Author Topic: Carly Fiorina as a boss: The disappointing truth  (Read 928 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carly Fiorina as a boss: The disappointing truth
« on: August 16, 2015, 08:20:41 pm »
http://fortune.com/2015/08/14/carly-fiorina-president-2/

Carly Fiorina as a boss: The disappointing truth

COMMENTARY by  Jeffrey Sonnenfeld

August 14, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT

She’s running for President on her track record as CEO of HP, but if that’s the case, Fiorina might want to rethink her strategy.

Fresh from strong debate quips, Carly Fiorina has improbably raced from 14th to fifth place in the New Hampshire Republican primary polls and now enjoys a 70% favorability rating in Iowa, ahead of such career politicians as Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, John Kasich, Rand Paul, Chris Christie, Rick Perry, George Pataki, and Lindsay Graham.

It is time to take her candidacy seriously and examine her leadership record. Having never held elected office, she has staked her reputation on her business career.

Fiorina is eager to be seen as the answer to Democratic slogans of a Republican war on women. She’s often been erroneously referred to as the first woman to lead a Fortune 500 firm, Hewlett-Packard HPQ 0.91% . That title actually belongs to The Washington Post Company’s Katharine Graham. Then there are the many other trailblazing women leaders preceding Fiorina, including Beechcraft’s Olive Ann Beech, Mattel’s Ruth Handler, Beatrice Food’s Loida Nicolas-Lewis, the Body Shop’s Anita Roddick, Martha Stewart, and Oprah Winfrey.

Still, with a scant 5% of Fortune 500 firms employing women CEOs, her leadership of a huge global enterprise in the macho field of IT is impressive. But how did she do?

The answer in short is: Pretty badly.

continued..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: Carly Fiorina as a boss: The disappointing truth
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 08:25:59 pm »
I like her when I hear her but like Trump she has no record in gvmnt so I've never considered her to be a serious candidate.  She needs more resume padding IMHO.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 11:00:05 pm »
I like her when I hear her but like Trump she has no record in gvmnt so I've never considered her to be a serious candidate.  She needs more resume padding IMHO.

Having experience in the real world and no record in government are top tier reasons to consider Ms. Fiorina for the oval office. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 11:02:32 pm »
When you are taking flak you must be pretty close to the target!

GO Carly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 03:42:42 am »
Having experience in the real world and no record in government are top tier reasons to consider Ms. Fiorina for the oval office. 

Exactly! I'm with you! Being a non-professional politician is a major plus for me!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 07:02:57 am »
She gets a bump in the polls and the hit pieces start flowing.

It's so predictable it's ridiculous.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 12:47:59 pm »
She gets a bump in the polls and the hit pieces start flowing.

It's so predictable it's ridiculous.

Yep! It never fails!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien