Author Topic: Glenn Beck: Trump is not conservative  (Read 975 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Glenn Beck: Trump is not conservative
« on: August 22, 2015, 04:11:48 pm »

Conservative media personality Glenn Beck on Saturday said GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump is a false conservative.

Beck added that Trump’s rhetoric shows that the outspoken billionaire often deviates from conservativism’s traditional principles.

“I don’t think he is,” Beck told host Scott Simon on NPR’s “Weekend Edition Saturday” when asked about Trump’s right-wing credentials.

“I haven’t heard him talk about the Constitution or small government,” Beck said of the New York business mogul.

“It’s hard to say you espouse conservative principles and small-government principles when you are saying that you think [the] Canadian health care system works and is wonderful,” Beck added.

Beck argued that Trump fails his own personal metric for testing a political candidate’s conservative mettle.

“I have a lot of listeners who say I’m wrong on this, but that’s OK,” he said. “But that’s OK, I speak my mind and my opinion is my opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.”

“I look for a man of integrity, humility, who is rooted in the Constitution,” Beck added.

“Because if you root yourself in the Constitution, we can’t go too far left or too far right. We are held by principles we all used to declare we found self-evident.”

Beck’s remarks come as Trump is leading the race for the GOP’s presidential nomination across national polls.

Beck said Trump is resonating with voters who are exhausted with establishment politicians misrepresenting them.

“He is not a politician,” Beck said. “He is saying the populist things right now.”

“I think what’s happening with Bernie Sanders with the left is the same thing that’s happening with Donald Trump,” he added. “They want somebody to say it the way they think it – especially if they say it in a non-politically correct way.”

Beck’s latest take on Trump escalates his ongoing campaign attacking the New York business mogul’s credibility as a Republican.

He previously called Trump a “son of bitch” before panning his performance in the GOP’s first televised debate earlier this month.

“He is the most arrogant candidate next to the candidate called Barack Obama,” Beck said of Trump following the Aug. 6 event on Fox News. “I mean, there’s nobody I’ve seen more arrogant than him.”

The influential radio host also decreed late last month that his program is no longer covering the real estate kingpin’s Oval Office bid.

“I’m sick of it, so we’re moving on,” said co-host Stu Burguiere on July 23. “I just can’t do another show about it.”

Co-host Pat Gray then described the broadcast as “now with 100 percent less Donald Trump talk, other than saying we’re 100 percent Trump-free.”

Trump remains one of the most popular candidates in the crowded 2016 presidential field despite concerns over his lack of political experience.

He drew at least 20,000 people to a rally at Ladd Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala., on Friday night for a raucous campaign rally.

Source: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/251721-glenn-beck-trump-is-not-conservative
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

bkepley

Re: Glenn Beck: Trump is not conservative
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 04:15:19 pm »
Of course he is not conservative but many on the right despise conservatism believing it is weak (one of Trump's favorite words.)

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 04:17:01 pm »
Glen "the end is near" Beck. The REV Al of the RINOGOP. :silly:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 04:22:27 pm »

Never mind that Trump is probably a buddy of Al Sharpton..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

bkepley

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 04:26:40 pm »

Never mind that Trump is probably a buddy of Al Sharpton..

I'm certain he understands Sharpton more than he understands Cruz.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 04:32:26 pm »

I know how much you love taking shots at the dreaded "RINOGOP", but I'd like to point out that Ttumpies are just the mirror image of those SEIU thugs we all love a much.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 04:40:44 pm »

Trump has created an interesting dilemma in conservative circles.

Beck is decidedly anti-Trump and his friend and fellow talk show giant Sean Hannity likes the Trumpster.

I happened to catch Sean yesterday interviewing Beck on his radio show having a debate over their differences.

Now, I happen to like both these guys, but Sean ate his lunch and washed it down with a Becks! Glen was speechless at points as Sean teed him up and belted him 200 yards straight down the fairway!

Anybody else catch the show?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 04:46:30 pm »

Beck is decidedly anti-Trump and his friend and fellow talk show giant Sean Hannity likes the Trumpster.

I happened to catch Sean yesterday interviewing Beck on his radio show having a debate over their differences.

Now, I happen to like both these guys, but Sean ate his lunch and washed it down with a Becks! Glen was speechless at points as Sean teed him up and belted him 200 yards straight down the fairway!

Here's Sean Hannity in 2012:

“It’s simple to me to fix it. I think you control the border first. You create a pathway for those people that are here — you don’t say you’ve got to go home. And that is a position that I’ve evolved on."

“Because, you know what, it’s got to be resolved. The majority of people here, if some people have criminal records you can send them home; but if people are here, law-abiding, participating for years, their kids are born here, you know, first secure the border, pathway to citizenship, done.”

Sean is nothing if not pliable.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

bkepley

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 04:52:01 pm »
Trump and Hannity are forever "evolving".  To tell you the truth Hannity has never impressed me and I really don't know squat about Beck.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 05:02:21 pm »
As I have repeatedly said, contemporary "conservatism" can be just about anything a person can say loud and often enough.

Narrow, but deep and loud. Enough to win a nomination, but most likely too narrow to win a general at the national level.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 05:10:55 pm »

Read the post again. All I said here was that Sean bested Glenn back in debate. Nothing there saying Sean won because Trump is the better candidate or that Glenn was wrong in his opposition to Trump.

Sean simply out-debated Glenn. That was the point. Sean supported his position with greater rhetorical skill than Glenn Beck did. That's all.

Lighten up.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 05:15:28 pm »
Trump and Hannity are forever "evolving".  To tell you the truth Hannity has never impressed me and I really don't know squat about Beck.

In 2010 Hannity was an immigration hawk, rabidly against the Dream Act because it was amnesty.

In 2012 Hannity "evolved", became an immigration dove and embraced the idea of a "pathway to citizenship" (amnesty) for the majority of illegal aliens.

In 2014 Hannity is again an immigration hawk and rabidly anti-amnesty.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:16:45 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 05:19:51 pm »
In 2010 Hannity was an immigration hawk, rabidly against the Dream Act because it was amnesty.

In 2012 Hannity "evolved", became an immigration dove and embraced the idea of a "pathway to citizenship" (amnesty) for the majority of illegal aliens.

In 2014 Hannity is again an immigration hawk and rabidly anti-amnesty.
It is entertainment.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline olde north church

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 05:20:57 pm »
Hey Glenn, send a teddy bear.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 05:24:18 pm »
And Glenn Beck is? Last time I looked in on his show, it was a combination of a Revivalist tent show crossed with a Libertarian love-in.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Longiron

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 05:40:01 pm »

Listen to the same show. Hannity ate his lunch and let him up a little by agreeing that both like Ann Coulter. In real world NONE of us should care what either of these pundits think??? Most pundits will stick up for other pundits becuase they all are making a living off controversey, especially Beck. JMO

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 05:53:46 pm »
It is entertainment.

Exactly.

Sadly most people don't get that.