Author Topic: Voters Want to Build A Wall, Deport Felon Illegal Immigrants (Rasmussen)  (Read 2392 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/immigration/august_2015/voters_want_to_build_a_wall_deport_felon_illegal_immigrants

Voters Want to Build A Wall, Deport Felon Illegal Immigrants
Wednesday, August 19, 2015

As far as voters are concerned – and not just Republicans -  Donald Trump has a winning formula for fighting illegal immigration.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 70% of Likely Republican Voters agree with the GOP presidential hopeful that the United States should build a wall along the Mexican border to help stop illegal immigration. Seventeen percent (17%) of GOP voters disagree, while 13% are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Ninety-two percent (92%) of Republicans agree that the United States should deport all illegal immigrants who have been convicted of a felony in this country. Only four percent (4%) disagree.

Among all likely voters, 51% favor building a wall on the border; 37% disagree, and 12% are not sure. Eighty percent (80%) support the deportation of all illegal immigrants convicted of a felony; only 11% are opposed.

Trump made both proposals in a policy paper he released this past weekend that calls for getting tough on illegal immigration. He cites a Rasmussen Reports survey to back up his proposal to end automatic citizenship for children born to illegal immigrants in this country. Fifty-four percent (54%) of voters disagree with the current federal policy that says a child born to an illegal immigrant here is automatically a U.S. citizen.

Just 34% favor President Obama’s plan to protect up to five million illegal immigrants from deportation.   Most voters continue to think instead that the United States is not aggressive enough in deporting those who are here illegally.

The survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted on August 17-18, 2015 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

Gallup released a new survey last week with the headline, “In U.S., 65% Favor Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants.”  But the actual question shows that 65% of Americans favor a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants “if they meet certain requirements over time.” Unspecified in the question is what those requirements are and the length of time in question.

Rasmussen Reports has found consistently for years that most voters want the border with Mexico secured to prevent further illegal immigration before there is any talk of amnesty. In May, 63% said gaining control of the border is more important than legalizing the status of undocumented workers already living in the United States, the highest level of support for border control since December 2011.

Men and those 40 and over are stronger supporters of building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border than women and younger voters are. But the groups are much closer to agreement when it comes to deporting illegal immigrants convicted of felonies in this country.

Sizable majorities in nearly all demographic categories favor deporting illegal immigrants convicted here of felony crimes.

But Democrats are less enthusiastic about such a policy than Republicans and voters not affiliated with either major party are. Only 30% of Democrats favor building a wall, compared to 57% of unaffiliated voters.

Whites voters are much stronger supporters of a wall on the southern U.S. border than black and other minority voters are.

Ninety-four percent (94%) of all voters who favor building a wall also support deportation of illegal immigrants convicted of a felony in this country. But even 65% of those who oppose a wall agree with such a policy.

Trump took a lot of criticism last month from Democrats and other Republican presidential hopefuls over his candid remarks about the criminality of many illegal immigrants, but most voters agree with Trump that illegal immigration increases serious crime in this country.

The reaction to his comments also increased media coverage of the murder of a young woman in San Francisco by an illegal immigrant from Mexico who said he came to that city because it does not enforce immigration laws. Most voters now want to get tough on so-called “sanctuary cities” that refuse to enforce these laws.

We noted in a commentary last month how the media spins the illegal immigration issue, comparing its coverage of Trump’s positions with those taken by leading Democratic contender Hillary Clinton.

Trump continues to lead the pack of Republican presidential candidates, but his support fell following the first GOP debate.  It will be interesting to see if his aggressive proposals for dealing with illegal immigration help or hurt him in the overall Republican race.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
In before the GOP-B'ers who have put up previous posts about how "Americans want a pathway to legalization", etc.

I sense that most white Americans (and I make no bones about the word "white") don't really want that at all.

Trump has the winning issue for this election.
He was out there first, and he continues to refine his message.
His enlistment of Senator Sessions as an advisor demonstrates that he's both serious on this issue, and WISE in his choice of individuals to help shape and promote his message.
(Aside: will Mr. Trump have the wisdom to choose others of similar quality in a future administration?)

Mr. Trump has tapped into a wellspring of resentment among Euro-Americans that the democrats, the media AND the GOP-e have been trying to hide for more than a decade.
It will remain hidden no longer.

