Author Topic: Hillary Clinton’s Bribery Scandal  (Read 443 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary Clinton’s Bribery Scandal
« on: August 16, 2015, 01:40:07 pm »
Hillary Clinton’s Bribery Scandal

Peter Wehner | @Peter_Wehner 
 04.24.2015 - 7:00 AM 

Earlier this week I referred to Hillary Clinton’s “tangle of corruption.” It turns out I was being generous.

As the politically explosive story in the New York Times demonstrates, the depths of the Clintons’ corruption and avarice is stunning. The facts in the Times story are utterly damning and prima facie evidence of a conflict of interest. If foreign governments, including adversarial ones like Russia, paid the Clinton Foundation and/or Bill Clinton huge sums of money, they assured themselves favorable treatment. (Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was pursuing the purchase of a Uranium One, a uranium mining company.) What we’re talking about looks very much like bribery, as former Governor Mitt Romney told Hugh Hewitt.

It’s worth placing this revelation in context: The Clintons have known for years that Hillary would run for president–and yet they still undertook this transparently unethical and potentially politically catastrophic action. The same is true of Mrs. Clinton’s deletion of 30,000 emails, another breathtakingly inappropriate, and possibly illegal, act. (It wouldn’t be unreasonable to assume that some of those deleted emails included a discussion of Uranium One, the company the Russians assumed control over.)

All of this confirms what many of us have long believed: The Clintons are, in important respects, unethical and unscrupulous. They think the rules apply to other people but not them. They are self-indulgent, narcissistic, out of control. There don’t appear to be moral guardrails in place. They oversee a brutal political machine that destroys those who threaten their political viability.

The Clintons are so brazen in their transgressions and corruption that they are like figures from a Robert Penn Warren novel. But in this case, we’re dealing not with fiction but real life, not with make-believe characters but real people. One of them wants to win the presidency. But being engulfed by a bribery scandal won’t help her.

A recommendation to my Democratic friends: It’s time for Elizabeth Warren to start warming up in the bullpen.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/2015/04/24/hillary-clintons-bribery-scandal/
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:40:44 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Hillary Clinton’s Bribery Scandal
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 01:53:06 pm »
Is there anything about her that isn't a scandal?  Has there ever been?  I don't think so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 02:00:48 pm »
Is there anything about her that isn't a scandal?  Has there ever been?  I don't think so!

Not at least from the time she was a lawyer on the Democrat House Judiciary committee staff, and was later fired and reportedly refused a recommendation because of her unethical behavior.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 02:05:59 pm »
Not at least from the time she was a lawyer on the Democrat House Judiciary committee staff, and was later fired and reportedly refused a recommendation because of her unethical behavior.

Whoop! There it is!  Yet there are millions of mindless people out there who will vote for her regardless!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien