Author Topic: Ann Coulter: I Despise Carly Fiorina with the ‘Hot, Hot Hate of 1,000 Suns’  (Read 8854 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Coulter has such a sudden and quick mind.  She is fearless, incredibly resourceful,  and she possesses a recollection that can be astounding.  That she wastes it in such a manner is indicative of the times.  She takes all of that and turns it into a schtick.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Same here, but I would not break my loyalty.  I have been voting since 1977, if Trump is the nominee I would seriously consider writing in a Republican candidate, with Fiorina, Carson, Walker, Cruz, Rubio, Jindal being my top choices.

Yes, same here.

I'll write in another one of the GOP candidates.

Many people I know are right there with me.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Lando Lincoln

In 1972 I was standing with others at the card catalog at the wonderful research library of the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee when a student reporter from the school newspaper approached.  She asked if we were all registered to vote and all but one said yes.  She asked who among us was voting for McGovern and all said yes except me and the unregistered gal.  She asked who was supporting Nixon and I said I was.  When she asked the unregistered voter why she wasn't involved in the process, the gal said, "I'm apathetic.  I like being apathetic."  I'll never forget it.

I have voted for Republicans ever since.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Is it Donald Trump's mission to get Social Conservatives riled up on social media? 

To be 'put on display' as heartless ba$bleep?  (regarding his deportation plan)

Again, in this Bizarro World, where right is left and left is insane, I swear we could all be playing a part in a reality show.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
In 1972 I was standing with others at the card catalog at the wonderful research library of the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee when a student reporter from the school newspaper approached.  She asked if we were all registered to vote and all but one said yes.  She asked who among us was voting for McGovern and all said yes except me and the unregistered gal.  She asked who was supporting Nixon and I said I was.  When she asked the unregistered voter why she wasn't involved in the process, the gal said, "I'm apathetic.  I like being apathetic."  I'll never forget it.

I have voted for Republicans ever since.

I haven't left the Party, but I think the Party may be about to leave me.

I'm a Republican because, unlike the rest of the people I was hanging around with back in the late 70s and beyond, I actually know who William F. Buckley, Jr was. I knew who Milton Friedman was.

Mind you, I was doing everything else everyone was doing back them, but I was also reading.

I see no Buckley or Friedman left in my Party any longer. I see no reason, so I see no reason to try and continue to belong to something that's no longer that thing that I joined to begin with.

Knives cut two ways.

It's been 55 plus years since I last lived through a populist revolution.

I have no wish to live through another.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I'm a Republican because, unlike the rest of the people I was hanging around with back in the late 70s and beyond, I actually know who William F. Buckley, Jr was. I knew who Milton Friedman was.

Mind you, I was doing everything else everyone was doing back them, but I was also reading.

I see no Buckley or Friedman left in my Party any longer. I see no reason, so I see no reason to try and continue to belong to something that's no longer that thing that I joined to begin with.

Knives cut two ways.

Don't be all doom and gloomy.  It's way early.  It won't be Trump and we have some excellent candidates apart from Trump.

We don't have a Buckley or Friedman, but we do have a Thomas Sowell, and a Victor Davis Hanson, and a George Will, and a Charles Krauthammer.

Take a deep breath, relax, and remember polls right now are mostly registered voters.  As we get closer to primary elections things will look much different.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Is it Donald Trump's mission to get Social Conservatives riled up on social media? 

To be 'put on display' as heartless ba$bleep?  (regarding his deportation plan)

Again, in this Bizarro World, where right is left and left is insane, I swear we could all be playing a part in a reality show.

<tinfoilhat>
If you were a Democrat and wanted to destroy the Republican party, especially in a year where your own candidate was very vulnerable and weak, how would you do it? They try scandals every cycle, the infamous October Surprise, and it does work to weaken candidates, it doesn't destroy the party.  No, they would need to destroy it from within. Find key issues to a large base of the voters, something so important, they will give up their other values to get this one thing. Find a candidate who is very media and pop culture saavy and is recognized by everyone. Someone from outside politics. This person doesn't even need to be loyal to them, as long as they know this person's ego will be their main driving factor. Get them to play to base emotions, firing up crowds with fiery speeches.  With every step this person takes, they have to give up a bit more of their values in order to accept this person, but they do it anyway because he 'talks about X'. At the same time, others in the party are watching this wondering about all the other issues they stand for and questioning this person's past. The rhetoric gets heated, some people get disgusted and give up, others vow to never trust X again, on both sides, and soon, one powerful party is two dysfunctional parties.
</tinfoilhat>

Offline EdinVA

Coulter has such a sudden and quick mind.  She is fearless, incredibly resourceful,  and she possesses a recollection that can be astounding.  That she wastes it in such a manner is indicative of the times.  She takes all of that and turns it into a schtick.

