Author Topic: What If Donald Trump Really Is . . . Electable?  (Read 1932 times)

bkepley

What If Donald Trump Really Is . . . Electable?
« on: August 19, 2015, 01:24:00 pm »
Jim Geraghty
NR

What If Donald Trump Really Is . . . Electable?

Do a dance, Donald Trump fans, because the “he’ll lose a general election in a landslide ” argument just took some damage in the CNN poll out this morning:

The poll finds Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton ahead of Trump by just 6 points, a dramatic tightening since July. Trump is the one of three Republican candidates who have been matched against Clinton multiple times in CNN/ORC polling to significantly whittle the gap between himself and the Democratic frontrunner. He trailed Clinton by 16 points in a July poll, and narrowed that gap by boosting his standing among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents (from 67% support in July to 79% now), men (from 46% in July to 53% now) and white voters (from 50% to 55%).

It will be fascinating to see if applying likely voter screens changes these numbers. Usually, Republican candidates do a few points better among a sample of likely voters than overall registered voters. But Donald Trump’s name identification among the general population is so high, his numbers might be the same.

More here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=7.0

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: What If Donald Trump Really Is . . . Electable?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 01:30:19 pm »
Well, it is the same electorate that elected Obama twice.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 01:34:08 pm »
No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 01:40:25 pm »
Sadly, I believe he is. Look what we had the past 8 years, people voted for a nobody with no resume because he threw words around like hope and change and promised free stuff. Now we have another Santa promising stuff. We are in a state now where more people know who Kim Kardashian is than William F. Buckley, Barry Goldwater, and Ayn Rand combined.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 01:50:03 pm »
Sadly, I believe he is. Look what we had the past 8 years, people voted for a nobody with no resume because he threw words around like hope and change and promised free stuff. Now we have another Santa promising stuff. We are in a state now where more people know who Kim Kardashian is than William F. Buckley, Barry Goldwater, and Ayn Rand combined.

Aside from the KK thing, I had to ask who she was.. :)
This is 2015, you guys need to catch up and get out of the 50's/60's.
The world is a whole lot more complicated that Buckley or Goldwater had to deal with.
More countries have more power and are more advanced than ever and the simple "leave me alone" positions will not work.

bkepley

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 01:55:02 pm »
More countries have more power and are more advanced than ever and the simple "leave me alone" positions will not work.

So we go with the unknown, untried Trump then whose policies are evidently thought up on the spot to confront this threat?
Actually I agree with Trump about Russia but I think people are fooling themselves that he would be seen as a projection of power.  Other countries know who and what he is.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:55:33 pm by bkepley »

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 02:37:26 pm »
So we go with the unknown, untried Trump then whose policies are evidently thought up on the spot to confront this threat?
Actually I agree with Trump about Russia but I think people are fooling themselves that he would be seen as a projection of power.  Other countries know who and what he is.

I really hope you stay on tour ANTI TRUMP rants and insults. The more like you the stronger TRUMP gets. Please keep it up !!!! At some point and it is starting to happen here you will be ignored as one who cannot see the forest because of the trees. PLEASE keep up the anti TRUMP BS. It is NOT working. ! :chairbang:

bkepley

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 02:43:36 pm »
I really hope you stay on tour ANTI TRUMP rants and insults. The more like you the stronger TRUMP gets. Please keep it up !!!! At some point and it is starting to happen here you will be ignored as one who cannot see the forest because of the trees. PLEASE keep up the anti TRUMP BS. It is NOT working. ! :chairbang:

What are you ranting about?  I was the one who brought you this good news.  :chairbang:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 03:01:55 pm »
What are you ranting about?  I was the one who brought you this good news.  :chairbang:

Yeah...and with the required tablespoon of sarcasm, too!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

bkepley

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 03:03:55 pm »
Yeah...and with the required tablespoon of sarcasm, too!    :laugh:

Nope...not at all.  I made no comment on it.

Godzilla

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 09:52:11 pm »
Nope...not at all.  I made no comment on it.

Silence is sarcasm, doncha know?

Unless you profess undying fealty, you are a hater... a hater of the glory that is Trump.

Bow and give praise unto him, for he is the one - the one whose love for America will light the way to paradise!

(I'm seeing the same type of Palin-esque love forming for Trump this election cycle.  It's sick that we have so many looking for a 'savior' for President.)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 09:58:29 pm »
Silence is sarcasm, doncha know?

Unless you profess undying fealty, you are a hater... a hater of the glory that is Trump.

Bow and give praise unto him, for he is the one - the one whose love for America will light the way to paradise!

(I'm seeing the same type of Palin-esque love forming for Trump this election cycle.  It's sick that we have so many looking for a 'savior' for President.)

PULLEEZE!  "Silence" my foot!!   :whistle:

90% of his posts the past two weeks are about Trump, and virtually all of them are ...(((drumroll)))....NEGATIVE!

And we're not like TOS, where people aren't allowed to express their honest opinions on certain candidates so quit the drama crap.  Put on your big boy pants.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:27:28 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Godzilla

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 10:05:46 pm »

90% of his posts the past two weeks are about Trump, and virtually all of them are ...(((drumroll)))....NEGATIVE!

And we're not like TOS, where people aren't allowed to express their honest opinions on certain candidates so quick the drama crap.  Put on your big boy pants.

Did I say anything about not being able to post?

I commented on the tone of the writings made by Trump supporters.  IE: Trump can do no wrong; Trump will make us great again; Trump is super-clever, don't believe anything anyone says who doesn't love Trump, for they just are haters...

Remember how Palin could do no wrong?  How Palin would make us great again?  How smart Palin was?  How anyone who said anything about Palin was just a Palin-hater?  (and I'm not limiting it to just this site, I speak of the Republican/conservative voting base)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:16:29 pm by Godzilla »

bkepley

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 10:08:20 pm »

And we're not like TOS, where people aren't allowed to express their honest opinions on certain candidates so quick the drama crap.  Put on your big boy pants.

You guys whine way too much but so does Trump.