Author Topic: Biden Buzz Fizzles at DNC Summer Meeting  (Read 205 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Buzz Fizzles at DNC Summer Meeting
« on: August 30, 2015, 12:26:37 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/423274/print

Biden Buzz Fizzles at DNC Summer Meeting
By Brendan Bordelon — August 29, 2015

Minneapolis — Democratic National Committee (DNC) member Pete Gertonson had just stepped off a plane from Idaho when he got the call. On the other end of the line was a representative of the Draft Biden super PAC, urging him to attend a secretive meeting on the 23rd floor of Minneapolis’s Hilton hotel.

“Their message was, ‘Hey, don’t make up your mind, keep your options open,’” says Gertonson, who attended one of four shadowy confabs Draft Biden held far from the prying eyes of the Democratic masses attending the DNC’s summer meeting here. He says about 25 other delegates attended the same meeting.

Unlike many of the committee members at the DNC conference, Gertonson hasn’t yet decided on a presidential candidate. But though he was impressed by their “Ridin’ with Biden” chocolate bars, the nascent Biden campaign’s sales pitch left him underwhelmed.

“When I got here, and got off the plane and got that invitation, I went, ‘Ok, maybe there’s something more to this rumor,’” Gertonson says. “I came out of the room thinking, ‘It’s still a rumor.’ So I’m a little disappointed.”

“If they could’ve said ‘he’s going to announce one way or the other in a week, [so] stay tuned,’ if they could’ve said that to us, I’d be more excited,” he says.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34