Author Topic: BREAKING: Megyn Kelly Leaving FOX?… Ailes Author Says “She Wants to Go Mainstream”  (Read 2137 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/08/breaking-megyn-kelly-leaving-fox-ailes-author-says-she-wants-to-go-mainstream/

BREAKING: Megyn Kelly Leaving FOX?… Ailes Author Says “She Wants to Go Mainstream”

Jim Hoft Aug 27th, 2015 11:54 pm

Author Gabriel Sherman went on with Steve Malzberg on NewsMax TV Thursday.

Sherman wrote The Loudest Voice in the Room in 2014 on FOX News President Roger Ailes. Today he told Malzberg that Megyn Kelly wants to go mainstream and is keeping her options open.

From the interview:

Gabriel Sherman: In the days after the debate all of the emails and messages that FOX News was getting from their viewers were pro-Trump emails. Roger Ailes and his executives at FOX were shocked at the volume of the response. And, they really didn’t know what to do because their audience loves Trump. And yet FOX be all measures really hammered him. So they were sort of treating him with kid gloves until this interview when he came forward and questioned her vacation. That’s when they released a statement and compared him to conspiracy theories… Roger Ailes has never really faced an adversary like Donald Trump. Donald Trump doesn’t play by his rules so Ailes does not know what to do. This week he decided to come out and hit him…

Steve Malzberg: You also talk about in this piece the conspiracy theories that this is all setting up down the road the big Megyn Kelly – Donald Trump sit-down. And this is somehow being, if not coordinated, discussed by Ailes and Trump… Why is Megyn Kelly not firing back at this point?

Gabriel Sherman: Well, she, up until this point, was the fastest rising star at FOX News. She was really becoming the face of the network. And, I don’t think she wants to get down in the weeds and the gutter and play this kind of hardball politics.

Steve Malzberg: Because she’ll lose.

Gabriel Sherman: Or, she wants to, part of this is she wants to go mainstream. There was some talk before her most recent contract that she was flirting with CNN to kind of jump from FOX to CNN. And, I think she wants to leave all options on the table. If she gets down in the weeds and slugs it out with Trump that will hurt her brand.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
When you perform in the Big Tent, you have to up your game.

I want to listen to Fox and CNN cover the elections with neutrality.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines-2015/megyn-kelly-to-leave-fox-news-go-to-cnn#at_pco=smlwn-1.0&at_si=55e0b7c6a4a2e2ff&at_ab=per-3&at_pos=0&at_tot=1

Megyn Kelly to leave Fox News? Go to CNN?

Fire Andrea Mitchell!

Now it all makes sense. Megyn Kelly wants to go ‘mainstream’ and is rumored to be going to CNN when her contract with Fox News is up. The fact that Megyn Kelly considers CNN ‘mainstream’ is rather ironic considering her show beats the competing CNN show in the same time slot by at least double or triple the ratings. When The Gateway Pundit posted the news that Megyn Kelly is ‘keeping her options open’ and wants to go mainstream, all of her smug attitude problems over the the month of August now made perfect sense. The stupid questions to Trump during the GOP? That’s certainly ‘mainstream’ material for a ‘good journalist.’ Kelly’s snobbish attitude to Ted Cruz and Ben Carson? Totally mainstream. Sucking up to Jorge Ramos? Well you get the point.

Megyn Kelly to leave Fox News? Go to CNN?

Frankly, I just figured Megyn Kelly’s ego got as inflated as Bill O’Reilly and she was just him in a dress. If this report is true about Megyn Kelly going to CNN to become more ‘mainstream’ then she is signing the death sentence for her ‘journalist’ career. Ask Alisyn Camerota how well that move from Fox to CNN worked out.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Well then.....buh bye. When she first got that time slot I was happy. Then I watched her show a few times. Haven't watched it since. I rarely watch the Fox anymore. I like Greta.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Well then.....buh bye. When she first got that time slot I was happy. Then I watched her show a few times. Haven't watched it since. I rarely watch the Fox anymore. I like Greta.

We got rid of cable tv after the 2012 election (wanted to before that but I wanted to watch the election results) and I haven't missed it at all - especially Fox News.  Just seems like everyone they hire now is liberal and too few conservatives.  I do like Greta though, she's one of the few. 

I knew Kelly was aiming to leave when I heard about her "vacation".  She's a liberal feminist - and it shows. I liked her at first, but it didn't take long to figure her out. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Paladin

CNN is "mainstream"? On what planet?

This all sounds like a ploy for a salary increase when contract negotiations begin.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline musiclady

Megyn has been very hard on Planned Parenthood and Hillary Clinton, as well as #blacklivesmatter.  She hasn't been a 'liberal feminist' in any of the shows I've seen her on.

If she changes her tune on CNN, I'll be surprised, but it would be an indicator of where her allegiance lies.

Unfortunately I'll never find out because I wouldn't watch CNN if my life depended on it......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EdinVA

Never liked her.
The few times she actually asked a question that I wanted to hear the answer to kelly over talked her guest so I never got to hear what the guest had to say, only kelley and her big mouth.
I usually have fox on because I want to know what is going on and fox LOVEs news alerts... :)

bkepley

Never liked her.
The few times she actually asked a question that I wanted to hear the answer to kelly over talked her guest so I never got to hear what the guest had to say, only kelley and her big mouth.
I usually have fox on because I want to know what is going on and fox LOVEs news alerts... :)

I can beat that.  I've never liked any of them.  But I have also never listened to talk radio.  Never. Greta is OK IMHO for a distraction.

Godzilla

The kitty goodbyes are more for the TOS.  I ask that you leave them there.

Offline alicewonders

And by what authority do you have to do that?

Godzilla

And by what authority do you have to do that?

None.  That's why I asked.

Is it something you'd like to see again, that reminder of the nastiness from the TOS?

Offline alicewonders

None.  That's why I asked.

Is it something you'd like to see again, that reminder of the nastiness from the TOS?

It doesn't remind me of TOS.  I think it's cute myself, but that is beside the point - just because YOU don't like it - you think it's OK to ask someone else not to use it?  I just find that incredible.

Godzilla

It doesn't remind me of TOS.  I think it's cute myself, but that is beside the point - just because YOU don't like it - you think it's OK to ask someone else not to use it?  I just find that incredible.

"just because YOU don't like it - you think it's OK to ask someone else not to use it?"

Yes, I do.

It's not okay to demand it.  Asking is perfectly normal.

Or do you find it incredible if someone asks another in a movie theater to please quiet down (when they are yapping on a cell phone in the middle of a movie)?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:15:25 am by Godzilla »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Megyn Kelly will be #1 wherever she goes.  She could be the next prime time alphabet news anchor and change their news format forever.

For Katie Couric numbers.

She kicks O'Reilly's butt on a regular basis now.  He was #1 for 15+ years.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Buddy, this is the 2nd thread I'm catching you screwing with the forum's DNA.  Stop it, please.

We love our forum.  And despite our political differences at the moment, we love one another.

You need to relax.  We could NEVER be compared to TOS.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald