Author Topic: Donald Trump Resumes Attack on Megyn Kelly as She Returns to TV  (Read 16789 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Donald Trump Resumes Attack on Megyn Kelly as She Returns to TV
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2015, 05:43:21 pm »
Kind of a difference when your presidential candidate is calling people ugly, pig, slob, disgusting animal and so on and a female media personality trying to look sexy for a magazine shot but I guess it's hopeless getting you to admit it.

I never excused Trump for his treatment of women who attack him in the media.

My point is that before you decide to take it upon yourself to ask somebody a question about boorish public behavior toward women, make sure all your own closets are in order.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

bkepley

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2015, 05:54:28 pm »
I never excused Trump for his treatment of women who attack him in the media.

My point is that before you decide to take it upon yourself to ask somebody a question about boorish public behavior toward women, make sure all your own closets are in order.

I don't think so...not when it is the potential president you are talking about.  MK is not running for president.

bkepley

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2015, 05:55:52 pm »

" class="bbc_img

Why not, it has about as much relevance.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2015, 06:05:31 pm »
I don't think so...not when it is the potential president you are talking about.  MK is not running for president.

She's not running for president - Trump is, and the people will decide about him with their votes.  The issue with the photograph was to point out the hypocrisy in Ms. Kelly's pontificating about Trump speaking of women as sex objects and because of that he was a part of the "War on Women" - all the while, she is posing for photographs depicting herself as a sex object. 

When it is pointed out that she went on Howard Stern and spoke of intimate details about her and her husband - someone then went on to say that Trump went on Howard Stern too.

So, which is it?

Megyn Kelly is as bad as Donald Trump?  Or Donald Trump is as bad as Megyn Kelly? 

Nope, she's not running for president, but she is a hypocrite.  Trump is running, and it is up to the American public to decide how that will go.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

bkepley

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2015, 06:11:31 pm »
She's not running for president - Trump is, and the people will decide about him with their votes.  The issue with the photograph was to point out the hypocrisy in Ms. Kelly's pontificating about Trump speaking of women as sex objects and because of that he was a part of the "War on Women" - all the while, she is posing for photographs depicting herself as a sex object. 

When it is pointed out that she went on Howard Stern and spoke of intimate details about her and her husband - someone then went on to say that Trump went on Howard Stern too.

So, which is it?

Megyn Kelly is as bad as Donald Trump?  Or Donald Trump is as bad as Megyn Kelly? 

Nope, she's not running for president, but she is a hypocrite.  Trump is running, and it is up to the American public to decide how that will go.

Look she is a hypocrite, so what, she damned sure should ask him about his disgusting behavior since he wants to be president, simple as that.
Furthermore he should stop trying to intimidate those who would question him. :chairbang:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2015, 06:18:56 pm »
Look she is a hypocrite, so what, she damned sure should ask him about his disgusting behavior since he wants to be president, simple as that.
Furthermore he should stop trying to intimidate those who would question him. :chairbang:

That's just Trump being Trump.  What do you expect?   @@@girlfight

bkepley

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 06:21:38 pm »
That's just Trump being Trump.  What do you expect?   @@@girlfight

I don't think anyone should get a free pass who wants to be president of the US.  You can argue that standards have changed or something but I think it's obvious a great many Americans would disagree.

Offline Relic

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 06:31:20 pm »
I don't think anyone should get a free pass who wants to be president of the US.  You can argue that standards have changed or something but I think it's obvious a great many Americans would disagree.

Translation:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! *sniff* *sniff* *snivel* *snivel*  8888crybaby

Trump is going to undo ALL of the good work of the GOP!!!"   :silly:

Mark Steyn is hosting for Rush, railing about how the GOP can't even defund planned parenthood, (because it's an icky social issue), but when you look at financial conservatism, what do you get? A tax cut that expired in 10 years, and one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Trump wouldn't even get a notice if it weren't for the go along to get along GOP.

bkepley

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2015, 06:38:51 pm »
Translation:

Mark Steyn is hosting for Rush, railing about how the GOP can't even defund planned parenthood, (because it's an icky social issue), but when you look at financial conservatism, what do you get? A tax cut that expired in 10 years, and one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Trump wouldn't even get a notice if it weren't for the go along to get along GOP.

WTF does anything you have said here have to with Trump vs. MK?

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 06:56:56 pm »

I make no such argument. 

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2015, 07:00:12 pm »
Translation:

Donald Trump, the candidate, is the creation of an ineffective and tone-deaf Republican party that cares more about getting re-elected, than listening to the people that vote for them.

Offline Relic

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 07:06:29 pm »
WTF does anything you have said here have to with Trump vs. MK?

Your inability to comprehend is entertaining, and expected.

bkepley

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2015, 07:12:12 pm »
Your inability to comprehend is entertaining, and expected.

Another non-answer of course because you have no good answer.

Offline Relic

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2015, 07:14:17 pm »
Another non-answer of course because you have no good answer.

The tie in is obvious. It's one of those questions that if you have to ask it, there is no answer that will work for you.

