Author Topic: Clinton pulls plug on testy presser over server questions  (Read 1088 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Clinton pulls plug on testy presser over server questions
« on: August 18, 2015, 11:39:05 pm »
Clinton pulls plug on testy presser over server questions

By Ben Kamisar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2OJwsit0WY

Hillary Clinton dismissed the controversy surrounding her private email server and defended her conduct as legal during a press conference in Las Vegas.

A visibly aggravated Clinton repeatedly insisted that she had done nothing wrong, and seemed frustrated at questions about the issue.

"What I did was legally permitted, number one, first and foremost," she said Tuesday.

"We turned everything that was work related, every single thing. “

She added that in "retrospect" it had not turned out to be convenient to have the private server during her years as secretary of State.

"I regret that this has become a cause celebre. But that does not change the facts and no matter what anybody tries to say, the facts are stubborn," she said.

"I know there is a certain level of anxiety or interest in this, but the facts are the facts."

Asked if the server, which has been turned over to the Department of Justice, had been wiped clean, Clinton initially shurgged and later joked: "Like with a cloth or something?”

"I don't know how it works digitally at all," she added.

Her comments came hours after NBC News reported that the FBI is hoping to recover some data from her server, which she turned over to the Justice Department last week.

Aides could be heard in the background telling reporters that Clinton had to go, but she remained to answer questions for a few more minutes before leaving. As she walked away, she turned back to reporters who continued to ask questions with a shrug. 

Her comments came hours after NBC News reported that the FBI is hoping to recover some data from her server, which Clinton’s team turned over last week after months of criticism from Republican lawmakers and even some Democrats.

more at:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/251413-clinton-pulls-plug-on-testy-presser-over-server-questions

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Clinton pulls plug on testy presser over server questions
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 12:51:54 am »

How could anyone doubt a face like this?    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 02:42:44 am »

How could anyone doubt a face like this?    :silly:

Hillary Clinton, next in line to talk to Saint Peter.......
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 02:54:27 am »
As Krauthammer has said, she no longer has control.  The question(s) now: what operatives are in motion, and who's bidding are they doing?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 07:42:33 am »
I can't stop watching it ^-^

“Do you mean wiping a server with a cloth?” :silly:

I guess it is better to look like a moron than a criminal.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:53:27 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 01:35:57 am »
She had the right color pantsuit on for that conference.

Convict orange!

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 02:45:41 am »
She had the right color pantsuit on for that conference.

Convict orange!

LOL.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 02:48:51 am »
I can't stop watching it ^-^

“Do you mean wiping a server with a cloth?” :silly:

I guess it is better to look like a moron than a criminal.

I can't believe even the most obtuse liberal observers didn't do a full body heave watching that one.

But, remember:  The unusual and unplanned questions by troublesome journalists followed a "Town Hall" where "citizens" asked probing questions of Queen Hillary like "Can I give you a hug?"

That's what we're dealing with in 2015 America.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 02:57:05 am »
Hillary Clinton, next in line to talk to Saint Peter.......

Hillary is a dullard, criminal and protected political thug but she doesn't pull off "pathological liar" with the panache of that POTUS 42 guy from whom she has made a fortune and phony standing being a transparent beard.

There needs to be a Grand Jury impaneled for this matter but it won't happen under this President, his Attorney General or the Holder flunky who has ass-kissed his way up to the U.S. Attorney for D.C.  http://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/meet-us-attorney

It's maddening as hell.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:32:26 am by ArneFufkin »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 04:44:32 am »
I can't believe even the most obtuse liberal observers didn't do a full body heave watching that one.
Hillary is a dullard, criminal and protected political thug but she doesn't pull off "pathological liar" with the panache of that POTUS 42 guy from whom she has made a fortune and phony standing being a transparent beard.

There needs to be a Grand Jury impaneled for this matter but it won't happen under this President, his Attorney General or the Holder flunky who has ass-kissed his way up to the U.S. Attorney for D.C.  http://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/meet-us-attorney

It's maddening as hell.

I think a lot of people are mad as hell at the Clinton's lies.

Here is a blast from the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWQureIC1QM

Hillary has a three play playbook.  Lie, stall, and blame it on the GOP.

http://chicksontheright.com/blog/item/30479-hillary-s-testifying-on-oct-22-and-trey-gowdy-has-established-some-ground-rules

Hillionaire is scheduled to testify before the House Select Committee on Benghazi on Oct. 22, which is super inconvenient for her. And you know how Hillary's all about convenience. I bet she’s not even getting paid to testify or anything! Plus, don’t they all know she’s trying to become the next president? She totes doesn’t have time for this crap!

No matter how snappy Hillary gets, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, and his name is Trey Gowdy.

Gowdy told Chris Wallace his “ground rules” for Hillz on “Fox News Sunday,” and it’s literal perfection.

"You're going to stay there until all of the questions are asked and answered with respect to Benghazi and Libya, and part of that is ensuring that the public record is whole and complete, which means we necessarily have to discuss your unusual e-mail practices, but we're going to stay there until all of the questions -- if she's going to insist, Chris, that she's only coming once, I'm going to insist that once be fully constructed, which means she's going to be there for a while."

Go Gowdy GO. No better man for the job.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:48:44 am by Once-Ler »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 06:32:53 pm »
Her comments came hours after NBC News reported that the FBI is hoping to recover some data from her server, which she turned over to the Justice Department last week.

Just like it was with Lois Lerner's IRS e-mails... I guarantee you there is a backup of this server somewhere.

The information on it was too valuable to just throw away... and no Clintoon would ever throw away something that is worth lots of money...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 07:55:53 pm »
Just like it was with Lois Lerner's IRS e-mails... I guarantee you there is a backup of this server somewhere.

The information on it was too valuable to just throw away... and no Clintoon would ever throw away something that is worth lots of money...
Bingo!!!