Author Topic: Cruz Joins Birthright Citizens Brigade  (Read 613 times)

Offline libertybele

Cruz Joins Birthright Citizens Brigade
« on: August 22, 2015, 01:01:20 pm »
Though I have known Cruz to be against "birthright citizenship" in the past, I am glad that this issue has been brought to focus.

Cruz joins the right’s ‘Birthright Citizens’ Brigade’

The number of Republican presidential candidates opposed to birthright citizenship – the 14th Amendment’s constitutional principle that if you’re born in the United States, you’re a citizen of the United States – just keeps growing.

[Sen. Ted Cruz], in an interview on the Michael Medved radio show, made his position clear: “We should end granting automatic birthright citizenship to the children of those who are here illegally.”

The presidential candidate acknowledged that a change in the law would be a heavy lift, saying “I think it is possible, but any constitutional amendment by its nature is difficult to achieve.”

Acknowledging Donald Trump’s role in adding the issue of birthright citizenship to the fight for the Republican nomination, the Texas senator said, “I welcome Donald Trump articulating this view. It is a view I have long held.”

It’s worth clarifying, though that Cruz seems to believe it’s time to amend the Constitution to alter the 14th Amendment’s guarantee, while Trump believes in passing laws that challenge the 14th Amendment in the courts...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/cruz-joins-the-rights-birthright-citizens-brigade

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Cruz Joins Birthright Citizens Brigade
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 01:04:36 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 01:08:32 pm »
Well, there goes Cruz's chances of getting Luis' support.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 01:18:53 pm »
Well, there goes Cruz's chances of getting Luis' support.

Oh darn!  Meanwhile Bush seems to be trailing Trump and in some polls even Cruz!  Obviously I'm crushed.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 01:22:40 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 01:46:16 pm »
By the way, I agree with Trump's not Cruz's approach to ending birthright citizenship. The framers never intended the constitution to confer citizenship on children of illegal aliens. That's a ridiculous notion. If there's going to be any amending done then let the birthright citizenship crowd get an amendment through.

The federal bureaucracy and the courts –as they have so often done– are the culprits that gave us this situation where we are being invaded in slow motion. It is they that have destroyed the intent of the citizenship clause of the 14th amendment giving rise to our current illegal alien predicament.

Ann Coulter made a claim that America has taken in 25% of Mexico's entire population. Is that true?

Found this at skeptics.stackexchange.com:

A record 33.7 million Hispanics of Mexican origin resided in the United States in 2012, according to an analysis of Census Bureau data by Pew Research Center. This estimate includes 11.4 million immigrants born in Mexico and 22.3 million born in the U.S. who self-identified as Hispanics of Mexican origin.

See for yourself as skeptics test the truth of that claim.

Godzilla

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 04:54:57 pm »
By the way, I agree with Trump's not Cruz's approach to ending birthright citizenship. The framers never intended the constitution to confer citizenship on children of illegal aliens. That's a ridiculous notion. If there's going to be any amending done then let the birthright citizenship crowd get an amendment through.

The federal bureaucracy and the courts –as they have so often done– are the culprits that gave us this situation where we are being invaded in slow motion. It is they that have destroyed the intent of the citizenship clause of the 14th amendment giving rise to our current illegal alien predicament.

Ann Coulter made a claim that America has taken in 25% of Mexico's entire population. Is that true?

A record 33.7 million Hispanics of Mexican origin resided in the United States in 2012, according to an analysis of Census Bureau data by Pew Research Center. This estimate includes 11.4 million immigrants born in Mexico and 22.3 million born in the U.S. who self-identified as Hispanics of Mexican origin.

This thread is about illegal immigration and you trot out the combined stats on immigration, both legal and illegal.  Talk about trying to gin up panic an fear with distorted information.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 05:07:46 pm »
Everyone talks about Mexico in regards to anchor babies, but one of the biggest abusers of it is China. In California, there are hotels and hospitals set up just for Chinese 'birth tourism' as people of influence in China come in for the sole purpose of having citizen children. That allows them then to more freely operate in the US not needing business visas and the restrictions that come with that, but can apply for family visas and have less restrictions buying property and businesses.

By the numbers, it isn't as much as Mexico, but by planning and long term goals of those doing it, it is much more concerning.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 05:13:57 pm »

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!   :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 05:23:48 pm »

Won't those be the same courts which would block Trump or anyone else from changing the law without changing the constitution?