Author Topic: Chinese Police Arrest 12 Suspects In Tianjin Blasts, State Media Reports  (Read 287 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
SHANGHAI, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Chinese police have arrested 12 people suspected of involvement in this month's massive explosions in the city of Tianjin that killed 139 people and devastated the port area, the state-run Xinhua news agency said on Thursday.

Among those arrested were the chairman, vice-chairman and three deputy general managers of the logistics company that had been storing the chemicals that blew up, the agency said, quoting police. It did not say who the rest were.

The news comes a day after China sacked the head of its work safety regulator for suspected corruption. (Reporting by John Ruwitch; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tianjin-explosions-suspects-arrested_55de6671e4b0e7117ba8d6d3
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
So, was it improper safety procedures that caused the explosions? 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline famousdayandyear

So, was it improper safety procedures that caused the explosions? 

Gee, when I saw the videos, I would have sworn some sabotage or other dern mischief was going on.  So those mean ole managers did that?  Maybe chemicals explode by self.  Hoo noes.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Gee, when I saw the videos, I would have sworn some sabotage or other dern mischief was going on.  So those mean ole managers did that?  Maybe chemicals explode by self.  Hoo noes.

They were the kind of chemicals that you don't want to mix together - or they go BOOM!  Plus, I think I read that they initially tried to put the fire out with water - with disastrous effect. 

There would have to be gross negligence for this to happen - or it was done on purpose.  Sounds like the Chinese are blaming the safety guys.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
It's China. It will be "improper safety procedures" whether it was caused by an accident, disgruntled former employee, terrorists, or a meteor strike.

The bamboo curtain is still up and indeed growing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink