Author Topic: (Charles) Barkley: Voting for Dems hasn’t helped blacks  (Read 225 times)

rangerrebew

(Charles) Barkley: Voting for Dems hasn’t helped blacks
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:08:39 am »
August 28, 2015, 11:16 am
Barkley: Voting for Dems hasn’t helped blacks

By Mark Hensch

NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley said on Friday that the years African-Americans had spent supporting Democrats had not improved their economic standing.

“Black people have been voting for Democrats their whole life, and they’re still poor,” the television broadcaster said on “The Dan Patrick Show,” according to The Chicago Sun-Times.

“Republicans don’t do anything for poor people either,” he added. “Neither one of the parties is doing anything for poor people. They’re both full of it.”

Barkley, a longtime Democrat, also admitted on Friday he is underwhelmed by his party’s current 2016 presidential field.

“Ah, well, I vote Democratic most of the time,” he said. “But the Democrats don’t have a candidate I really like.”

The basketball legend then reiterated past claims that he is most impressed by Ohio Gov. John Kasich, a GOP White House hopeful next year.

“He’s the guy I’m supporting right now,” Barkley said of Kasich. “You know, Dan, it’s tough for me to vote for a Republican but he’s the guy I’m voting for right now. He’s the leader in my clubhouse.”

Barkley added that he also respects Donald Trump, the outspoken billionaire currently leading the race for the Republican nomination in 2016.

“I like Trump,” he said. “The few times I’ve been around him, he’s always treated me cordial. But I’m going with — I can’t pronounce his name, the governor of Ohio — John Kasich.”

The latest RealClearPolitics average of national polls has Kasich ranked eight in the GOP’s crowded field of 17 presidential candidates.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/252181-barkley-voting-for-dems-hasnt-helped-blacks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:09:23 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: (Charles) Barkley: Voting for Dems hasn’t helped blacks
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:06:04 am »
[[ (Charles) Barkley: Voting for Dems hasn’t helped blacks ]]

It doesn't matter.
This means nothing at all.

Obama has set the mold for many many elections to come, winning about 95% of the black vote.

It's going to be a long long long time before any Republican garners more than 10% of the black vote again.

Them dayz is over.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 02:11:53 am »
He is a nobody. He says controversial things for attention and money.

Guilty white people put microphones in front of people like him, Rodman, others to get ratings.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 10:47:29 am »
[[ (Charles) Barkley: Voting for Dems hasn’t helped blacks ]]

It doesn't matter.
This means nothing at all.

Obama has set the mold for many many elections to come, winning about 95% of the black vote.

It's going to be a long long long time before any Republican garners more than 10% of the black vote again.

Them dayz is over.

"In theory", universal suffrage is a wonderful thing.  "In theory".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.