Author Topic: Trump: ‘I’m not looking to attack anybody' with TV ads  (Read 374 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: ‘I’m not looking to attack anybody' with TV ads
« on: August 30, 2015, 12:39:11 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/252256-trump-im-not-looking-to-attack-anybody-with-tv-ads

August 29, 2015, 03:40 pm
Trump: ‘I’m not looking to attack anybody' with TV ads

By Mark Hensch

Donald Trump is certainly unafraid to take shots at his competitors in his speeches. But the GOP presidential front-runner says he is not planning on bringing any negativity to the airwaves.

“I just want to talk about my accomplishments” in campaign TV ads, Trump told reporters in Nashville, according to CNN.

“I’m not looking to attack anybody,” he added. “I would rather have positive TV ads, absolutely.”

Trump also said he is not yet buying broadcast ads because of the frequency of media coverage he receives.

“[It is] saving a lot of money,” he quipped. “I can’t [run ads] when it is all news, all the time, all Trump, all the time, on CNN, right?”

The outspoken billionaire is currently leading 16 other Republicans in the race for the party’s presidential nomination next year.

Trump argued Saturday that his success is based on constant reinvention of his campaign’s talking points.

“When you’re always live, you have to keep changing up your speeches,” he told listeners during the National Federation of Republican Assemblies’ 2015 conference in Nashville earlier that morning.

“The other candidates don’t get covered ever, except for the debates,” he added.

Trump showed some of his rivals little mercy Thursday morning.

“We had a low-energy governor in Florida,” he said, mocking former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

“Congratulations, I’m only beating you in your home state by 26 points,” Trump added, taunting Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) over his lead in South Carolina.

“I think I’m a nice person, and I love people,” the New York business mogul later joked.

The latest RealClearPolitics average of national polling has Trump with 23.5 percent support, leading retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, his closest competition with 10.3 percent.

Trump has repeatedly argued he is resonating with everyday Americans because he rejects political correctness, talking tough and speaking his mind instead.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: Trump: ‘I’m not looking to attack anybody' with TV ads
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 01:15:44 pm »
However, if they attack him he WILL FIGHT back. He has attacked no one thus far in the campaign including the Bimbo File. He only responsed to someone attack on him! :patriot: