Author Topic: Take A Look At These Two Comments If You Are Wondering If Donald Trump Is A Conservative  (Read 6238 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
888ohnoes

So it's not oh that you support Trump, but that you've adopted his methodology?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

So it's not oh that you support Trump, but that you've adopted his methodology?

No. I just thought it was a little joke. Lighten up a bit. The constant anti-Trumpeting must get tiring, doesn't it?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Now wait a minute.

In your house, you don't justify increases in your debt level by blaming insufficient earnings to cover your expenditures. You have to limit yourself to spending no more than what you earn so you can avoid living in your used Buick.

We ended up with an $18 trillion dollar debt because government spends in excess of their income irrespective of their income. Every time we've raised taxes they've increased spending. As far as government is concerned, raising taxes in order to reduce the debt is kind of like trying to wean a heroin addict off heroin by giving them more heroin.
We live in a country that expects a mansion with a Mazerati in the garage and expects to be able to pay it off on a cashier's salary. It just doesn't work that way. You either downsize your expectations (to extend the analogy, abandon entitlements and other expenditures) or you get a better job (raise taxes). We're rapidly approaching the point where we will have to do both.

A nation cannot survive when the burden of the cost of government is only on half the people and a good chunk of the other half actually profits more from government than they put in.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline olde north church

Sorry raising taxes period is not a Conservative  value .

Neither is expecting Americans to pay the hidden #wetbacktax.  The cost of illegal aliens on the American taxpayer.  The burden of womb to tomb services for those supposedly "living in the shadows".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
No. I just thought it was a little joke. Lighten up a bit. The constant anti-Trumpeting must get tiring, doesn't it?

Really?

You say this to one of the very few Jeb supporters out of the closet in this forum?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Let's look at Ford for example because :baghead: makes such a big deal out of one of their fifty or so plants moving to Mexico. While this plant is a small percent of the product Ford would make outside this country, 40% of the cars they sell are outside this country. They are bringing a LOT of foreign cash back to local factories. They are the last company that should be picked on.

The focus shouldn't be on punishing companies who manufacture outside this country, it should be asking why they feel they have to. What conditions preclude them from manufacturing in the US, and fix that. You don't try to play social and market manipulation through tax penalties. That never works, especially in the interconnected world we live in.

Let's be frank, for a company like Ford, there are times it makes complete sense to make a product outside this country, even when not accounting for government regulatory and taxation factors.
Every major automaker has plants in several countries and regions. The largest future markets are China, India, Brazil, Russia, etc.

And for the types of vehicles to serve those markets, the US automakers have virtually no track record.

The discussion about Ford, completely avoids the union topic. Is Trump going to force Ford to operate a union plant in the US? Will the unions allow Ford to open a new non-union plant in the US?

Low information "conservatives" don't need no stinkin' details.

Born rich, draft-dodging, eminent domain and bankruptcy beneficiary, woos  contemporary "conservatives," with loud and loud only.

For the record, the following have plants in the US: Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Hyundai, Mercedes, BMW, VW, to just name a few. Would Trump send them home? Tax them for daring to attempt doing business here?

Trump's version of over-regulation, over-taxation is merely another angle of Obama over-regulation and over-taxation.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

Really?

You say this to one of the very few Jeb supporters out of the closet in this forum?

Man, what happened to your flirtation with Cruz?

Look, primaries are too unpredictable for me to latch onto one candidate at this time. I'm supporting Trump's right to shake up the GOP. They had it coming. That's all I'm doing with Trump. Doesn't change the fact that I think he's just as capable as any of the establishment stiffs in the GOP field.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Man, what happened to your flirtation with Cruz?

Look, primaries are too unpredictable for me to latch onto one candidate at this time. I'm supporting Trump's right to shake up the GOP. They had it coming. That's all I'm doing with Trump. Doesn't change the fact that I think he's just as capable as any of the establishment stiffs in the GOP field.

"Shaking up the GOP" at a time when the GOP should have had a clear and imminent path to victory is stupid. Do that at mid-terms not during the General election.

Trump's antics may not only cost the GOP the White House, but it could very well cost them Congress as well.

So exactly what was gained if the GOP is shaken while the White House and Congress are controlled by either Clinton or Sanders (or both) and Congress is controlled by the Democrats?

Offline aligncare

"Shaking up the GOP" at a time when the GOP should have had a clear and imminent path to victory is stupid. Do that at mid-terms not during the General election.

Trump's antics may not only cost the GOP the White House, but it could very well cost them Congress as well.

So exactly what was gained if the GOP is shaken while the White House and Congress are controlled by either Clinton or Sanders (or both) and Congress is controlled by the Democrats?

You could also be wrong. Appeared he continued to gain steam through all of the controversy. Could you be wrong about him damaging the GOP?

Offline mrclose

I would like to know how Trump is going to get his tax idea passed through Congress???

He would have a pen and a phone!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
You could also be wrong. Appeared he continued to gain steam through all of the controversy. Could you be wrong about him damaging the GOP?

I could be, but I don't thinks so.

I don't think so because I was right about Obama and Trump is Obama's mirror image.

Offline mrclose

And in your mind .. the majorities that we gave these 'conservatives' in the house and senate did WHAT for us?