Aligncare called it yesterday:
Trump is now the favorite to win the nomination.
I suggest readers of this forum browse the headlines on Drudge today, as well.
The numbers are shifting towards Trump nationally.
And they are shifting quite rapidly.

Mr. Trump may "trip himself up" yet, that remains to be seen.

But the situation is changing...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 03:54:48 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Ruh Roh. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

In before the GOP-B'ers who have put up previous posts about how "Americans want a pathway to legalization", etc.

I sense that most white Americans (and I make no bones about the word "white") don't really want that at all.

Trump has the winning issue for this election.
He was out there first, and he continues to refine his message.
His enlistment of Senator Sessions as an advisor demonstrates that he's both serious on this issue, and WISE in his choice of individuals to help shape and promote his message.
(Aside: will Mr. Trump have the wisdom to choose others of similar quality in a future administration?)

Mr. Trump has tapped into a wellspring of resentment among Euro-Americans that the democrats, the media AND the GOP-e have been trying to hide for more than a decade.
It will remain hidden no longer.

Aligncare called it yesterday:
Trump is now the favorite to win the nomination.
I suggest readers of this forum browse the headlines on Drudge today, as well.
The numbers are shifting towards Trump nationally.
And they are shifting quite rapidly.

Mr. Trump may "trip himself up" yet, that remains to be seen.

But the situation is changing...

He may have found the "Reagan Democrats" and "Legal Hispanics" and "Working Blacks".  It could put him in the White House.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

He may have found the "Reagan Democrats" and "Legal Hispanics" and "Working Blacks".  It could put him in the White House.

Assuming Trump is real, he would still have to deal with the globalists and (like Reagan) hope he doesn't end up in the hospital (or worse)...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Voters wanting a wall built, deporting felons and enforcing existing laws is nothing new.  Trump was able to bring it into focus because he isn't part of the Washington establishment.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Voters wanting a wall built, deporting felons and enforcing existing laws is nothing new.  Trump was able to bring it into focus because he isn't part of the Washington establishment.
…because he's a ridiculously rich media personality with a big mouth known for saying outrageous things and grabbing attention from every corner.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Right_in_Virginia

…because he's a ridiculously rich media personality with a big mouth known for saying outrageous things and grabbing attention from every corner.

Do you dislike what he proposes or just that he's rich and famous?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:10:41 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Do you dislike what he proposes or just that he's rich and famous?
I hate that the media gives him attention solely because he's rich, famous and one of them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

What the country needs now is another candidate from the government functionary wing of the GOP.

Like we haven't had enough tries with that formula: Ford, Dole, McCain, Romney. (All folks I either voted for, or for whom I supported before I gained the right to vote)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:01:40 pm by aligncare »

Godzilla

Re: Voters Want to Build A Wall, Deport Felon Illegal Immigrants (Rasmussen)
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 12:50:32 am »
I'd point out that the Great Wall of China didn't do squat, other than cost a fortune and get a ton of workers killed in the process.

---

Had China spent the money on their military instead, they'd never have needed their wall in the first place.  (and Mongolia and Siberia would be Chinese territory today)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 03:11:49 am »
Men and those 40 and over are stronger supporters of building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border than women and younger voters are.

Better build that wall soon.  Time is running out.

I don't want a wall around the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.  But I don't care at this point.  Build a wall if we must.  Much of it is completed except in the most inaccessible areas. but keep in mind that some illegals might go home and build lives in South America and Mexico if not for the fact they might never be able to return.

I'm also fine with deporting felons, as are all the GOP candidates.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 09:54:31 am »
I'd point out that the Great Wall of China didn't do squat, other than cost a fortune and get a ton of workers killed in the process.

---

Had China spent the money on their military instead, they'd never have needed their wall in the first place.  (and Mongolia and Siberia would be Chinese territory today)

And I'd like to point out that TODAY 30 countries have either built, currently have under construction, or have proposed building a physical barrier as an anti-illegal immigration defense.

Hungary is the latest country to build a 4 metre-high fence along 110-mile border with Serbia ...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 12:23:14 pm »
As the old saying goes "Build A Wall and Deport them All".   :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 01:21:22 am »
As the old saying goes "Build A Wall and Deport them All".   :patriot:

I prefer the saying in it's original language.  Eine Mauer bauen und Verbannen sie alle.