Author Topic: Ex-CIA Director: Iran's Nuclear Side Deal Like an SNL Skit  (Read 535 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-CIA Director: Iran's Nuclear Side Deal Like an SNL Skit
« on: August 21, 2015, 09:37:44 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=671123

Newsmax
Ex-CIA Director: Iran's Nuclear Side Deal Like an SNL Skit
Thursday, August 20, 2015 08:24 PM

By: Bill Hoffmann

Former CIA Director James Woolsey says a report that Iran will be allowed to use its own inspectors to investigate a site where it may develop nuclear arms is so mind-boggling, it's almost like watching "Saturday Night Live."

"I thought it was a 'Saturday Night Live' skit. I mean not seriously but I couldn't believe it that they would let the Iranians inspect themselves," Woolsey said Thursday on Newsmax TV to J.D. Hayworth, host of "Newsmax Prime."

"What do they have to do? Take a trip to the photo shop on the way to the data exchange so they can get materials just right? It's just kind of amazing that anybody would go for this."

According to a document seen by The Associated Press, Iran's ability to inspect the Parchin nuclear site is part of a secret agreement hammered out with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the United Nations agency that normally carries out such inspections.

The pact is believed to be one of the controversial secret "side agreements" that was made in addition to the provisions in the nuclear limitations deal agreed upon between Iran and the United States and five world powers.

Under the historic deal to scale back Iran's nuclear program, financial sanctions imposed by the U.S., the European Union, and United Nations will be lifted. In return, Iran is agreeing to lengthy curbs on its nuclear program, which many believe aims at building a nuclear bomb.

Asked why the Obama administration would sign off on the Iranians policing themselves, Woolsey told Hayworth:

"Because it wants a deal so desperately it doesn't care what's in the deal and it's perfectly willing to and shown itself willing to knuckle under ...

"I've been in four major negotiations on arms. One as an adviser when I was lieutenant in the Army and two as a presidential delegate and one as ambassador and chief of delegation.

"I have never see the Soviets or their allies or anybody try to pull off something as crazy as this and I've certainly never seen the United States even think about going along with something as crazy as this … It's astounding and it's dangerous."

Woolsey, now chairman of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, added that Iran, once it has nuclear capability, could attack the United States with an electromagnetic pulse.

"You could do this with a detonation, even on a small nuclear weapon in orbit above someplace … say over the United States," Woolsey said.

"And it effectively … destroys the electricity grid and the transformers. That is an extremely terrible situation because we have 18 critical infrastructures in the country: food, water, telecommunications, finance, pharmacies, etc.

"If the grid goes, we're not living in the 1980s pre-web, we're living in the 1880s pre-electricity and very few of us have enough plows, horses and seeds."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34