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question.

bkepley

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2015, 07:19:23 pm »
The tie in is obvious. It's one of those questions that if you have to ask it, there is no answer that will work for you.

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question.

No I think you just wanted to rant about

That has nothing to do with the Trump MK thing except in the most strained way.

Offline Relic

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2015, 07:43:39 pm »
No I think you just wanted to rant about

That has nothing to do with the Trump MK thing except in the most strained way.

Thanks for quoting. It makes me smile to think of how this tortures those of your ilk.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 07:55:00 pm »
The bottom line for me is that Trump is a boor who should confine his comments to politics and not inane personal attacks.

Stick to the issues, Donnie.

Until you do, and until you prove you are actually not a Democrat who's pretending to be conservative, you will NOT have any support from me.

(I can't believe how easily people get off track in defense of Donald Trump's bad behavior).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

bkepley

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2015, 07:57:30 pm »
(I can't believe how easily people get off track in defense of Donald Trump's bad behavior).

Oh so you're one of those "ilk".  :laugh:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2015, 07:59:41 pm »
Janice Dean
8 hrs ·

First of all, Megyn Kelly is my friend. She is Godmother to my little boy Theodore and part of our family. Megyn is the hardest working mother and strongest woman I have ever met, so if there's anyone that can take the heat from a powerful billionaire that's running for President it's her. However, this behavior from Donald Trump is not acceptable or presidential. More women have to stand up to defend her. The silence is deafening. It needs to stop now.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 08:28:37 pm »
Oh so you're one of those "ilk".  :laugh:

I'm completely my own person, but IMO, focusing on Megyn Kelly is absurd.

For me how she posed is irrelevant to the fact that Donald Trump doesn't respect women.  He's a boor, and as long as he continues to be childish and say mean things about MK, he continues to emphasize that he doesn't have the emotional maturity to be President.

There may be a quarter of primary voters who are on his bandwagon just because he's a loudmouth, but he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell to win the general election with the emotional age of 13.

(Obama did it because he was a leftist and had the media behind him.  A pseudo or semi conservative teenager won't win).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:29:00 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2015, 08:30:43 pm »
Janice Dean
8 hrs ·

First of all, Megyn Kelly is my friend. She is Godmother to my little boy Theodore and part of our family. Megyn is the hardest working mother and strongest woman I have ever met, so if there's anyone that can take the heat from a powerful billionaire that's running for President it's her. However, this behavior from Donald Trump is not acceptable or presidential. More women have to stand up to defend her. The silence is deafening. It needs to stop now.

Well, MK is most definitely not my friend, but I agree with Janice Dean that more conservative women need to stand up against Trumps lack of respect for women.

After eight years of a jerk in the WH, we sure don't need four more......

bkepley

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2015, 08:56:45 pm »
I wonder what Sean Hannity is going  to do....

Hannity has tweeted that Trump should focus on other things besides MK.  Good luck with that.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2015, 09:01:45 pm »
Megyn is the hardest working mother and strongest woman I have ever met, so if there's anyone that can take the heat from a powerful billionaire that's running for President it's her.

Good... let her do it...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2015, 09:04:37 pm »
I'm not defending Trump or Kelly.  Donald Trump says boorish things - Megyn Kelly is a hypocrite. 

My opinion is that Trump is being the Trump he has always been and Kelly strikes me as a typical feminist that dishes it out, but whines when it comes back to her.  What did she think Trump would do?  Posing for those pictures makes her outrage at men that objectify women almost laughable. 

Come to think of it - they BOTH strike me as opportunists that would do almost ANYTHING to get ahead!   :whistle:

I would also like to say this to - what seems to be a great many people on this forum who spend an inordinate amount of time cutting down Donald Trump:

Get a Life.

He lives rent-free in your heads.

Trump will do his thing and there's nothing you can do to stop that, you only play into his hands when you keep the talk up about him.  To him, it's free publicity and even bad press is good press - to him.  His polling numbers seem to be proof of that.

Talk about him until you are blue in the face.  I don't think you'll sway too many of his supporters.  They like that he is screwing the establishment.  This is a reflection of the fact that many people feel like the establishment has been screwing THEM.  There is palpable anger from a sizable segment that has been complaining for years and has been ignored.  A "gladiator" comes along that sticks it in the establishment's eye - and the people in the amphitheater stand up and cheer. 

Trump probably won't - but he very well could be the GOP candidate.  Time will tell and it will all come out in the end.  Don't stress and obsess about it, all of your actions aren't going to change Donald Trump - or reduce the anger that created him.  The ride has already begun, just sit back and enjoy the irony of it all - you're only going to give yourself ulcers if you don't.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2015, 09:07:12 pm »
Trump will do his thing and there's nothing you can do to stop that, you only play into his hands when you keep the talk up about him.  To him, it's free publicity and even bad press is good press - to him.  His polling numbers seem to be proof of that.

6 years of Bambi has made whimpering apologies the only acceptable response...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan