Author Topic: Donald Trump bad-mouths his rivals  (Read 5799 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Donald Trump bad-mouths his rivals
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2015, 05:05:31 pm »
I'm betting there are more people who lost fortunes than built upon inheritance.  He didn't buy his way into Wharton either.

Well also stiffing creditors help also..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2015, 05:06:33 pm »
Character is a damned important thing in a president and I don't know if we've ever had a chatacter like Trump as president.  It's a damn big risk for both the country and the GOP.

Perhaps, but it seems to me like the nation is in deep peril now, so risks, whatever they might be, could well be warranted given that it is highly probable that business-as-usual will result in certain disaster.  When you are lemmings driving Hell-bent for the cliff, what is risk?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:07:50 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2015, 05:07:07 pm »
You don't accident your way into being a billionaire.
Tell that to Paris Hilton.

Millionaires happen by hard work. Billionaires happen by sheer luck.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:07:36 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline olde north church

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2015, 05:08:23 pm »

Well also stiffing creditors help also..

I wasn't privy to the details of his finances so ...
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2015, 05:08:48 pm »
Character is a damned important thing in a president and I don't know if we've ever had a chatacter like Trump as president.  It's a damn big risk for both the country and the GOP.

So, BK, which is the bigger risk, do nothing or try something new?
It may feel more comfortable to maintain the current course but it will not get us where we need to go.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2015, 05:09:32 pm »
Tell that to Paris Hilton.

Millionaires happen by hard work. Billionaires happen by sheer luck.

Like I said, how many other people have lost their fortunes?  They aren't the one's with TV shows.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

bkepley

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2015, 05:19:08 pm »
It may feel more comfortable to maintain the current course but it will not get us where we need to go.

I think I am just more of a conservative than a right winger.  I don't see turning to a poulist demagogue of questionable beliefs as being necessarily for the good of the country or the GOP .

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2015, 06:25:14 pm »
Be carful what you wish for. .
I think he is a dictator of sorts.   He is the type of guy who gets his way and does not care about yours or anyone else's way. Regardless of who is right.    I fear a Trump presidency

Compared to exactly WHAT?   A Hillary Clinton presidency?  Don't make me throw-up.

Or how about a milquetoast Scott Walker presidency?

No thanks.

Like it or not, we need an out-of-control Republican dictator-like POTUS...exactly like Obama has been...in order to cut through all the BS and correct all the damaging EOs and destroyed diplomatic relationships with our allies.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:25:33 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Godzilla

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2015, 06:28:57 pm »
So we need a president that leads by committee?  We have spent the last several decades with leaders that govern by polls, a.k.a committee, and see where that got us.  Good luck with that....

Given the hundreds of posts on TBR regarding Trump, no one has ever stated he had no character flaws... That kind of let the air out of your point....

It looks to me that you do not know much about the art of leadership.

Good leaders articulate the end state that wish to see come into effect.  Then their subordinates come up with the way forward and the costs.  Then the leader secures those resources.

Good leaders never tell you HOW to do anything.

bkepley

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2015, 06:29:06 pm »
Compared to exactly WHAT?   A Hillary Clinton presidency?  Don't make me throw-up.

Or how about a milquetoast Scott Walker presidency?

No thanks.

Like it or not, we need an out-of-control Republican dictator-like POTUS...exactly like Obama has been...in order to cut through all the BS and correct all the damaging EOs and destroyed diplomatic relationships with our allies.

Only problem is Trump could just as easily turn out to govern as a conventional Democrat.  I think he is as contemptuous of GOP voters as he is of most things.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2015, 06:32:18 pm »
Only problem is Trump could just as easily turn out to govern as a conventional Democrat.  I think he is as contemptuous of GOP voters as he is of most things.

RE: the bold above....you misspelled SOCONS.

And who could blame him...given the tone of the posts in here the last few weeks?    :whistle:

We need a little self-realization in here, IMO.  The kind of Republican I am, outnumbers the SOCON wing at least 5-1.  Deal with it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:35:14 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Godzilla

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2015, 06:34:05 pm »

That's exactly the same argument Lenin used regarding the White Russians forces/supporters.

When did 'conservatism' morph into old-school progressivism along the likes of Lenin and Chavez?

bkepley

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2015, 06:36:46 pm »
That's exactly the same argument Lenin used regarding the White Russians forces/supporters.

When did 'conservatism' morph into old-school progressivism along the likes of Lenin and Chavez?

It's not being conservative.  It is unconcerned with conservatism.  It's right-wing though.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2015, 06:50:21 pm »
Not me!  I want a Republican DICTATOR!

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of [their] women!"   :smokin:

Rome!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2015, 07:10:48 pm »
Conan the Barbarian   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082198/

What happened to Rome is REAL!  Conan the barbarian is a figment of someone's imagination!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2015, 07:33:59 pm »
It looks to me that you do not know much about the art of leadership.

Good leaders articulate the end state that wish to see come into effect.  Then their subordinates come up with the way forward and the costs.  Then the leader secures those resources.

Good leaders never tell you HOW to do anything.

Great post.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2015, 08:29:08 pm »
I still think there's something between Trump and Cruz.

Trump has not said one negative thing about 'VP' Ted Cruz.   :smokin:

It certainly is beginning to look that way.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.