Author Topic: Jesus and Donald Trump: who can tell the difference? A close reading  (Read 1148 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Note, this is not from Landover Baptist or Free Republic. Just to point out how crazy this is becoming. It is difficult to tell if they are trying to mock Trump worship or if this is a legitimate analysis.

The Bible famously documents how God created the world, but so does The Art of the Deal – except Trump is God and the world an investment in the Holiday Inn

It should come as no surprise that Donald Trump’s favorite piece of literature is the Bible.

That’s because he appears to have modeled his 1987 autobiography Trump: The Art of the Deal on the Book of Genesis.

The Bible famously documents how God created the world in one week, breaking the narrative down to his daily schedule. The Art of the Deal – Trump’s second-favourite book – follows an identical format, with the reader treated to an intimate examination of the business mogul’s schedule.

We learn that on the first day, while God is letting there be light, Trump is ordering his investment banker to buy up stock in Holiday Inn.

As God is seeing the light, and seeing that it was good, Trump is having his executive assistant bring him lunch: “A can of tomato juice. I rarely go out, because mostly, it’s a waste of time.” Trump saw that the tomato juice was also good.

Later on the first day God decides to call darkness night, and light day. That’s the end of his first day. Trump, meanwhile, is examining slides for the Trump Tower Christmas decorations. “I don’t like what I’m shown,” he writes. “Finally, I see a huge and magnificent gold wreath for the entrance to the building, and decide we should use just that.”....

...it keeps going here: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/14/jesus-donald-trump-who-can-tell-the-difference

Oceander

Re: Jesus and Donald Trump: who can tell the difference? A close reading
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 05:44:05 pm »
:bigsilly:

Godzilla

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 09:31:57 pm »
And to think how no one could understand my comparison of Trump supporters with those who followed the Church of the god-Queen, Palin (tm) back in 2012.

There is a disturbing segment of the 'conservative' base that views elections as the mechanism to select a Messiah to rule us.  It's inappropriate and quite frankly, those of that bent need to be shipped to Saudi Arabia, where they can live their dream of a theocratic wunderland.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 03:16:25 pm by Godzilla »

Offline raml

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 09:53:09 pm »
No way is Donald Trump considered the messiah by the right. Go get your head examined and quit trying to demonize Trump.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 04:13:11 am »
Trump Bible ‏@TheTrumpBible 1h1 hour ago

Tell me, who among you, if his son asked for bread, wouldn't tell him, "Loser! ur thinking small! Ask for a hyuuuuge steak!"
#TrumpBible

Trump Bible ‏@TheTrumpBible 1h1 hour ago

Master, what must I do to inherit eternal life? And Jesus replied, Again with the gotcha questions? Unbelievable #TrumpBible

Jeff B@AoSHQDD @EsotericCD

Don't get me wrong: Jesus? Great guy, classy. But a terrible executive. I would never tolerate a traitor within my organization. #TrumpBible

Scott C. ‏@ScottyTopher Aug 30

"Jesus? He's famous for being crucified...I like saviors who were not crucified." #TrumpBible

James Hohmann

And on the third day, Donald Trump did smite the Crips, Bloods, MS13 & the Latin Kings. And it was good #TrumpBible 
Christopher Heuertz ‏@ChrisHeuertz Aug 29

"Jesus? Nice guy, but LOW, LOW energy, I mean, bleeding out of his hands, his feet, his wherever..." #TrumpBible

Donald Dump ‏@trickcowboy Aug 28

I mean if it was me, I wouldn't have let the lepers into the temple. Not classy. Dummies. #TrumpBible

Gaylon Krizak ‏@UtilityInfieldr Aug 27 Corpus Christi, TX

#TrumpBible And on the first day, God created Trump. The next five days, a bunch of losers. He then took a day off ... loser

Sonj. ‏@SvennieNicole Aug 27

I give the Blessed Mother a 7. She loses points for the fat hips. Carrying the Messiah's not an excuse for baby weight, fatso. #TrumpBible

Hundreds more at #TrumpBible

If you don't like Trump these are really funny.  If you do like Trump but can't laugh at him, sorry.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:13:36 am by Once-Ler »