Author Topic: Ferguson’s GOP mayor to Trump: You’re wrong — there are no ‘roving bands of illegal immigrants’ here  (Read 329 times)

bkepley

Wesley Lowery
WP

The mayor of Ferguson, Mo. said Wednesday morning that Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump is wrong when he says that city, which became a symbol of racial unrest after the police shooting of Michael Brown last year, is besieged by criminal illegal immigrants.

"He's never been here, as far as I know," said James Knowles, a Republican who has been mayor of Ferguson since 2011, during an interview with Fox2 in St. Louis.

James Knowles has never seen any roving violent gangs of illegal immigrants himself in #Ferguson. pic.twitter.com/a5BpSfVT4B

— TC (@tchop_stl) August 26, 2015

Trump, during a campaign stop in Iowa on Tuesday, repeated a line he has used before when discussing illegal immigration, in which he claims Ferguson, a 21,000-person, majority black city, is plagued by gangs of violent illegal immigrants.
But Knowles, who successfully weathered calls for his resignation after Michael Brown's death last August, said that Trump's suggestion that Ferguson -- a St. Louis suburb with little violent crime and a statistically insignificant immigrant population -- has a problem with crime committed by illegal immigrants is off-base.

“I’m assuming that Donald Trump is saying that from his extensive experience in St. Louis and in Ferguson," Knowles said, sarcastically. "I’ve never seen any roving bands of illegal immigrants or gangs in Ferguson.  I think he’s just trying to find headlines and we just gave him one.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/26/fergusons-gop-mayor-to-trump-youre-wrong-there-are-no-roving-bands-of-illegal-immigrants-here/

Trump is a moron. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump is a moron.
That does not disqualify him from being President or diminish him in anyway in the eyes of the Trumpkins.