Author Topic: Kerry open to another White House bid, but 'not right now'  (Read 272 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kerry open to another White House bid, but 'not right now'
« on: August 15, 2015, 12:35:04 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/dem-primaries/251188-kerry-open-to-another-white-house-bid-but-not-now

August 14, 2015, 06:52 pm
Kerry open to another White House bid, but 'not right now'

By Mark Hensch

Secretary of State John Kerry on Friday said he is not considering an Oval Office bid next year but would consider seeking the presidency again at another time.

“No, not at all,” Kerry said when asked about a 2016 run by NBC News anchor Andrea Mitchell in Havana.

“I have no idea what anybody is going to do,” he said of other rumored Democratic White House hopefuls like Vice President Biden or former Vice President Al Gore.

“I’ve been intensely focused on the diplomacy that we’re engaged in and we have a strong and significant agenda for the next 16 months and I’m going to be at it,” Kerry added.

But Kerry refused permanently closing the door on a presidential campaign.

“Well, I’m not saying forever and ever,” he told Mitchell. “I feel young enough to be engaged in America’s political process and debates over time, but not right now.”

“Now, I love the job I have,” Kerry added. “I think I have one of the best jobs, if not the best job, in government.”

Reports emerged Thursday that Gore is open to another shot at the presidency following his failed bids in 1988 and 2000.

Biden, meanwhile, is reportedly considering his 2016 options with friends and family during a vacation on Kiawah Island, S.C., lasting into next week.

Rumors are mounting about new Democratic presidential candidates as Hillary Clinton’s campaign has run into trouble.

Clinton’s support is dropping in multiple national polls amid voter concerns she is neither transparent nor trustworthy enough for the presidency.

At issue is the former secretary of State’s use of a private email server during her tenure there.

Critics charge the device may have jeopardized national security secrets or broken transparency rules.

Clinton announced Tuesday evening she is turning over her server and a backup thumb drive to Justice Department investigators.

Reports emerged Friday that potentially sensitive intelligence on the device involved discussions of U.S. drone policy.

- Updated at 8:58 p.m.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34