Author Topic: You Hate It From Barack Obama. But You Love It From Donald Trump.  (Read 11411 times)

Offline evadR

Re: You Hate It From Barack Obama. But You Love It From Donald Trump.
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2015, 07:27:38 pm »
Not only that....the South of the Border types show up on time....sober...and seem very happy to have work.   And they do the job just as well...if not better.
You're exactly right..and they were such a happy little group working together.
How did you know? Where you there watching them?  :)  :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:28:13 pm by evadR² »
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2015, 07:38:22 pm »
You're exactly right..and they were such a happy little group working together.
How did you know? Where you there watching them?  :)  :laugh:

Well, sort of.

DISCLAIMER:   When the unemployment rate was 5 percent during GWB's terms, that was considered FULL EMPLOYMENT.  The true rate is over 15 percent today.  Let's say, I've evolved when Americans go without jobs and illegals take them.

That said.....

I hired a general contractor who was a friend of mine.  He had two work crews of illegal Hispanic workers in the remodeling trades.

Got to know the men....their teenage-children delivered flyers for me at $10. per hour.  This was back in 2002-2005.

I ate dinner at their homes, and am considered a friend today...even though I'm out of the business (retired).

Always had a soft spot in my heart for those Hispanics that came here and refused government welfare.  They had jobs, they had leases, they bought homes, they raised children.

They're just as American as you or me.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2015, 07:40:45 pm »
So, basically, you're for the oppression of pseudo-slavery by allowing people to live a lawless life in America just so people can have cheap lettuce?

They're here because life here is better than any options they have there. They can leave at any time, so the pseudo-slavery thing is just hyperbole.

Back in the '70s American Sugar used to bring in cutters from Haiti for the sugar harvest. The cutters came with their families and were provided with wages, housing, schooling for their kids, clothing, food and medical care (including dental).

They didn't make a lot and the houses weren't something that you and I would find acceptable, but it was better wages than they could get in Haiti and better housing. The other things were icing on the cake.

They went back to Haiti after season and had enough money to support themselves and their family until the next harvest.

Groups of concerned citizens began protesting the "slave-like life" these cutters had, and eventually AS got tired of the bad press. They mechanized the harvest and the cutter never came back.

Thanks to those citizens, the cutters lost things that weren't available to them in Haiti.

Insofar as living a lawless life, I'm all for finding a remedy for that. It's the rest of you guys that want to keep them living that lawless life.

And no one minds expensive lettuce until lettuce gets expensive. Then everyone's pissed.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

bkepley

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2015, 07:43:27 pm »
So, basically, you're for the oppression of pseudo-slavery by allowing people to live a lawless life in America just so people can have cheap lettuce?

So I ask you, who does that sound like Reagan or Sanders?

Offline olde north church

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2015, 07:55:32 pm »
It's a debate that I saw over and over at TOS. I'm in the group that thinks you can't have unrestrained free trade with a partner that fixes their currency, and limits access to their markets. But, they welcomed our manufacturing base.

Well done free traders.

yup
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2015, 07:56:32 pm »
I agree that there are a large number of "republicans' who are blindly, emotionally supporting the SAME THINGS in Donald Trump that they attacked in Barack Obama.

I really thought we were smarter than this......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 08:13:56 pm »
Calling opposition "haters" is what liberals [and Palindrones] do.

:laugh:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 09:02:47 pm »
I agree that there are a large number of "republicans' who are blindly, emotionally supporting the SAME THINGS in Donald Trump that they attacked in Barack Obama.

As has been quite readily shown lately, contemporary "conservatism" portrayed by Republicans in American politics, is less and less intellectually consistent.

The stool sits on very wobbly legs, social, economic and national security.

A lot of rock-solid old line conservatives want little to do with the nativism, for example. The idea of decades whereby the 14th Amendment gave citizenship to people, only to have some today claim that citizenship could be retroactively revoked by executive order, if only we elect Trump.

Our constitution does disallow "Ex Post Facto" laws, so that would be in principle "against the Constitution," in case anybody is left that cares.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2015, 12:13:22 am »
As has been quite readily shown lately, contemporary "conservatism" portrayed by Republicans in American politics, is less and less intellectually consistent.

The stool sits on very wobbly legs, social, economic and national security.

A lot of rock-solid old line conservatives want little to do with the nativism, for example. The idea of decades whereby the 14th Amendment gave citizenship to people, only to have some today claim that citizenship could be retroactively revoked by executive order, if only we elect Trump.

Our constitution does disallow "Ex Post Facto" laws, so that would be in principle "against the Constitution," in case anybody is left that cares.

Well, look at the bright side. We've finally achieved that three party system we've talked about for so many years.

We have the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, and the Angry People a Who Really Hate Anything Mexican Party.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline evadR

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2015, 12:14:15 am »
Well, sort of.

DISCLAIMER:   When the unemployment rate was 5 percent during GWB's terms, that was considered FULL EMPLOYMENT.  The true rate is over 15 percent today.  Let's say, I've evolved when Americans go without jobs and illegals take them.

That said.....

I hired a general contractor who was a friend of mine.  He had two work crews of illegal Hispanic workers in the remodeling trades.