They ran on lies and then shat on us and the few true conservatives that stood for what they ran on!
(Cruz, Lee etc.)

So losing congress would hurt us .. how? :shrug:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
And in your mind .. the majorities that we gave these 'conservatives' in the house and senate did WHAT for us?

They ran on lies and then shat on us and the few true conservatives that stood for what they ran on!
(Cruz, Lee etc.)

Hmmmm...

So the solution, in your eyes, is more years of progressive Democrats with unbeatable super majorities in charge.

Is that right?

And what exactly is there about the pro-choice, pro-gun control, pro-single payer healthcare, pro eminent domain, "Bill an Hill! You need to come to my wedding" Trump that screams "conservatism" to you?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I could be, but I don't thinks so.

I don't think so because I was right about Obama and Trump is Obama's mirror image.
Here is where I think some on the political right are on Trump:

--Obama has clearly pushed the limits or power, Executive branch.

--Obama has thrown bipartisanship, historical standards, out the window.

--Trump should do the equivalent. Maximize turnabout, and do the most to offset Obama's damage.

They are willing to take a chance, that he will be in agreement with their "conservative" positions most of the time.

My personal comment is they may be very disappointed if along the way, they learn he doesn't hate homosexuals enough, and/or doesn't disapprove of abortions in cases of rape, enough. There are probably other issues, but those are two I know the far right holds, which are very far from a majority of voters overall.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

(Cruz, Lee etc.)

Btw, having a simple majority doesn't mean jack s#it when you have a sitting president that's sworn to "veto everything" that the GOP puts on the table for him to sign.

The GOP has fifty-four votes in the Senate.

Sixty-three are needed to overcome Obama's veto.

Godzilla

It's becoming increasingly apparent that too many on the right have forgotten (just as the left has) that our government was specifically designed to make it difficult to conduct radical change.

Offline Carling

The GOP is already damaged.  I'm enjoying watching Jeb Bush, the ultimate establishment candidate, sink in the polls.

Trump is basically the U.S. version of Silvio Berlusconi.  It's fascinating to watch people sick of the status quo latch on to Trump.  After 8 years of having a president who is 100% a manufactured phony, Trump is a breath of fresh air.  Candidates who have been conditioned to never speak their mind don't quite know what to do with him, or Fiorina as well.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
It's becoming increasingly apparent that too many on the right have forgotten (just as the left has) that our government was specifically designed to make it difficult to conduct radical change.

Ain't that the truth.

BTW, welcome to GOPBr

Offline aligncare

The GOP is already damaged.  I'm enjoying watching Jeb Bush, the ultimate establishment candidate, sink in the polls.

Trump is basically the U.S. version of Silvio Berlusconi.  It's fascinating to watch people sick of the status quo latch on to Trump.  After 8 years of having a president who is 100% a manufactured phony, Trump is a breath of fresh air.  Candidates who have been conditioned to never speak their mind don't quite know what to do with him, or Fiorina as well.

Agreed. I do love Carly's rhetorical skills. I expect she will fade, though. Not enough support, Donald gets all the attention; but, darn, she is a forthright speaker.

Offline Carling

Btw, having a simple majority doesn't mean jack s#it when you have a sitting president that's sworn to "veto everything" that the GOP puts on the table for him to sign.

The GOP has fifty-four votes in the Senate.

Sixty-three are needed to overcome Obama's veto.

67 are needed to override a veto, not 63.  2/3 of the House, too.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

bkepley

If anyone is a manufactured phony it is Trump more than Obama.  Almost everyone knew from his political record what Obama was.  No one knows what Trump is other than a blustering big mouth and Friend of Bill.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

You're patently wrong. The GOP isn't damaged.

It's damaged only in the eyes of the perpetually discontented on the right end of the polity.

The GOP is stronger than its been in decades.

"Their 54 Senate seats represent the second-best tally for the party since 1928.  Their 247 House seats is the most the party has won since 1928.

At the state level, the GOP’s share of governorships is the ninth-highest since Reconstruction, and the third-highest in the post-war era (1996 and 1998 were higher). The party’s showing in state legislatures is the highest since 1920, the ninth-highest ever, and the third-highest since the end of Reconstruction."

Overall, this gives the Republicans an index score of 33.8.  This is the Republican Party’s best showing in the index since 1928, and marks only the third time that the party has been above 15 in the index since the end of World War II.  You can see the full trend, taken back to 1928, here:"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/05/19/the_gop_is_the_strongest_its_been_in_decades_126633.html

The GOP isn't damaged, but there are a number of people who claim to be Republicans who have yet to realize that they are a minority within one of the two major political parties in. The U.S. and not any sort of majority.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
67 are needed to override a veto, not 63.  2/3 of the House, too.

Thanks for the correction.

I looked it up, but I must have misread it.

Godzilla

Ain't that the truth.

BTW, welcome to GOPBr

I used to post here as Gogogodzilla.  But I became so fed up with a past poster (Rapunzel) that I left.  And it's been so long I no longer use the same email or remember my password to the account.

bkepley

Thanks for the correction.

I looked it up, but I must have misread it.

63 to end a fillibuster maybe?