Author Topic: Donald Trump may be dooming the GOP with a 10% chunk of the electorate  (Read 2741 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Donald Trump may be dooming the GOP with a 10% chunk of the electorate
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 01:53:33 am »
Yahoo news is whistling past the graveyard.

Trump draws support from all demographic groups and across the ideological spectrum, from far left to far right and those in between.

Please recall that past Iowa caucuses favored candidates like Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum for heaven's sake. And now they are favoring Trump? So, what's going on?

Trump's candidacy seems to be breaking all traditional GOP rules.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 01:59:27 am »
Oh here we go again. If you don't trust Trump you are a RINO or a Democrat Troll. Seriously people, is it really the intension to make TBR the bastard child of TOS?   I left TOS because of just such arrogance, and intolerance for people supporting any candidate not approved by Jim.

I for one do not believe that anyone who doesn't trust Trump is a RINO or a Democrat troll.  Each person has to weigh out in their mind what each candidate brings to the table based on their past actions, current actions and how they would lead as president.    Obviously, Trump can connect with voters who are disgusted with the GOP establishment.  For me, though I am uncomfortable with several issues surrounding Trump, I would vote for him over Bush.  (I realize there are other GOPe candidates, but I don't see them surviving till the primaries).  For that matter, I would vote for any other Republican candidate other than Bush.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 02:05:58 am »
Yahoo news is whistling past the graveyard.

Trump draws support from all demographic groups and across the ideological spectrum, from far left to far right and those in between.

Please recall that past Iowa caucuses favored candidates like Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum for heaven's sake. And now they are favoring Trump? So, what's going on?

Trump's candidacy seems to be breaking all traditional GOP rules.

You're kidding us right? All Demographics?   None of the stories going over this latest poll claim Trump is winning in all demographics.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/iowa-poll-2016-ben-carson-donald-trump-213182

The latest survey showed Carson making inroads on key voting blocs that Trump has been winning in recent polls. Women preferred Carson at 30 percent to 19 percent, while Trump did better with male voters, at 27 percent to 17 percent.

Among those identifying with the tea party, 27 percent pledged their support for Trump, compared to 22 percent for Carson, with Cruz behind with 16 percent. But Carson leads among non-tea-party-affiliated Republicans, taking 25 percent to Trump's 19 percent.

Voters who described themselves as very or somewhat conservative were split between the top two, while moderates and liberals went for Trump at 26 percent, Fiorina at 18 percent and Carson at 17 percent.

Carson leads among evangelical voters, earning 29 percent to Trump's 23 percent, while non-evangelicals backed Trump with 24 percent, followed by Carson at 18 percent and Fiorina at 13 percent.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 02:24:01 am »
You're kidding us right? All Demographics?   None of the stories going over this latest poll claim Trump is winning in all demographics.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/iowa-poll-2016-ben-carson-donald-trump-213182

The latest survey showed Carson making inroads on key voting blocs that Trump has been winning in recent polls. Women preferred Carson at 30 percent to 19 percent, while Trump did better with male voters, at 27 percent to 17 percent.

Among those identifying with the tea party, 27 percent pledged their support for Trump, compared to 22 percent for Carson, with Cruz behind with 16 percent. But Carson leads among non-tea-party-affiliated Republicans, taking 25 percent to Trump's 19 percent.

Voters who described themselves as very or somewhat conservative were split between the top two, while moderates and liberals went for Trump at 26 percent, Fiorina at 18 percent and Carson at 17 percent.

Carson leads among evangelical voters, earning 29 percent to Trump's 23 percent, while non-evangelicals backed Trump with 24 percent, followed by Carson at 18 percent and Fiorina at 13 percent.

No, no, no. I said Trump "draws support from" not "winning all." Don't misquote me.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:25:29 am by aligncare »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 02:46:16 am »
No, no, no. I said Trump "draws support from" not "winning all." Don't misquote me.

Well then that applies to all of the candidates. I think if you examine the polls each candidate can claim some numbers from each category mentioned.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 02:57:55 am »
Well then that applies to all of the candidates. I think if you examine the polls each candidate can claim some numbers from each category mentioned.

Remember, I also included ideological spectrum, too. I know of Democrats, Independents, and Republicans that support Trump. Making Trump's potential voter pool rather large.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 12:12:41 pm »
Oh here we go again. If you don't trust Trump you are a RINO or a Democrat Troll. Seriously people, is it really the intension to make TBR the bastard child of TOS?   I left TOS because of just such arrogance, and intolerance for people supporting any candidate not approved by Jim.

As someone who believes Trump is the perfect wrecking ball for the status quo, I'm none too thrilled by those in the bow -tied pontification brigade who consider Trump to be too low-brow and loud-mouthed to be an effective political player.  If it weren't for Trump and his ilk, they would be working in an office, spouting off about this piffle or that.
Oh, actually, they wouldn't, they would continue the suck the life out of Joe SixPack, cent-by-cent gratis the confiscatory tax policy they claim to abhor or penny a word shouting against the killing of the unborn.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:43:17 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 02:50:52 pm »

Anti-Trumpers, ask yourself this: Who are the top three candidates coming out of this latest Monmouth university Iowa poll? Carson, Trump, Fiorina. All three, political outsiders.

The GOP needs to be afraid, be very afraid.