Got to know the men....their teenage-children delivered flyers for me at $10. per hour.  This was back in 2002-2005.

I ate dinner at their homes, and am considered a friend today...even though I'm out of the business (retired).

Always had a soft spot in my heart for those Hispanics that came here and refused government welfare.  They had jobs, they had leases, they bought homes, they raised children.

Couldn't possibly agree more.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2015, 04:10:56 am »

How so?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2015, 01:27:04 pm »
How so?

It is liberals who have always based their 'principles' on emotion.  Conservatives have traditionally been thoughtful, and resisted the cult of personality.

That is no longer true, as it is emotion driving the Trump cult, and not reason.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2015, 01:32:21 pm »
It is liberals who have always based their 'principles' on emotion.  Conservatives have traditionally been thoughtful, and resisted the cult of personality.

That is no longer true, as it is emotion driving the Trump cult, and not reason.

I agree with that and predict that it will pass long before people have to begin casting actual votes.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 01:36:31 pm »
I agree with that and predict that it will pass long before people have to begin casting actual votes.

I want to agree with this, but I think Trump's supporters are highly angry people, and they are dug in.  So I think Trump has solidified his status as one of the three finalists in this competition.  Now it is a fight between 15 people for the other two spots.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2015, 01:37:46 pm »

I pray you're right, Bigun.

Offline Relic

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2015, 01:37:58 pm »
Well, look at the bright side. We've finally achieved that three party system we've talked about for so many years.

We have the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, and the Angry People a Who Really Hate Anything Mexican Party.

No bias there, nope, none.

Luis, the "great thinker" who "adds so much to this site."

That's quite an "addition".

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2015, 02:23:49 pm »
I want to agree with this, but I think Trump's supporters are highly angry people, and they are dug in.  So I think Trump has solidified his status as one of the three finalists in this competition.  Now it is a fight between 15 people for the other two spots.

I find "angry" a bit condescending.  Buchanan and Keyes, angry.  Trump resonates with blue collar people.  The meat and potatoes crowd.  Salt of the earth Americans.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2015, 02:25:21 pm »
I find "angry" a bit condescending.  Buchanan and Keyes, angry.  Trump resonates with blue collar people.  The meat and potatoes crowd.  Salt of the earth Americans.

I'm blue collar.

He doesn't resonate with me.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2015, 02:31:52 pm »
Well, sort of.

That said.....

Legal Americans would like those jobs, too. Unemployment here is high.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2015, 02:37:27 pm »
They're here because life here is better than any options they have there.

Well, lets look at this another way.
They are here because they would not stand up for their country and their children and their future and allowed their religion and criminals turn their country into a crap hole.
If those 11/22 million Hispanics went back to Mexico or where ever and fought to clean up their country, I guarantee they would win and would have a shot at making their version of nirvana.
I am not against anyone because of their heritage so don't go there but I am opposed to what their presence is doing to this country and is the primary excuse for not securing our borders from those that are here for other than honorable intent.

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2015, 02:50:34 pm »
They are here because they would not stand up for their country and their children and their future and allowed their religion and criminals turn their country into a crap hole.
If those 11/22 million Hispanics went back to Mexico or where ever and fought to clean up their country, I guarantee they would win and would have a shot at making their version of nirvana.
I am not against anyone because of their heritage so don't go there but I am opposed to what their presence is doing to this country and is the primary excuse for not securing our borders from those that are here for other than honorable intent.

Huzzah!
They are cowards in their own lands pretending to be heroes in ours.

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2015, 02:53:47 pm »
I'm blue collar.

He doesn't resonate with me.

That's fine but you have different fish to fry.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2015, 02:54:41 pm »

Well said!   :amen:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2015, 02:55:22 pm »
It is liberals who have always based their 'principles' on emotion.  Conservatives have traditionally been thoughtful, and resisted the cult of personality. That is no longer true, as it is emotion driving the Trump cult, and not reason. 

I think you're missing what's going on here.  This is  more an eruption of the fury that's been building over the past eight years rather than a cult of personality.  Remember, the fury has been not only with Obama but also with the behavior of our esteemed political party.  Any other GOP candidate could have ignited this spark, but for whatever reason, no one else did.   

I think the "thoughtful"  principle driving Trump's popularity comes from deep inside the gut and can be expressed in one simple word:   "ENOUGH!!"

But, rest assured the GOP will return to the lofty tradition of "thoughtfulness"---and in November 2016 they will once again bring a knife to a gunfight.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2015, 02:59:08 pm »
I think you're missing what's going on here.  This is  more an eruption of the fury that's been building over the past eight years rather than a cult of personality.  Remember, the fury has been not only with Obama but also with the behavior of our esteemed political party.  Any other GOP candidate could have ignited this spark, but for whatever reason, no one else did.   

I think the "thoughtful"  principle driving Trump's popularity comes from deep inside the gut and can be expressed in one simple word:   "ENOUGH!!"

But, rest assured the GOP will return to the lofty tradition of "thoughtfulness"---and in November 2016 they will once again bring a knife to a gunfight.

Maybe but I don't think so! Trump has let the genie out of the bottle and there is NO getting it back in there!

- J. R. R. Tolkien