Author Topic: Ted Cruz responds to John Boehner's insult  (Read 344 times)

bkepley

Ted Cruz responds to John Boehner's insult
« on: September 01, 2015, 04:05:04 pm »
Nick Gass
Politico

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz addressed a recent report that House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) called him a "jackass" during a Colorado fundraiser, drawing a contrast between that remark and those he has made about another prominent Republican colleague.

In an interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt on Monday, the Texas Republican and presidential candidate said that "there's far too much" of ad hominem attacks and name-calling among political figures. The Daily Caller quoted two attendees at the event who said that the Ohio lawmaker joked that Cruz's presidential campaign keeps "that jackass" out of Washington and away from telling him how to do his job.

"The speaker is entitled to express whatever views he likes, but I’m not going to respond in kind. And I think the American people are not remotely interested in a bunch of politicians in Washington bickering like schoolyard children. I think what they’re looking for is serious leaders who will address and provide real solutions to the very real problems we’re facing right now," Cruz told Hewitt.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/ted-cruz-respond-john-boehner-jackass-comment-213209#ixzz3kVHaZhVb