Author Topic: GOP Consultant Lays Out New Genius Plan to Take Down Trump: ‘How Brutus Killed Caesar,’ Get Close Then ‘Shiv Him in the Ribs’  (Read 3191 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/22/gop-consultant-lays-out-new-genius-plan-to-take-down-trump-how-brutus-killed-caesar-get-close-then-shiv-him-in-the-ribs/

by Matthew Boyle22 Aug 2015Washington, DC6,159

The geniuses in the Washington, D.C.- centered GOP establishment have a new plan to take down 2016 Republican frontrunner Donald Trump: Infiltrate his inner circle posing as an ally, then use their fabricated support of him to secretly plot to take him down.

But now they all admit: They were wrong, Trump is real, and he has a serious shot at winning this thing.

“Just like Humphrey Bogart said in Casablanca, I was misinformed,” Alex Castellanos, one such consultant, said of Trump in an interview with Bloomberg Politics on Friday. “He’s grown. He started off as the anti-Washington candidate, the angry man’s candidate, now he’s becoming not just an anti-them vote but a pro-him. He’s becoming the Make America Great Again candidate and that gives him room for growth.”

“Anybody who discounts Donald Trump—he’s going to be around through the convention now—I think is making a mistake,” Castellanos added.

From there, the conversation turned to how Castellanos thinks Trump might be taken down—and who might do it. He said:

Well you have two angles to look at that—he’s sitting on a bunch of people down there on the conservative side. He’s sitting on Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)

. I doubt Ben Carson is going to do anything about that, but at some point Ted Cruz is going to wake and figure ‘this race is going to end and I’m never going to catch up.’ Then on the other side, the establishment side, you can wait a little longer. Whether it’s a Carly Fiorina or a Jeb Bush or a Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), don’t stand in front of the tsunami right now and just coalesce—become a better, stronger candidate so you can be in the lead when everyone turns not to Trump but to the anti-Trump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CVDG0hSkLQ

When asked, if he were running strategy for those wanting to take Trump down, how he would do it, he compared the effort to how Brutus murdered Caesar. ” Castellanos said:

The best way to do it is how Brutus killed Caesar. Get real close, snuggle up, and shiv him in the ribs. In other words, hug the message but not the messenger. ‘We understand the frustration in America, we know why you hate Washington. Your country is on the verge of decline, it’s going over a cliff, and nobody’s doing anything about it. We get it. Donald Trump and I agree on that, but let me tell you now what we’re going to do.’ Take his energy, take his heat, and use it to fuel your engine. Turn his heat into your action and be there, you hope, when voters actually get serious about this and say ‘you know what, I agree with him but he’s not a president.’

This is the same Castellanos who just a few days earlier called for a “cleansing” of the Republican Party after what he then expected would be an inevitable collapse of Trump’s campaign. Just a few days later, Castellanos has clearly changed his tune.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Breitbart having a hissy fit over an overblown analogy.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I have faith that The Rump will take himself out.

Offline NavyCanDo

I have faith that The Rump will take himself out.

Trump should have taken himself out with that first debate, and I think any other candidate would have been toast , this year or any other. It's the Electorate that I lost faith in. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Trump should have taken himself out with that first debate, and I think any other candidate would have been toast , this year or any other. It's the Electorate that I lost faith in.
I agree, but I have faith in the electorate still.  It is way too early and I think Trump has peaked at 25%.
Trump is very thin skinned, and the nasty stuff hasn't even come out yet...how soon before Trump starts swearing in his speeches...could be tomorrow.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN7KHWdyrbI

Offline kevindavis007

I think that once candidates like Gilmore, Patacki, and Santorum drop out it should be interesting in where poll numbers go. I don't think the supporters of said candidates will not go to Trump.  You have to realize that the field is so fragmented.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

I agree, but I have faith in the electorate still.  It is way too early and I think Trump has peaked at 25%.
Trump is very thin skinned, and the nasty stuff hasn't even come out yet...how soon before Trump starts swearing in his speeches...could be tomorrow.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN7KHWdyrbI

I saw that some Trump supporters was underwhelmed with his speech on Friday...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline famousdayandyear

I saw that some Trump supporters was underwhelmed with his speech on Friday...

Did you mean "some Trump supporter WAS underwhelmed"  or
Did you mean "some Trump supporters WERE underwhelmed.

I suggest you shill at another forum; your propaganda does not work here,
where like most honest Americans want to clean house in DC.
Really--CLEAN HOUSE.  Including paid political shills.

Offline kevindavis007

Did you mean "some Trump supporter WAS underwhelmed"  or
Did you mean "some Trump supporters WERE underwhelmed.

I suggest you shill at another forum; your propaganda does not work here,
where like most honest Americans want to clean house in DC.
Really--CLEAN HOUSE.  Including paid political shills.

I ain't leaving.

