Author Topic: Hillary Clinton’s image is struggling, but she’s no Donald Trump or Jeb Bush  (Read 420 times)

bkepley

Peyton M. Craighill and Scott Clement
WP

It's been a bad summer for Hillary Rodham Clinton's polling numbers, and a new Washington Post-ABC News poll brings additional bad news for her brand.

But it also shows something else: She continues to be popular among a broad coalition of Democrats, and is still better liked than GOP heavyweights Donald Trump and Jeb Bush with the public at large.

Let's start with the bad news for Clinton. Fully, 53 percent have an unfavorable impression of her, the highest since April 2008 in Post-ABC surveys. That mark is eight percentage points higher than in July, though not as far from a Post-ABC poll in late May (49 percent). Intense views also run clearly against Clinton, with almost twice as many having a "strongly unfavorable" view of her (39 percent) as "strongly favorable" (21 percent).
What's more, among fellow Democrats, Clinton boasts a higher favorability rating of 80 percent to Biden's 70 percent. Both Biden and Clinton garner favorable ratings above 80 percent among liberal Democrats, but among moderate and conservative Democrats, Clinton's 3-to-1 positive ratio outstrips Biden's 2-to-1. Clinton is also more popular with Democrats than Donald Trump or Jeb Bush among their base; each candidate's favorable ratings among Republicans stand below 60 percent.
If Biden's on-the-sidelines popularity doesn't appear too threatening to Clinton, neither do two prominent GOP hopefuls. Clinton continues to be more popular than Trump (37 percent favorable to 59 percent unfavorable) or Bush (38/55).

More here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/02/hillary-clintons-image-is-struggling-but-shes-no-donald-trump-or-jeb-bush/

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Hillary is certainly no Bush, but Bush is close to being another Hillary.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline flowers

Hillary is certainly no Bush, but Bush is close to being another Hillary.
:laugh: