Author Topic: Howard Dean: 'No Substance' to Hillary Email Saga  (Read 298 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Howard Dean: 'No Substance' to Hillary Email Saga
« on: August 22, 2015, 02:05:11 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=671286

Newsmax
Howard Dean: 'No Substance' to Hillary Email Saga
Friday, August 21, 2015 04:25 PM

By: Jason Devaney

Howard Dean, a former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, thinks Hillary Clinton's email scandal is largely being fueled by a "media feeding frenzy" — and the story itself has "no substance."

Dean spoke about the Clinton controversy on "MSNBC Live" Friday morning.

"Well, I think part of it is the media feeding frenzy. This is pact journalism at its worst," Dean said when asked why a recent poll showed two-thirds of American voters don't trust Clinton. "I had to experience this when I was running for president. This is what the media does. They go after the front-runner. There's really no substance to this story at all."

Host Craig Melvin pressed the issue with Dean, pointing out that a federal judge this week said Clinton broke the rules and that the FBI needs to continue its investigation into her use of a private email setup while she served as secretary of state.

Reports say Clinton may have exchanged hundreds of emails on the non-government system that contained classified information.

"It's not clear that that's true, actually. All due respect to the federal judge, the federal judge doesn't have any better idea of what's going on here than anybody else. And violating policy is not violating the law," Dean said.

"Look, if the argument is that Hillary Clinton committed treason, then let's have that discussion. This is innuendo. This is nonsense. There was no dishonesty. She did not send any emails marked classified. This is a classic press feeding frenzy. I might add by the right wing. And I think it's disappointing. As I said before, The New York Times ran two stories about this. One about the Clinton Foundation supposedly involved with some kind of Russian uranium mine, that was totally untrue, and then this story saying she was under criminal investigation."

"I think the press has to do a better job of pushing back against a coordinated right wing attack and that's what this is."

The FBI is poring over Clinton's email server, which had been wiped clean before the bureau took possession of it.

Some experts think Clinton will be indicted for passing classified information over her unorthodox email system, which at one point was maintained by a small company in Denver whose office was in a converted loft apartment. Clinton's server was located in a bathroom closet.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34