She turns it into MONEY!

Offline aligncare

Go to the link and listen to the audio. The quotes are correct but the tone isn't.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ann-coulter-i-despise-carly-fiorina-with-the-hot-hot-hate-of-1000-suns/

I am not persuaded Mediaite is a trustworthy source of information on anything Conservative despite the obvious animosity several here have for Ann.

I've heard interviews with Dan Abrams. He's an insufferable political mush who leans way to the left of middle.

Offline mrclose

Same here, but I would not break my loyalty.  I have been voting since 1977, if Trump is the nominee I would seriously consider writing in a Republican candidate, with Fiorina, Carson, Walker, Cruz, Rubio, Jindal being my top choices.

Fiorina really?

Carly Fiorina Attacks Cruz: 'No Honor' in Fight to Defund Obamacare

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/10/03/carly-fiorina-attacks-cruz-no-honor-in-fight-to-defund-obamacare/

Carly Fiorina is open to legal status for adult illegal immigrants, citizenship for their kids

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/15/carly-fiorina-open-legal-status-adult-illegal-immi/

Carly Fiorina: Islamic Civilization was “Greatest in the World”

http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/06/carly-fiorina-islamic-civilization-was-greatest-in-the-world/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Godzilla

Fiorina really?

Carly Fiorina Attacks Cruz: 'No Honor' in Fight to Defund Obamacare

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/10/03/carly-fiorina-attacks-cruz-no-honor-in-fight-to-defund-obamacare/

Carly Fiorina is open to legal status for adult illegal immigrants, citizenship for their kids

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/15/carly-fiorina-open-legal-status-adult-illegal-immi/

Carly Fiorina: Islamic Civilization was “Greatest in the World”

http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/06/carly-fiorina-islamic-civilization-was-greatest-in-the-world/

What's wrong with the first and last items?

Fighting to lose is a fool's errand, and Cruz fought knowing he'd lose.

Islam, back in the 600-800s, was probably the most enlightened civilization in the 'west'.  Al-Andalus was looked upon as the Golden Age for Jews in Medieval Europe, so much so that they termed it Sepharad (and took it as the origin term for Sephardic Jews worldwide).  Some of the most influential rabbis, scientists, and philosphers came from Islamic Spain... like the Ramban (Nahmanides) and the Rambam (Maimonides), both of whom were key in developing modern Jewish... and western thought.

The only other civilization of measure at the time were Song/Tang China.  India was out, as their ruling civilizations collapsed during this time.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:44:02 pm by Godzilla »

Offline famousdayandyear

Knives cut two ways.

Totally agree.  I, also, know the Republican party left me completely when
we voted to place them in charge of the Senate, and they left us stranded.

I have no idea what to do next?  Civil disobedience? 

Separation of powers is gone with the latest Supreme Court decisions.
So here we are.  How can we help each other?

Would love to see free markets and individual freedoms restored before I die.  Your comments strike me as someone who has lost those freedoms and understand the resulting chaos. 

As for Ann Coulter's comments, please listen to the audio and decide for yourselves.  Carly Fiorina appears to me to be an opportunist seeking the spotlight for herself.  Fast talker--have worked under that lower level type many times.

Offline mrclose

Everyone of the sob's who were elected to the house and senate, who promised to defund obamacare lied!

Cruz stood and fought because of giving his word that he would fight!

IF the other pieces of s#!t had stood with him as they promised to do .. It Would Not have been a losing battle!

You have a problem with standing on principles but not with liars? :shrug:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline famousdayandyear

Islam, back in the 600-800s, was probably the most enlightened civilization in the 'west'.  Al-Andalus was looked upon as the Golden Age for Jews in Medieval Europe, so much so that they termed it Sepharad (and took it as the origin term for Sephardic Jews worldwide).  Some of the most influential rabbis, scientists, and philosphers came from Islamic Spain... like the Ramban (Nahmanides) and the Rambam (Maimonides), both of whom were key in developing modern Jewish... and western thought.

