Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: Trump is Electable; Won't Hurt GOP  (Read 796 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newt Gingrich: Trump is Electable; Won't Hurt GOP
« on: August 31, 2015, 06:06:58 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/newt-gingrich-donald-trump-electable/2015/08/31/id/672778/

By Bill Hoffmann   |   Monday, 31 Aug 2015 11:00 AM

Former GOP powerhouse Newt Gingrich says Donald Trump is capable of winning not only the Republican presidential nomination, but also the general election to become the nation's 45th president.

Gingrich, a former House Speaker and onetime presidential candidate, was asked on ABC News' "This Week" program, if the billionaire developer could beat the other Republican presidential candidates to become the nominee.

"Absolutely … I think he also could be the president," Gingrich said to host Martha Raddatz, who followed up by asking how Trump can do it.

"Well, first of all, if you're ahead everywhere and you — and your lead is increasing, as it is in Iowa ... among Republicans … I think you might be surprised."

Gingrich, now a political commentator on CNN, was then asked whether Trump's take-no-prisoners approach of blurting out controversial, politically-incorrect statements, will hurt the Republican Party.

"I doubt it," Gingrich said.

The Georgia Republican also isn't worried about the Hispanic vote following the ejection of Univision journalist Jorge Ramos from a Trump campaign stop during a verbal battle over Trump's views on immigration.

Ramos, Gingrich said, "is the opponent of Donald Trump. Every night on Univision, he opposes the Republican Party."

"I happen to believe that the United States has both a moral and legal obligation to control its border. I think we have an obligation to stop terrorists," Gingrich said.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:07:39 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Newt Gingrich: Trump is Electable; Won't Hurt GOP
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 06:15:20 pm »
I find this very interesting that even Gingrich acknowledges that Trump is electable.  Perhaps he also realizes that the GOPe sunk his ship last election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 06:24:10 pm »
I think NEWT realizes that NOW. I thought Newt was heading up TRUMP efforts in GA ??? :patriot:

Godzilla

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:44:57 pm »
Gingrich, now a political commentator on CNN, was then asked whether Trump's take-no-prisoners approach of blurting out controversial, politically-incorrect statements, will hurt the Republican Party.

"I doubt it," Gingrich said.

I wonder what he'd say if asked whether Trump's campaign platform will hurt the Republican party.

bkepley

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 10:48:36 pm »
I think NEWT realizes that NOW. I thought Newt was heading up TRUMP efforts in GA ??? :patriot:

Hey why not?  Everyone has forgotten Newt.  Climb aboard.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 09:46:11 am »
“Power is like being a lady, if you have to say you are, you aren't.” - Margaret Thatcher