Author Topic: "Today I Die": Gangster In Staten Island Shootout's Morbid Prediction  (Read 552 times)

rangerrebew

"Today I Die": Gangster In Staten Island Shootout's Morbid Prediction

Garland "Murder" Tyree was found dead in the basement of his home after five-hour standoff with authorities.

 Tweet this

By James King on Aug 14, 2015 at 14:53 PM 

A reputed member of the East Coast’s branch of the Bloods street gang posted “Today I Die” on Facebook Friday morning after U.S. Marshals came to arrest him. By noon he was dead after a shootout with local and federal authorities.

U.S. Marshals attempted to take 38-year-old Garland “Murder” Tyree into custody about 6 A.M. Friday for a federal parole violation. When authorities tried to enter the home, Tyree reportedly started firing at them before setting the Staten Island house on fire. Tyree reportedly shot a firefighter who was responding to the blaze in the leg. The firefighter is expected to survive, according to published reports.

About 11:45 a.m. local media reporters posted on Twitter that gunshots were heard coming from the house. Tyree was found dead in the basement of the home shortly after.

Police and local media outlets had been communicating with Tyree as he was barricaded in the home during the hours-long standoff. “I’m a person that takes life as it comes. It is what it is,” Tyree told DNAinfo New York as the standoff played out. “I’m at peace.”

The name on Tyree’s’s Facebook page has been changed to “Remembering Garland Tyree” and friends and family left prayers and pleas for him to surrender before learning that he was dead. “You always had encouraging words for me now im telling you to be strong and think…and do the right thing. Im praying for you,” Lydia Waller wrote under the post in which Tyree predicted his death. “R.I.P MY prayers go out to your family,” she wrote four minutes later, after another person wrote “Bro dead..its on the news..”

Tyree had a lengthy criminal history that included 18 arrests and convictions dating back to the mid-1990s for crimes like assault and federal gun violations. In 1993, Tyree was suspected of murdering 19-year-old James Laurent during an argument at a party. A grand jury declined to indict him for murder but instead charged him with possession of a weapon, according to SILive.com.

http://www.vocativ.com/news/222121/today-i-die-gangster-in-staten-island-shootouts-morbid-prediction/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:38:31 am by rangerrebew »