The only other civilization of measure at the time were Song/Tang China.  India was out, as their ruling civilizations collapsed during this time.

Respectfully, I ask you research the Battle of Tours (led by Charles Martel) in October 632 and/or the Battle of Lepanto in October 1571.  Islam may have vast accomplishments, but their documented history of mindless violence must not be discounted.  Their Quran calls for complete world
domination (caliphate) without regard to any moral arguments.  Both these battles in effect saved Western Civilization from total sharia.

bkepley

Respectfully, I ask you research the Battle of Tours (led by Charles Martel) in October 632 and/or the Battle of Lepanto in October 1571.  Islam may have vast accomplishments, but their documented history of mindless violence must not be discounted.  Their Quran calls for complete world
domination (caliphate) without regard to any moral arguments.  Both these battles in effect saved Western Civilization from total sharia.

They also have had periods of rationality.  I think that this is the worst period of "Islamic" insanity in a long time.  I read one essay which claimed it is a sign of the dying of Islam actually.

Godzilla

They also have had periods of rationality.  I think that this is the worst period of "Islamic" insanity in a long time.  I read one essay which claimed it is a sign of the dying of Islam actually.

I see Islam today undergoing their version of the Reformation and the Counter-Reformation... and how that turned into decades of war and centuries of hatred in Europe.  Northern Ireland still suffers from Protestant/Catholic hatred and violence even today.

Unfortunately, Osama Bin-Laden was Islam's version of Martin Luther... both strove to bring their respective religions back to a more 'pure' form.  And ISIS is Islam's first 'Protestant' state. 

Godzilla

Nothing in your response contradicts anything I wrote.

:shrug:

Offline famousdayandyear

Nothing in your response contradicts anything I wrote.

:shrug:

From your writing:
Islam, back in the 600-800s, was probably the most enlightened civilization in the 'west'.

This statement is demonstrably misleading:  A truly enlightened civilization would not seek to defeat such an advanced civilized part of the world as defined by Western Europe.  This is my opinion and I would struggle to defend Islam taking in all the facts of their history.  The sustained brutality of Islam--as witnessed even today--is indefensible.  But, if that is your view, have at it.

bkepley

From your writing:
Islam, back in the 600-800s, was probably the most enlightened civilization in the 'west'.

This statement is demonstrably misleading:  A truly enlightened civilization would not seek to defeat such an advanced civilized part of the world as defined by Western Europe.  This is my opinion and I would struggle to defend Islam taking in all the facts of their history.  The sustained brutality of Islam--as witnessed even today--is indefensible.  But, if that is your view, have at it.

Come on..you have to see it in a relative way.  That was at a time when continents were being sub-divided and everyone was at each others throat.  Looked at from your point of view Athens was an irrational, blood thirsty and barbaric state.

Offline famousdayandyear

Come on..you have to see it in a relative way.  That was at a time when continents were being sub-divided and everyone was at each others throat.  Looked at from your point of view Athens was an irrational, blood thirsty and barbaric state.

Why do I need to see "it" in a relative way?  I look at events in absolute terms.  That may be our overall divisive issue.

So ask yourself, why did Islam not go after Athens?  Could it be that the Islam leaders knew they would engage an enemy significantly similar to their own blood-thirsty, brain-washed, theocratic ranks.  Think about it.

PS:  I appreciate the straightforward dialogue (sans demeaning responses)

bkepley

Why do I need to see "it" in a relative way?  I look at events in absolute terms.  That may be our overall divisive issue.

So ask yourself, why did Islam not go after Athens?  Could it be that the Islam leaders knew they would engage an enemy significantly similar to their own blood-thirsty, brain-washed, theocratic ranks.  Think about it.

PS:  I appreciate the straightforward dialogue (sans demeaning responses)

Because Athens was about a thousand years before Islam.  I was making a point abour judging previous civlizations by today's standards.

Offline aligncare

I'm still waiting to hear about lying politicians and the one senator who stood on principle.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
From your writing:

Islam conquered Spain and held it for nearly a millennia.

They invaded Western Europe because they knew they could conquer it, and they did.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline famousdayandyear

Because Athens was about a thousand years before Islam.  I was making a point abour judging previous civlizations by today's standards.

This where we diverge.  For me, standards do not change from one century to another.  There are basic truths that are immutable.