Author Topic: Introducing Donald Trump, Diplomat  (Read 416 times)

bkepley

Introducing Donald Trump, Diplomat
« on: August 19, 2015, 08:57:34 pm »
Maureen Dowd
NYT
I’m sitting in his office in Trump Tower high above Fifth Avenue, next to a wall plastered with framed magazine covers giving the effect of an infinity mirror, his face endlessly multiplying — including an old Playboy with the real estate mogul slyly smiling next to a comely bunny.

“I could put up 40 of those walls,” he says. “I have covers in warehouses. It’s crazy.”

I’m trying to tell the freshly minted pol that Megyn Kelly had the right to ask him a question in the debate on how he talks about women, and that she should be tough on the front-runner.

He’s not buying it. In fact, in his stubborn “I win, you lose” way, he has an assistant come over to hand me a printout of Gabriel Sherman’s New York magazine piece headlined “How Roger Ailes Picked Trump, and Fox News’ Audience, Over Megyn Kelly.”
He says it’s real, noting: “I was with Carl Icahn yesterday and I said, ‘Carl, if I get this thing you are going to represent me on China. Maybe I’ll even give you China and Japan.’ You know, the money they are ripping from us.”

He is trying to be a bit more low key. He says he thought it would be “cool” not to put his name on some of his “Make America Great Again” caps. But it’s hard to imagine Trump implementing impulse control.
More here: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/opinion/sunday/introducing-donald-trump-diplomat.html?_r=0

bkepley

Re: Introducing Donald Trump, Diplomat
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 11:41:40 pm »
In computer programming there is a method of development called "coding by the seat of your pants".  It means no up front design, the guy is handed a project and just starts encoding the solution.  No serious engineering department today will allow this because it has been proven to result in more defects, delays and possibly complete failures of a project and even if it succeeds it is hell to pay for future versions, often a complete re-write to fix the problems of bad design methods.  I am certain that Donald Trump will be coding by the seat of his pants.  I am certain that he is incapable of doing anything else.

bkepley

Re: Introducing Donald Trump, Diplomat
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 12:25:06 am »
ping..just once more