Author Topic: The case for Biden skepticism  (Read 319 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The case for Biden skepticism
« on: August 27, 2015, 02:39:59 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/the-case-for-biden-skepticism/article/2570879

By W. James Antle III • 8/26/15 4:26 PM

Earlier this week, I laid out the case for why Joe Biden might run in 2016. In a nutshell, he would like to be president and he might think he can win. He was never likely to get another chance after his second campaign and almost certainly won't have the opportunity again.

This Glenn Thrush piece, perhaps unintentionally, is a good argument for why Biden shouldn't run.

It paints the vice president as, quite understandably, still grieving over his son's untimely death and suggests that Biden loyalists who would like him to run have encouraged the press to exaggerate his halfhearted moves toward campaign planning.

There's speculation about whether his wife really wants him to run (it's not easy to mount a successful presidential campaign without spousal buy-in, since it's a family affair nowadays) and whether Barack Obama prefers Hillary Clinton.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: The case for Biden skepticism
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 02:44:05 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/the-case-for-biden-skepticism/article/2570879

By W. James Antle III • 8/26/15 4:26 PM

Earlier this week, I laid out the case for why Joe Biden might run in 2016. In a nutshell, he would like to be president and he might think he can win. He was never likely to get another chance after his second campaign and almost certainly won't have the opportunity again.

This Glenn Thrush piece, perhaps unintentionally, is a good argument for why Biden shouldn't run.

It paints the vice president as, quite understandably, still grieving over his son's untimely death and suggests that Biden loyalists who would like him to run have encouraged the press to exaggerate his halfhearted moves toward campaign planning.

There's speculation about whether his wife really wants him to run (it's not easy to mount a successful presidential campaign without spousal buy-in, since it's a family affair nowadays) and whether Barack Obama prefers Hillary Clinton.

I saw some recent footage of him.  He really does look bad but I guess so does Hillary and Sanders doesn't look all that good.  Nothing but a bunch of old white folks going on over there on the Dems side.