Offline famousdayandyear

I ain't leaving.

Thanks for letting us know you are paid to do this. 
If the mods agree that you are an upstanding contributor, and not a paid troll, congratulations, imposter

PS  You never answered the grammatical issue, which had big implications;
and did you know Stephen Hawking's so called transformative theories have been disproven again and again.  May you chose your heroes more thoughfully.  But perhaps imposter Hawking is an appropriate choice.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I ain't leaving.

Good.

Only a complete moron thinks that not supporting a particular candidate means you are shilling (or botting, or trolling, or ...iting ) for someone else.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Good.

Only a complete moron thinks that not supporting a particular candidate means you are shilling (or botting, or trolling, or ...iting ) for someone else.

Agreed.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:35:03 am by Once-Ler »

Godzilla

If the mods agree that you are an upstanding contributor, and not a paid troll, congratulations, imposter

and did you know Stephen Hawking's so called transformative theories have been disproven again and again.  May you chose your heroes more thoughfully.  But perhaps imposter Hawking is an appropriate choice.

Someone wants an echo chamber...

Offline kevindavis007

Why don't you go back to the TOS...

Offline kevindavis007

Good.

In reality when a candidate gives me a bad feeling, something is not right..

Offline famousdayandyear

Good.

EC

I know you to be a fair-minded person, and I do not believe you understand the background here of my complaint against this member and others.

They do not SUPPORT anyone--only the Trump bashing goes on and on and on day and night until some members have PLEADED with them to stop and present substantive comments.  This has not happened.

My conclusion is that the only reason a rational person would do this for days and weeks and months is for pay.  If you can think of another reason someone would bash from morning to midnight, let me know.

I'm sorry you regard me a "moron"; please do some research here and see for your self what's been going on.

This is a great forum--the people who love it are trying to save it.

Thanks

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
kevin...has been with TBR since almost the beginning..and I will personally vouch for him.....he ain't leaving

edited to say kevin is also a valued member and participant here...he still ain't leaving!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:55:18 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline famousdayandyear

kevin...has been with TBR since almost the beginning..and I will personally vouch for him.....he ain't leaving

Well, what can I say Nancy?  Y'all have know each other since the beginning of time.  Me, I'm just a redneck who was invited to this site by Tracy and have enjoyed being able to speak the truth as I see it here.

Thanks, for that.   So......that's all

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Here is a very interesting report on Trump's campaign from the NYT.  The article suggests that Trump's support is broad-based, and not likely to deteriorate.  I tend to agree.  I don't think trump has yet peaked.  He has solidified his position as a finalist, the only candidate in the field who has done so.  More importantly, he has demonstrated an uncanny ability to control the media coverage, which means whoever else is a finalist will have to do so at least partly on Trump's terms. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/23/us/politics/why-donald-trump-wont-fold-polls-and-people-speak.html?_r=0

I am not a Trump supporter, but I must say the Donald and his continuing saga is one of the most compelling developments I have seen in some 45 years of following politics.  It's right up there with Watergate, Reagan, the Clinton impeachment, and the rise of OPapaDoc.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well, what can I say Nancy?  Y'all have know each other since the beginning of time.  Me, I'm just a redneck who was invited to this site by Tracy and have enjoyed being able to speak the truth as I see it here.

Thanks, for that.   So......that's all

Hate to see you go..that was not my intention..you are more than welcomed to stay.
Support the USO

Offline famousdayandyear

Hate to see you go..that was not my intention..you are more than welcomed to stay.

Nothing says "welcome" like public flogging.
How bout next time, a private "slap in the face".
I believe your PM is still working. 

Thanks for the 'reassurance' I can stay

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
EC

I know you to be a fair-minded person, and I do not believe you understand the background here of my complaint against this member and others.

They do not SUPPORT anyone--only the Trump bashing goes on and on and on day and night until some members have PLEADED with them to stop and present substantive comments.  This has not happened.

My conclusion is that the only reason a rational person would do this for days and weeks and months is for pay.  If you can think of another reason someone would bash from morning to midnight, let me know.

I'm sorry you regard me a "moron"; please do some research here and see for your self what's been going on.

This is a great forum--the people who love it are trying to save it.

Thanks

Fair enough - moron was a tad harsh, but it really reminded me of one of the worst aspects of TOS. And it's something that has been creeping in here more and more recently.

Like him or dislike him, Trump is polarizing as hell and it's showing even here. That makes me sad.

You got hit with a mild lashing out of my frustration - for that I apologize.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 02:20:08 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I think that once candidates like Gilmore, Patacki, and Santorum drop out it should be interesting in where poll numbers go. I don't think the supporters of said candidates will not go to Trump.  You have to realize that the field is so fragmented.
Those "candidates" don't have any supporters to go to Trump or to anybody.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Hey.

For the record, Fred Thompson STILL sucks.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Good.

Yep.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx