Author Topic: ISIS Said to Behead Syrian Antiquities Scholar in Palmyra  (Read 917 times)

bkepley

ISIS Said to Behead Syrian Antiquities Scholar in Palmyra
« on: August 19, 2015, 01:18:47 pm »
AP

DAMASCUS, Syria — Islamic State militants beheaded one of Syria’s most prominent antiquities scholars in the ancient town of Palmyra and then hung his body from one of its Roman columns, Syrian state news media and an activist group said on Wednesday.

More here: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/20/world/middleeast/isis-palmyra-syria-antiquities-scholar-beheaded.html?_r=0

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: ISIS Said to Behead Syrian Antiquities Scholar in Palmyra
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 01:57:59 pm »
I wish we had leadership, here and the rest of the world, that would wipe ISIS off of the face of the earth.  I believe we could do it if we wanted to. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 02:02:39 pm »
I wish we had leadership, here and the rest of the world, that would wipe ISIS off of the face of the earth.  I believe we could do it if we wanted to.

Of course we could but what then?  Back in the bad old days Great Britain have crushed Isis and put in place a pro-western puppet and improved the lives of all the people to the best of their ability.  But those were the bad old days.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 02:18:19 pm »
Of course we could but what then?  Back in the bad old days Great Britain have crushed Isis and put in place a pro-western puppet and improved the lives of all the people to the best of their ability.  But those were the bad old days.

You crush ISIS for the sake of humanity, and to set an example to anyone that is contemplating copying them to take their place.  Like we did with the Nazis.  As far as what do you do after that?  That's very complicated - and everytime we try OUR solutions in the Middle East - we muck it up even worse.  Maybe we should just exterminate the ISIS infestation and then let them figure it out for themselves.

Frankly, I'm sick to death of them. 

ISIS is a scourge on the whole earth and will spread if we don't stop them - that's the reason they should be wiped out.  The politics?  That's a real fustercluck, we need to get the hell out of that.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 02:39:55 pm »
Only ONE person addressed how he would handle ISIS. Guess who that might be? But RINOGOP do not like his TONE but the beheading is ok?? :patriot:

bkepley

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 02:45:15 pm »
Only ONE person addressed how he would handle ISIS. Guess who that might be? But RINOGOP do not like his TONE but the beheading is ok?? :patriot:

Problem is he addressed it in three or four different ways.  I suspect with him the last thing he says might be the plan so if he's elected we better hope the last thing he said is a good plan.