Author Topic: Report: GOP Elites Plan to Take Down Trump With Deluge of Anti-Trump Ads After Labor Day  (Read 4541 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I am not a supporter of Trump, but I am defending him in as far as he represents (so far) an opposition to the GOP establishment and has brought focus to opposing the establishment on some issues that no other candidate has been able to do.  He has allowed the voice of many to finally be heard.  I feel he deserves credit for that. So far he has been successful in connecting with those that realize that our government has failed "We the People".  I not only believe that the GOP establishment has failed the American people, but,  I believe that BOTH parties have failed the American people.  When, the majority of our 534 members of Congress allows a president to get away with violating his oath of office we have a very serious problem.  When we have Republican leaders who continually side with Democrat leaders then there no longer is a two party system which also indicates that we have a very, very serious problem.

With that being said, I believe it is crucial for the survival of our country to NOT elect a member of the GOP establishment.  We cannot continue on our current path of destruction.

I am uncomfortable with Trump's 3rd party stance, donations to the DEMS (connection with the Clintons), his "attack" personality and perhaps most troubling is his waffling on the 2nd amendment.

Come out of the closet, libertybele!

Your Trump-gayness be damned!   You'll feel liberated.  Like you just stepped out of a hot shower!     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Come out of the closet, libertybele!

Your Trump-gayness be damned!   You'll feel liberated.  Like you just stepped out of a hot shower!     :laugh:

Oh, what the heck!   :beer:      :silly:

Cruz 2016!  Imagine!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DCPatriot

Oh, what the heck!   :beer:      :silly:

Cruz 2016!  Imagine!

No!  Sorry, I can't!     :chairbang:        :laugh: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Seven years of Obama and we worry about Trump's stance on the second amendment? That makes no sense.

Offline DCPatriot

Seven years of Obama and we worry about Trump's stance on the second amendment? That makes no sense.

Was compiling a long-winded post today, which I ultimately deleted....

...one that observed that over the years, that you find yourself aligned...no pun intended...with the same several to a half-dozen members.

More pointedly, you develop impressions as to where YOU PLACE each and every one of us fall on the 'Conservative Scale'.

AC, I'm so proud to find myself agreeing with you all the time.    :beer:

PS:  It must be the Sicilian blood running through our hearts.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:29:50 am by DCPatriot »

Offline aligncare

If anyone should have tried to make sweeping changes to gun laws at the federal level it would have been the lawless president, Barack Hussein Obama, with his phone and a pen.

Someone please correct me but I believe gun laws have not gotten much worse than they already are. And I certainly don't see Trump as some kind of anti-gun warrior.

And, yes, DC, we do seem to be of like mind these days. Definitely, it must be the Siciliano.  :beer:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:42:26 am by aligncare »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Trump does not appear to be an anti-gun type. One recent quote I remember had him saying we should be much more concerned with our terrible performance dealing with mental illness and not with going after legal gun owners.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline evadR

SO, what is this great plan to take Trump down?
He's not a conservative, he once was seen with the Clintons..inquiring minds need to know.

What a crock.
If this is true, I hope the GOPe chokes on their own venom.  They are the enemy.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline NavyCanDo

Back in 2000 in his book “The America We Deserve” he wrote “The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse to even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.”

Also in 2000 he said, “I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons, and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record,” said Trump in 2000, when he was flirting with a run for the White House.

During a speech at CPAC in 2011, he sang a different tune. Trump said he opposed gun control.

Today he is walking that back by saying he was not referring to AR-15s as assault weapons, but many NRA members are not swallowing it, and call it a flip-flop for political reasons.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

Trump's not an ideologue. His corporation gives equally to Republicans and Democrats, especially where and when politicians might hamper his ability to get a building project completed.

That common practice of political patronage, encouraged and sustained by politicians--not the business community; of CEO's having to grease government palms to avoid having their business targeted and punished is why many people are turning to Trump. He didn't make the rules but he did follow them to get his projects done.

But, I doubt his wish is to sanction the practice. I think he believes businesses should be left alone to do their job. I also think that he believes politicians are mostly scumbags with their hands out.

I think he wants to be the new sheriff in town. Doesn't sound so bad to me.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
AC, I'm so proud to find myself agreeing with you all the time.    :beer:

PS:  It must be the Sicilian blood running through our hearts.
I am "IBM" which stands for "Italian By Marriage."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

With that being said, I believe it is crucial for the survival of our country to NOT elect a member of the GOP establishment.  We cannot continue on our current path of destruction.

I have been tasked by my GOPe secret masters with a reconnaissance mission to find out how exposed the GOPe is.

It is undeniable that the secret masters of the GOPe have chosen Gov. Jeb Bush to be the next GOP nominee.  We would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that accursed Donald Trump!

We also know Sen. Graham, Gov. Christie, Gov. Petaki are compromised, and you outed Gov. Kasich and Gov. Gilmore yesterday.

I can reveal no more for fear of punishment.

Now I ask, do you know or suspected any of the other candidates of being GOPRINO?( aside from Sen. Ted Cruz who was once the biggest thorn in our side)

Gov. Scott Walker
Sen. Marco Rubio
Ben Carson
Gov. Mike Huckabee
Carly Fiorina
Sen. Rand Paul
Gov. Rick Perry
Gov. Bobby Jindal
Sen. Rick Santorum

As a reward for helping me, even though I don't deserve it...ya know...being part of the conspiracy to destroy the country, here is a picture of Sen. Ted Cruz as Justice League of America's Super Hero from the future Booster Gold.

Ted Cruz is Golden.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:14:59 am by Once-Ler »

Offline DCPatriot

I am "IBM" which stands for "Italian By Marriage."

:beer:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
If anyone should have tried to make sweeping changes to gun laws at the federal level it would have been the lawless president, Barack Hussein Obama, with his phone and a pen.

Someone please correct me but I believe gun laws have not gotten much worse than they already are. And I certainly don't see Trump as some kind of anti-gun warrior.

And, yes, DC, we do seem to be of like mind these days. Definitely, it must be the Siciliano.  :beer:

There have been numerous attempts by this president and this administration to change gun laws. Thankfully we have the National Rifle Association, National Association of Gun Rights, Gun Owners of America and other pro-gun organizations who have pushed back.  Barry's still has a little over a year before his reign of terror is up; don't under estimate him with his mighty pen.

*Trump supports a ban on assault weapons and he also supports a longer waiting period to purchase a firearm.

I say no and hell no.  The 2nd amendment is THE most important right that we have.  Without it we will have NO rights.

*Trump has come out and stated that he would not commit to not running 3rd party; that has a very likely potential to split the Republican vote and hand it to the DEMS.

*Trump has made donations and has connections to the Clintons.

*Those are my main concerns with Trump.  I've stated them before.  We have a lot of time between now and the primaries and much can happen.  As of right now, even with my reservations (and as I have stated several times), I would still vote for Trump over Bush or Christie.

I am a huge supporter of Ted Cruz and believe him to be the best candidate for the office of president. There are a couple of other candidates I would vote for over Trump, but right now they are very low in the polls and doubt they will make it to the finish line.

I firmly believe in voting for the best candidate and not for who I think is going to win and certainly not just because of party affiliation.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:44:23 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.