Author Topic: Caitlyn Jenner Halloween Costume Sparks Internet Outrage: ‘Disgraceful,’ ‘Transphobic’  (Read 778 times)

Offline Paladin

I think it's lovely. I can't understand why people are upset.

"Halloween costume depicting former Olympian and reality TV personality Caitlyn Jenner has sparked outrage on social media, with many people expressing their distaste for the offering.

A unisex costume being offered by Anytime Costumes recreates Jenner’s look when she debuted as a woman on the cover of Vanity Fair in June, complete with shorts, a padded top, a wig, and a sash that reads, “Call Me Caitlyn.”

Twitter blew with expressions of anger about the costume, with some calling it “disgraceful,” “hurtful,” and “transphobic.”

Read some of the reactions [at link].

http://www.thewrap.com/caitlyn-jenner-halloween-costume-sparks-internet-outrage-disgraceful-transphobic/

I'm giving some thought to dressing like this when I go Trick or Treating this year. I must ask though: will my full beard add or detract from the effect?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm giving some thought to dressing like this when I go Trick or Treating this year. I must ask though: will my full beard add or detract from the effect?

You'd have to ask the Worm that. He'd know better.  :whistle:

Though as far as the costume goes, what does anyone expect? It's tacky. Most costumes for adults are tacky. It's traditional.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Paladin

Tacky, EC? I find your aesthetic evaluation to be quite lacking. That outfit transcends mere costume to ethereal work of art.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
"Transphobic"

Hey, the next big ostracizing word!
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Charlespg

Should say I am a freak :silly:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

bkepley

Online mountaineer

I think it's funny. Bruce Jenner has mental issues and deserves some pity, perhaps, but the whole slinky, sexy costume thing is laughable.

Interesting how he still wears his "man clothes" on the golf course, though.

He should check out Liz Golf - they have some nice ensembles for the lady who loves the links.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:44:27 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
He's (she's, if we are to indulge) already on record saying (s)he can take the jokes. So perhaps the hysterical types ought to chill out.

Oh, who am I kidding? Them? Chill out? They have an agenda to push!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

Oh for the love of Pete!!!!!!  Jenner started all this because he went public with his trans ordeal. 

Offline musiclady

Oh for the love of Pete!!!!!!  Jenner started all this because he went public with his trans ordeal.

And he did it because he needed to be the center of attention.

He should be loving this.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.