Author Topic: Fresh wave of violence in El Salvador leaves 125 dead in 72 hours  (Read 319 times)

Offline Paladin

Wow! Makes Chicago look peaceful. These are the kinds of people who can just wander at will into the United States.

"An unprecedented wave of violence has swept across El Salvador this week, leaving at least 125 people dead in one three-day period and government forces struggling to deal with the surge in attacks by Mara street gangs.

Even though the United Nations considers El Salvador one of the most dangerous countries in the world, this is the first time that more than 100 killings have been reported in one 72-hour period in the Central American country’s recent history.

Since the beginning of the year, 42 policemen, 16 military officers and a prosecutor have been killed in this new urban war ignited by the gangs.

Children, pregnant women and elderly people were reportedly among the victims in incidents that took place between Sunday and Tuesday

[snip]

A total of 40 killings took place on Sunday, making it the most violent day of 2015 to that date. But that record was broken the following day when 42 murders were reported and again on Tuesday when there were 43 deaths."

http://elpais.com/elpais/2015/08/21/inenglish/1440148232_099835.html
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline olde north church

Re: Fresh wave of violence in El Salvador leaves 125 dead in 72 hours
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 09:23:22 am »
Maybe we can get a lie, disguised as a platitude from one of the Chamber of Commerce candidates.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline PzLdr

Re: Fresh wave of violence in El Salvador leaves 125 dead in 72 hours
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 05:25:54 pm »
What do they think they are? Baltimore?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee