Author Topic: Biden holds meeting with Elizabeth Warren in DC  (Read 1747 times)

Offline flowers

Biden holds meeting with Elizabeth Warren in DC
« on: August 22, 2015, 06:15:04 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/251725-biden-makes-unscheduled-trip-to-dc-for-private-political

Vice President Joe Biden made a surprise visit to Washington, D.C.’s Naval Observatory on Saturday for a confidential talk with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), CNN reported.

Biden’s return to the District comes amid buzz he is seriously weighing a 2016 Oval Office bid.

CNN said that two sources confirmed the pair’s face-to-face, the biggest indicator yet that Biden is seriously tempted by an Oval Office bid next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
“The vice president traveled last minute to Washington, D.C. for a private meeting and will be returning to Delaware,” an aide told CNN. Biden spokeswoman Kendra Barkoff declined further comment on the alleged rendezvous.

CNN initially reported Saturday that Biden arrived in Washington around 11 a.m. and had planned on returning home to Wilmington, Del., later in the weekend.

Warren, a beloved figure in progressive circles, has resisted calls to mount her own presidential candidacy. She reportedly told WBZ radio in Boston on Friday that she considers the 2016 Democratic primary up for grabs.

“I don’t think anyone has been anointed,” said Warren, who has not yet endorsed a candidate.

Hillary Clinton, the heavy favorite for the party’s nomination, is currently grappling with sinking poll

Ruh roh......team clinton about to be kicked to the curb?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden holds meeting with Elizabeth Warren in DC
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 01:46:47 am »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 02:08:45 am »
I think Clinton's days are numbered and I have little doubt now that Warren will run. Warren has been my fear.  She represents the anti-establishment of the left and the liberal progressives love her.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 03:48:33 pm »
I think Clinton's days are numbered and I have little doubt now that Warren will run. Warren has been my fear.  She represents the anti-establishment of the left and the liberal progressives love her.
Warren will be trouble if she runs. She is perfect for the left.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 11:23:10 pm »
A little while back, I compared this election to the democratic contest of 1968:
- o'er-the-Hillary playing the part of Lyndon Johnson
- Bernie Sanders playing Gene McCarthy, and
- Joe Biden playing Hubert Humphrey.

What I didn't consider was that Warren could jump in, as did Bobby Kennedy late in the primaries...

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 11:36:54 pm »

There may be liberal RINOs who love her, too.

Remember:  You didn't build that!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 11:38:38 pm »
A little while back, I compared this election to the democratic contest of 1968:

What I didn't consider was that Warren could jump in, as did Bobby Kennedy late in the primaries...

The DEMS created a position for Senator Warren in 2014 as a strategic policy advisor. They've been grooming her.  I believe she was being groomed for the presidency but she declined as she felt she couldn't defeat Hillary or maybe just didn't want to run against her.  Looks like the door is going to close on Hillary and Warren is going to be needed a little bit sooner than anticipated.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 11:44:16 pm »
The DEMS created a position for Senator Warren in 2014 as a strategic policy advisor. They've been grooming her.  I believe she was being groomed for the presidency but she declined as she felt she couldn't defeat Hillary or maybe just didn't want to run against her.  Looks like the door is going to close on Hillary and Warren is going to be needed a little bit sooner than anticipated.

Plus, she can play that fake American Indian card like she did at her beloved Haavard University.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 11:46:45 pm »
So, what exactly will Biden \and Warren have to talk about I wonder/

bkepley

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 11:51:31 pm »
There may be liberal RINOs who love her, too.

Remember:  You didn't build that!

Give me a break.  It is the right wing of the GOP that loves her and Bernie.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 12:11:06 am »

There aren't too many members of the GOP that I would consider conservative or "right  wing" and somehow I just don't think they feel the love for Bernie or Wig Wam.   :silly:

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 12:17:03 am »

Insane comments like this prove you are a shill for Hillary and/or Bush.  No other explanation, since you probaby have no other paying job.  You and your shilling cabal should just move on and pretend to be conservatives on another website.  Try Ace of Spades.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 12:52:05 am »
"Give me a break.  It is the right wing of the GOP that loves her and Bernie."

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 08:13:08 pm »
:wtf:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

bkepley

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 08:27:21 pm »
There aren't too many members of the GOP that I would consider conservative or "right  wing" and somehow I just don't think they feel the love for Bernie or Wig Wam.   :silly:

1) My response was to this: There may be liberal RINOs who love her, too.

2) The right today sounds more like Warren and Bernie than like Reagan.  They have long since jettisoned free market economics.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:27:53 pm by bkepley »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 08:38:43 pm »
Insane comments like this prove you are a shill for Hillary and/or Bush.  No other explanation, since you probaby have no other paying job.  You and your shilling cabal should just move on and pretend to be conservatives on another website.  Try Ace of Spades.

Where can I sign up to be a paid shill?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 08:43:32 pm »

I saw Gene McCarthy speak in 1968 at the Huntington Beach pier. (unable to vote, not yet 21)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 06:25:08 pm »
Cnn said he won't tell us the decision until October.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 06:33:16 pm »
Cnn said he won't tell us the decision until October.
Leaving Hillary to "twist slowly in the wind."

I think the dems want all their bases covered. If events take her out, so be it. Obama doesn't want to overtly take her out.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln