Author Topic: Take A Look At These Two Comments If You Are Wondering If Donald Trump Is A Conservative  (Read 6237 times)

Offline Carling

Last I looked, 65% of GOP voters, and roughly an equal number of voters in the GE will absolutely not vote for Trump. 

You can't win an election with 35% of the vote.

And ... ?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline olde north church

Last I looked, 65% of GOP voters, and roughly an equal number of voters in the GE will absolutely not vote for Trump. 

You can't win an election with 35% of the vote.

Unless, of course, you pick up percentages of Independents and Democrats, oh and Republicans who couldn't be bothered to get out and vote for GOP-E blandness.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

bkepley

Unless, of course, you pick up percentages of Independents and Democrats, oh and Republicans who couldn't be bothered to get out and vote for GOP-E blandness.

"GOP-E blandness".  That is a rational motivator?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Huh

Sixty-five percent of voters, all voters will not vote for Trump.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Rationality has nothing to do with Trump support.

My derision toward the GOP-E doesn't equal support for Trump.  Think beyond the binary, Luis.  I have faith in you.

bkepley

My derision toward the GOP-E doesn't equal support for Trump.  Think beyond the binary, Luis.  I have faith in you.

Doesn't matter.  "Blandness" is a pathetic political motivator.

Doesn't matter.  "Blandness" is a pathetic political motivator.

"Blandness" is also an empty word used by someone who's brain was fried by a stroke.

bkepley

"Blandness" is also an empty word used by someone who's brain was fried by a stroke.

You need to be kinder to yourself.

You need to be kinder to yourself.

I can't think of the word I'm trying to use.  I know "blandness" means nothing.  The GOP gives reason for anyone to vote for them.  They claim to be an alternative to the Democrats but they are not.

Offline famousdayandyear

1) Trump enters; injects excitement into a Republican base disgusted with GOP leadership.

2) Trump takes the shots, the inuendos, the media crap.  He generates discussion of topics verboten; and spends his OWN money doing it.

3) Meanwhile, the soft spoken Constitutional scholar waits on the sidelines, as Trump paves the way for a Cruz nomination.

4) Why?  Believe it or not, both men LOVE our country.

It's August '15, if there are substantive points to be made, please do so.  If it is merely adolescent name calling, please think about your comment.  This can be a great site if adults engage in solid dialogue.

To me, these four points form a rational basis for supporting Donald Trump as of this date.

bkepley

1) Trump enters; injects excitement into a Republican base disgusted with GOP leadership.

2) Trump takes the shots, the inuendos, the media crap.  He generates discussion of topics verboten; and spends his OWN money doing it.

3) Meanwhile, the soft spoken Constitutional scholar waits on the sidelines, as Trump paves the way for a Cruz nomination.

4) Why?  Believe it or not, both men LOVE our country.

It's August '15, if there are substantive points to be made, please do so.  If it is merely adolescent name calling, please think about your comment.  This can be a great site if adults engage in solid dialogue.

To me, these four points form a rational basis for supporting Donald Trump as of this date.

Tell it to Trump.  Seems like his defenders just love his adolescent insults.  It is "refreshing".

Offline famousdayandyear

Tell it to Trump.  Seems like his defenders just love his adolescent insults.  It is "refreshing".

Please note, my response was not addressed to you in any way.  If I quote you, which I never do, please have at it.

My comments were addressed to the "rationality" of my support.  I made no specific reference to the candidates comments except in a general way in that he injects discussion and energy into a usually timid campaign.

I refer to your own comment as an example of the way normally simple people are energized.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:30:59 am by famousdayandyear »

bkepley

Please note, my response was not addressed to you in any way.  If I quote you, which I never, please have at it.

My comments were addressed to the "rationality" of my support.  I made no specific reference to the candidates comments except in a general way in that he injects discussion and energy.

I refer to your own comment as an example.

That's a nothing-burger if there ever was one.

Offline famousdayandyear

If you can ever break away from the Bush campaign effort, go to your local community college and seek out a course in Logic 101; better yet Communications 101.

That is, if you are of voting age.

Offline Carling

So it's like almost every post from you. 

Offline famousdayandyear

So it's like almost every post from you. 

Prolly taking a break:  "Thinking"

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

I can't think of the word I'm trying to use.  I know "blandness" means nothing.  The GOP gives reason for anyone to vote for them.  They claim to be an alternative to the Democrats but they are not.
Is it time for that famous quote from Dan....???
paging Dan.....
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I used to post here as Gogogodzilla.  But I became so fed up with a past poster (Rapunzel) that I left.  And it's been so long I no longer use the same email or remember my password to the account.

I always picture you with a  purposeful grimace and a terrible sound.

Speaking of billionaires. Who do you trust more. A billionaire politician who can't be bought, or a politician who collects billionaire donations and owes favors?

Trump/Soros 2016

bkepley

Trump/Soros 2016

I'd vote for a Koch.  They are the real thing.  Trump is a Kardashian by comparison.

Offline Carling

The problem with America is Blandness!  Grandmothers playing pinochle are the bane of our existence!