Author Topic: Ann Coulter: I Despise Carly Fiorina with the ‘Hot, Hot Hate of 1,000 Suns’  (Read 8853 times)

Offline Paladin

"Work With Me Annie (known only in the South)"

Sorry to disagree with you, FDaY, but I grew up in Los Angeles and knew of that song, plus its sequel, "Annie had a baby."

That and "Earth Angel" at the birth of what was called Rhythm and Blues. The very first song I heard in that genre was "Gee" by The Crows. Remember it?

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline famousdayandyear

"Work With Me Annie (known only in the South)"

Sorry to disagree with you, FDaY, but I grew up in Los Angeles and knew of that song, plus its sequel, "Annie had a baby."

That and "Earth Angel" at the birth of what was called Rhythm and Blues. The very first song I heard in that genre was "Gee" by The Crows. Remember it?

Found it on youtube.  Guess I was focused on Bo Diddley at the time.  In Yankeeland, we were able to see those Alan Freed RNR shows:  Screamin Jay Hawkins, Mickey and Sylvia, Frankie Lyman, Five Satins....you get the picture.

I'm off topic but it's 2 am

Offline Paladin

"I'm off topic but it's 2 am"

Yes, we are off topic, but I know all those names, even Freed, though he was East Coast. It was a pleasant stroll down memory lane.

I shall leave this with one further suggestion. Mickey and Sylvia are famous for "Love is Strange", of course. That song is even used here in a TV commercial for something to do with a car (I think, shows you how much I pay attention). In any case, if you have never heard it, check out "Pillow Talk" by Sylvia (sans Mickey).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA2X1040_gY
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline famousdayandyear

"I'm off topic but it's 2 am"

Yes, we are off topic, but I know all those names, even Freed, though he was East Coast. It was a pleasant stroll down memory lane.

I shall leave this with one further suggestion. Mickey and Sylvia are famous for "Love is Strange", of course. That song is even used here in a TV commercial for something to do with a car (I think, shows you how much I pay attention). In any case, if you have never heard it, check out "Pillow Talk" by Sylvia (sans Mickey).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA2X1040_gY

Nice.  Thank you.

As an aside, I lived on the West Coast (Bay Area) and worked with startups in Silicon Valley for several years.  When I lived there, it seemed the East Coast was just another country and totally disconnected from what was actually goin on. 

Now that I am back home in the South, my perception has changed back to my roots.  For instance, I remember James Brown when he was hopping from road house to road house along coastal SC.  Good times. Yep.

Offline olde north church

"So call it "feminine" intuition, or what you will.  (I am a girly girl)
Using that defense, we girls often see what others may be blind to."

Completely agree with you, FDaY, and the "others" are usually men. We can be completely at sea when it comes to dealing with and understanding the fairer sex (who can be as hard as nails when they want to be).

"Chantilly lace and a pretty face and a pony tail hangin' down
A wiggle and a walk and a giggle and a talk made the world go round
There ain't nothing in the world
Like a big eyed girl to make me act so funny make me spend my money
Make me fool real loose like a long necked goose.
Like a girl oh baby that's what I like."

You don't give a lot of men the credit they deserve.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Lando Lincoln

Fiorina is Italian for "What do you mean by 'us', Paleface?".

I thought that would be Elizabeth Warren.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline olde north church

I thought that would be Elizabeth Warren.

Either or ...
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.