Author Topic: Police: Invoking Trump, 2 men beat up homeless man because he is an 'illegal immigrant'  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/20/politics/donald-trump-immigration-boston-beating/index.html
(CNN)"Donald Trump was right," the two men said, according to police, as they beat a homeless man with a metal pipe and then urinated on him. "All these illegals need to be deported."

Hours later, Trump responded -- with regret and then some.

While the Republican front-runner had not heard about the particular incident when reporters asked him about before a town hall event Wednesday night, he nonetheless said it would "be a shame." But he didn't stop there, as he quickly went to applaud those who echo his views.

"I will say, the people that are following me are very passionate," Trump said. "They love this country, they want this country to be great again."

The two men, identified by police as Scott Leader, 38, and his brother, Steve Leader, 30, were being held in jail without bond Thursday. Authorities say they were on their way home from a Red Sox game when they came upon the victim sleeping near a train station, according to a police report.

Witnesses told police that the two men beat the victim with a metal pole repeatedly and walked away laughing, according to a press release from the Suffolk County District Attorney's office.

The elder Leader brother, Scott, later told police they attacked him because he was "homeless," "Hispanic," and an "illegal immigrant."

The victim told police that he awoke to the men urinating on him. He was brought to Boston Medical Center to be treated for a broken nose and serious bruising across his ribs, among other injuries, the press release said.

The victim is not undocumented, according to a Social Security number for the man listed in the police report but blacked out for privacy reasons. Social Security numbers are issued to U.S. citizens and authorized workers, according to the Social Security Administration website.

The Leader brothers, facing a number of assault and battery charges as well as gross lewdness, were ordered to be held without bail Wednesday, according to the Suffolk County District Attorney's office. They are expected back in court on Sept. 3.

Calls to their lawyers were not immediately returned Thursday.

The physical attack comes after Trump's divisive immigration proposals have made international headlines in his White House campaign.

Trump has called for a wall to be built along the U.S.-Mexican border, revoking citizenship of babies born in the U.S. to undocumented parents and deporting undocumented immigrants.

"I have to do the right thing," the mogul said in an interview with CNN's Chris Cuomo Wednesday, when asked about his immigration plan being under fire.

I'd like to deport the Leader brothers.

Offline kevindavis007

You mean Trump?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online libertybele

You mean Trump?

Why Trump?  Why blame him?  He DID not allow illegals into the country or encourage them.  He DID not fail to secure our borders. Our members of Congress are to blame and above all else OBAMA has encouraged illegal immigration and brought them in by the busloads.

People do terrible things and indeed this is one of them and I make no claim that their actions in any way are acceptable. What is not acceptable is our government's handling of illegal immigration in the first place. Keep in mind all the crimes committed by illegals against American citizens, our prisons and jails are full of them.  Not saying that this attack on an illegal is justified in any way.  What I am saying is it's time to do something about illegal immigrants in this country.

I guess we should make a move to ban all those damn metal pipes right?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
So, was anyone lucky enough to get any footage of Trump beating on that man?  I mean, this unbiased objective article was pretty clear that it was definitely his fault! Trump being Trump though, he probably just got those brothers to do it for him, I mean, he's a pretty busy guy.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online libertybele

So, was anyone lucky enough to get any footage of Trump beating on that man?  I mean, this unbiased objective article was pretty clear that it was definitely his fault! Trump being Trump though, he probably just got those brothers to do it for him, I mean, he's a pretty busy guy.

I'm sure this is far from over.  This is the moment that the liberal media, LaRaza, Democrats, RINO's, pro-amnesty and anti-American groups have been waiting for.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline alicewonders

I'm sure this is far from over.  This is the moment that the liberal media, LaRaza, Democrats, RINO's, pro-amnesty and anti-American groups have been waiting for.

Yep.  This is the fight that most politicians don't have the nerve to touch.  If he accomplishes nothing else - thank you Donald Trump for bringing the issue to the forefront.  At the first sign of attack on this - most politicians run to face the corner of the room while they are wetting their pants!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
IMO, this entire story is bullsh*t.

Using this reasoning, Farrakan should be immediately arrested and charged with being an accessory to at least a dozen murders and assaults.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

IMO, this entire story is bullsh*t.

Using this reasoning, Farrakan should be immediately arrested and charged with being an accessory to at least a dozen murders and assaults.

Not to mention Obama and Eric Holder. 

bkepley

Here's what Donald Trump said when told about the alleged assault (according to the Boston Globe) at a press conference in New Hampshire: "I haven't heard about that. It would be a shame, but I haven't heard about that." Then the crowd buzzed, and Trump added: "I will say that people who are following me are very passionate. They love this country and they want this country to be great again. They are passionate. I will say that, and everybody here has reported it."

I think it's ridiculous to blame Trump for this but his reaction quoted above is typically brainless.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ The two men, identified by police as Scott Leader, 38, and his brother, Steve Leader, 30, were being held in jail without bond Thursday. ]]

No excuse for what they did, but...

... If the Leader brother perps were illegals in a sanctuary city, they'd probably have been released already!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

[[ The two men, identified by police as Scott Leader, 38, and his brother, Steve Leader, 30, were being held in jail without bond Thursday. ]]

No excuse for what they did, but...

... If the Leader brother perps were illegals in a sanctuary city, they'd probably have been released already!
Fascinating.  Are you just being glib Fishrrman, or do you really believe illegals are given free reign to torment citizens in sanctuary cities?

Offline olde north church

Fascinating.  Are you just being glib Fishrrman, or do you really believe illegals are given free reign to torment citizens in sanctuary cities?

One does not need to open a newspaper to see where the Sun rises.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once-Ler wrote above:
[[ Fascinating.  Are you just being glib Fishrrman, or do you really believe illegals are given free reign to torment citizens in sanctuary cities? ]]

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,178258.0.html