Author Topic: Donald Trump Repudiates David Duke, Says Lee Harvey Oswald Acted Alone  (Read 1908 times)

bkepley

Chuck Ross
Daily Caller

During an interview on Bloomberg TV on Wednesday Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump fielded a series of questions that ranged from ex-KKK leader David Duke to Lee Harvey Oswald to his favorite Bible verse.

In the interview, conducted by Bloomberg hosts Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, Trump was asked to respond to a statement Duke made on his radio show on Tuesday that the billionaire was “the best of the lot” in the presidential field.

Trump said he barely knew who Duke was but that he didn’t want or need his support.
Heilemann also asked Trump to weigh in on two historical questions: whether he believes that Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated John F. Kennedy alone and whether he believes Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas over Anita Hill, the woman who accused him of sexual harassment.

“I believe he acted alone,” Trump said of Oswald. “I think he probably acted alone.”

And on the Thomas-Hill affair, Trump said “I really have a lot respect, I like Clarence Thomas a lot. I’ll go with Clarence Thomas.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/26/donald-trump-repudiates-david-duke-says-lee-harvey-oswald-acted-alone/#ixzz3k2mciMAg

Proving he's not totally off his rocker but the Lone Gunman thing might lose him some votes from the wingnuts.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Donald Trump Repudiates David Duke, Says Lee Harvey Oswald Acted Alone
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 07:16:41 pm »
Proving he's not totally off his rocker but the Lone Gunman thing might lose him some votes from the wingnuts.

You always have to get a slam in there, don't you?

:shrug:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 04:55:05 am »
You always have to get a slam in there, don't you?

:shrug:

Well I don't.  I gotta give credit to Trump for taking questions even if I don't like the answers.  He's the front runner...so I'd expect him to slow down the interviews and consolidate his lead.  I also give him props for repudiating Duke.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 05:06:14 am »
Well I don't.  I gotta give credit to Trump for taking questions even if I don't like the answers.  He's the front runner...so I'd expect him to slow down the interviews and consolidate his lead.  I also give him props for repudiating Duke.

I'm seeing Trump 'refine' his style lately.  He's mellowing his tone - maturing.  I think he seriously wants to be president. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 05:18:00 am »
I'm seeing Trump 'refine' his style lately.  He's mellowing his tone - maturing.  I think he seriously wants to be president.
It appears he has a real chance, senses it himself, and his toning down a bit to avoid damaging mistakes.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 05:21:36 am »
It appears he has a real chance, senses it himself, and his toning down a bit to avoid damaging mistakes.

I agree.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 05:23:08 am »
I think it has to do with the fact that Trump is highly intelligent, despite detractor claims. He's a quick learner, he's hands on, I don't think he even has a speech writer. He's running the show, he's responsible for his own success.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 05:33:22 am »
I think it has to do with the fact that Trump is highly intelligent, despite detractor claims. He's a quick learner, he's hands on, I don't think he even has a speech writer. He's running the show, he's responsible for his own success.

Yep.  He's exponentially learning everyday.  Where most of the other candidates have rehearsed themselves into a set style, Trump has been flying by the seat of his pants.  Where most of the others have reached their pinnacle of election strategy - Trump is just beginning.  It's his to win - if he's as smart as he says he is.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 05:53:53 am »
The GOP Convention is July and the Election is November. Eleven and 14 months away.

Pacing. Priorities. Watch the money on BOTH sides. Avoid unforced errors.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 05:59:32 am »
Yep.  He's exponentially learning everyday.  Where most of the other candidates have rehearsed themselves into a set style, Trump has been flying by the seat of his pants.  Where most of the others have reached their pinnacle of election strategy - Trump is just beginning.  It's his to win - if he's as smart as he says he is.

Re Lee Harvey Oswald, when it comes to conspiracy theories my brain just shuts down. I can barely manage the stuff that is real and known and tangible in my life without going into the weeds over conspiracies.