Author Topic: On home turf, Bush unloads on Trump: ‘He should be held to account just like me’  (Read 848 times)

bkepley

Ed O'Keefe
WP

"Do we have to talk about this guy?"

That's how Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush responded as a supporter began asking him about businessman Donald Trump.

But a few moments later, Bush unloaded.

"I was going to talk to you in the Mexican language," the man said as he started asking his question.

Bush and the crowd laughed at his reference to Trump, who has hectored Bush for "speaking Mexican" at least once.

The man wanted to know whether Bush would critique Trump's border security plan, which includes calls to build a tall wall and pay for it by seizing remittance payments from undocumented Mexican immigrants.

"It is not feasible to build a wall as the sole solution," he said. "It's a simple thing to say and I'm sure it's great for our friends in the press — to just simplify the thing down to that. But it’s not practical and it’s not conservative. It’s not conservative."

But a man seated behind Bush didn't like the answer and began shouting about China. Trump has said that the United States can build a border wall because China built its Great Wall.

Bush snapped: "Oh yeah, 600 years ago. I'm telling you what they say on the border, not in Pensacola, because we don't have a border problem here. I'm talking about the people on the ground."

The man persisted, asking Bush to explain his plan.

"I'm going to give it to you right now man, you ready?" Bush said. "You listening?"

Under his plan, Bush would deploy U.S. Border Patrol closer to the border, use drones and GPS tracking to identify potential illegal entry points, and punish cities that refuse to arrest undocumented immigrants sought by federal agencies.

"I'm running for the presidency in the conservative party. Which means I don't think we should spend hundreds of billions of dollars with an impractical solution," he added.

Volume and energy rising, Bush continued: "This guy is now the front-runner. He should be held to account just like me. He should be asked — as he was yesterday — how are you going to pay for it? Why do you think this is not going to be — prove to me that it's not impractical. Explain to me how you're going to stop all the remittances without violating peoples' civil liberty. Go through these questions and what you'll find is that this guy doesn't have a plan. He's appealing to peoples' angst and their anger. I want to solve problems so that we can fix this and turn immigration into what it's always been: An economic driver for our country."

More here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/26/on-home-turf-bush-unloads-on-trump-he-should-be-held-to-account-just-like-me/

A little something for the Bush "haters".

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

A little something for the Bush "haters".
Well I don't hate Bush but I have a comment.  Bush's immigration proposal sounds rational.

"I'm running for the presidency in the conservative party. Which means I don't think we should spend hundreds of billions of dollars with an impractical solution," he added.

interesting.

Offline flowers

Stop giving the undocumented democrats freebies. They will self deport.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Basically what Bush wants to do is grant amnesty to the illegals that are here that have been draining our economy for decades. US border patrol closer?  Really?  How about letting ICE and border patrol do their jobs? I do know that under governor Bush, Florida saw a huge influx of illegals.  Nothing was done.  Existing laws were not enforced.  Bank of America was allowed to grant mortgages to non-citizens. Unscrupulous contractors hired illegals making it difficult for legitimate contractors to compete. Driver's licenses and voting cards were issued without proof of citizenship.

Bush intends to grant amnesty, so of course he would think that a border fence or wall wouldn't be feasible.  Why waste money on a fence when you are allowing people to come across in droves anyways?  Besides...who knows what he promises the Hispanics when he addresses the American public in Spanish.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EdinVA

"I'm running for the presidency in the conservative party...
It’s not conservative."

So NOW JB is an expert on conservatism?  We will see how conservative he is over the coming months...

bkepley

In your dreams.  You have no understanding whatsoever about what motivates illegals.  Do you think if freebies are cut off here they will be better of there and if so why?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ On home turf, Bush unloads on Trump: ‘He should be held to account just like me’ ]]

Offline flowers

In your dreams.  You have no understanding whatsoever about what motivates illegals.  Do you think if freebies are cut off here they will be better of there and if so why?
Better off there, you mean Mexico?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:33:32 pm by flowers »

Offline MBB1984

Jeb? believes that protecting America from illegal invasion is not Conservative.   And, a wall would not help the supply of cheap labor to his political supporters.

The easiest way to stop the inflow if illegal aliens and increase the voluntary outflow is to stop the enticement.  Stop anchor babies and any use of government benefits.  More importantly, require stringent E-Verify rules and enforce them.  Most importantly, severely punish those who hire illegal aliens without the stringent E-Verify rules.  Thereafter, you can streamline deportation rules.  However, self deportation is the easiest and cheapest way to achieve success.  The problem is that JEB? and his country club supporters want to increase the inflow of cheap labor, not hinder it.

bkepley

Jeb? believes that protecting America from illegal invasion is not Conservative.   And, a wall would not help the supply of cheap labor to his political supporters.

The easiest way to stop the inflow if illegal aliens and increase the voluntary outflow is to stop the enticement.  Stop anchor babies and any use of government benefits.  More importantly, require stringent E-Verify rules and enforce them.  Most importantly, severely punish those who hire illegal aliens without the stringent E-Verify rules.  Thereafter, you can streamline deportation rules.  However, self deportation is the easiest and cheapest way to achieve success.  The problem is that JEB? and his country club supporters want to increase the inflow of cheap labor, not hinder it.

You won't stop the inflow by stopping benefits.  Clearly you don't know any illegals.  We should not be giving illegals government benefits and it should be stopped.  You overrate it though. Anchor babies will have to be decided in court.  Severely punishing those who hire illegals will not be popular just a warning. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Poor, poor Jeb.  This just isn't the way it was supposed to be.   I suspect he'll be stomping his feet at the next meeting.   ^-^

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Poor, poor Jeb.  This just isn't the way it was supposed to be.   I suspect he'll be stomping his feet at the next meeting.   ^-^

:beer:  He's Jeb "Bush" darn it and this election was supposed to be all about him and the Beast.   :silly:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:beer:  He's Jeb "Bush" darn it and this election was supposed to be all about him and the Beast.   :silly:

88devil

Offline Longiron

It is about Jeb but he will not listen, not even to his own mother. The country has had enough BUSHIES. Time to quit and no one except the pollesters  will vote for you. Get it !

bkepley

It is about Jeb but he will not listen, not even to his own mother. The country has had enough BUSHIES. Time to quit and no one except the pollesters  will vote for you. Get it !
BUSHIES..BUSHIES..ETC.
When will finish kindergarten?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Jeb will soon be throwing his own pity party.