Author Topic: John McCain: “ISIS has nothing to do with the reality of Islam”  (Read 373 times)

rangerrebew

John McCain: “ISIS has nothing to do with the reality of Islam”

September 1, 2015 8:22 pm By Robert Spencer 90 Comments

The willful ignorance is bipartisan: the Republicans don’t offer any alternative to the Democrats’ ridiculous claim that the Islamic State has nothing to do with Islam. Neither party offers a realistic appraisal of why the Islamic State is so appealing to so many Muslims worldwide (30,000 now have joined it from all over the world). Neither party has spoken honestly about the actual beliefs of the Islamic State, where those beliefs come from, and how widely those beliefs are found among Muslims in the U.S. Neither party has shown any interest in the fact that despite pro forma condemnations, no mosque or Islamic organization in the U.S. has any program to teach young Muslims to reject the understanding of Islam offered by the Islamic State. And because of all this denial and willful ignorance, neither party has the slightest idea how to defeat the Islamic State.

Find out the truth about the Islamic State that John McCain ignores and denies in my new book, The Complete Infidel’s Guide to ISIS.

“John McCain Claims to Be Unaware of Arizona’s Anti-Islam Movement and That Planned Parenthood Videos Were Edited,” by Miriam Wasser, Phoenix New Times, August 31, 2015:

Despite U.S. Senator John McCain’s reported interest in all things related to Islamic terrorism and abortion politics, he claimed not to know about the growing Islamophobia movement in Arizona and the recent report by a team of forensic video experts proving that the controversial Planned Parenthood videos were edited in a deceptive way.

McCain began his speech at a town hall meeting at the Southwest Airlines Phoenix headquarters Monday morning by telling the hundreds in the audience that “the world has never been in more turmoil.”

He mentioned a growing refugee crisis, Chinese aggression in the South China Sea, and, of course, the Islamic State — better known as ISIS or ISIL — and the threat it poses to the world.

“When you look at what they’re doing, it’s astounding. It’s almost impossible to understand . . . They are evil people who have taken an honorable religion and perverted it to an extent that’s dangerous,” he said, going on to note how “unfortunate” he feels it is that the Obama administration “doesn’t have a strategy to fight ISIS.”

He spoke about the horrible beheading videos and how women are systematically raped as a weapon of war, but emphasized that “when it gets personal, that’s when it gets more poignant.”
    “When it gets personal, that’s when it gets more poignant.”

Though McCain was referring to last week’s thwarted attack on a French train and the tragic death of Arizona resident Kayla Mueller, he made no mention of the growing anti-Islam movement centered in Arizona, a movement that’s made headlines around the country and is threatening to stir up even more turmoil in the months ahead.

When asked about that group of people, particularly the antics of local resident Jon Ritzheimer — organizer of the Rally for Free Speech protest and co-organizer of the upcoming global rally against Islam — McCain came up blank.

“I’m not familiar with that movement,” the Senator said before going off on a tangent about how “unequivocally, without a doubt, the religion of Islam is an honorable and reasonable religion, [and that] ISIS has nothing to do with the reality of Islam.”

In a follow-up question, he was asked how, as the senator of a state simmering with anti-Islam fervor, he would deal with what looks to many like a powder keg ready to explode.

Looking slightly annoyed, McCain said, “Frankly, I think most citizens in this country and in Arizona know that Islam is a peaceful religion. I’ve never heard of this movement, and I like to think I keep up with everything going on.”…

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/09/john-mccain-isis-has-nothing-to-do-with-the-reality-of-islam
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:29:47 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Relic

Re: John McCain: “ISIS has nothing to do with the reality of Islam”
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 03:34:42 pm »
I WANT to like John McCain, I really do. I want to remember and recognize his service. But, he makes it so difficult when he continually says stupid things.

John McCain, please retire and enjoy the rest of your life.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 03:59:25 pm »
I WANT to like John McCain, I really do. I want to remember and recognize his service. But, he makes it so difficult when he continually says stupid things.

John McCain, please retire and enjoy the rest of your life.

Here.  Let me take the whole "military thing" out of the equation for you:

Wesley Clark
John Murtha
John Kerry

I've heard tell Ted Bundy saved a kitten once.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 04:02:52 pm »
They are evil people who have taken an honorable religion and perverted it
**nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org