Author Topic: White Model’s Afro Elicits Black Columnist’s Racist, Infantile Screed  (Read 723 times)

rangerrebew

White Model’s Afro Elicits Black Columnist’s Racist, Infantile Screed

Posted On 08 Aug 2015

By : Erik Rush

By Erik Rush

Since I consider myself a free market capitalist, I realize that it would be hypocritical of me to suggest that people ought not be able to buy and sell crap (either literally or figuratively) if there is a market for crap. I also believe that people should be paid whatever a given market will bear for their efforts, so I don’t complain about athletes and rock stars making more money than God when “it’s not like they’re curing cancer or something.”

Still, it bothers me when I see people taking profit in harming others, or the nation as a whole. That certainly includes drug dealers and human traffickers and such, but it also includes those in politics, various activists, the press, and the entertainment industry who are purveyors of that which degrades Americans’ minds, as well as emotional and spiritual constitutions.

When I become aware of brisk commerce going on with crap as the commodity, my mind typically turns to why there is a market for this particular crap, what the phenomenon indicates about our culture, and whether it is harmful enough to merit attention.

Recently, I came across a commentary which featured analysis of a racist screed by a young black woman named Zeba Blay who apparently writes for a bunch of leftist publications. Writing chiefly on issues concerning race, there isn’t anything about her that’s particularly unique (other than having been born in the western African nation of Ghana).

Ms. Blay is a dogmatist, working well within the parameters of the far left racial orthodoxy. As such, many of her arguments emanate from a place of “It’s a black thing; you wouldn’t understand” by way of justifying her esoteric assertions and countering opposing viewpoints.

The screed of which I speak had to do with Ms. Blay taking offense to white women sporting hair styles traditionally worn by black women. Apparently she came unglued when a white model donned an afro wig and got some face time over it.

I swear to God I am not making this up.

Suffice it to say that her justifications for this position were inane at best. As one might expect, the idea that conversely, perhaps black women ought not wear straight hair styles won’t fly because of the sanctity and cultural significance of black hair styles, and how they relate to the struggles of black people on the North American continent.

Translation: “It’s a black thing; you wouldn’t understand.”

By the way: You do know that beginning in the 1600s, black people were brought here from Africa and made slaves, do you not? Yes, it’s true; for a few hundred years, blacks were a horribly exploited slave class in the colonies, and later in the United States. When slavery was finally outlawed, blacks were subjected to second-class citizen status through laws which segregated them, denied them their constitutionally-guaranteed rights, and unofficially countenanced their persecution by vigilante groups.

Yes – well, like our esteemed president and a host of leftist pundits of varying prominence, Blay never hesitates to remind us of blacks’ struggles. The problem – and the danger – is the unending reference to inequitable conditions which have long since ceased to be. Relating these to conditions in the present – conditions which have an entirely dissimilar dynamic – is patently inflammatory.

Like so many black pundits, activists, and indoctrinated blacks who adhere to and rely upon this dogma, I would advise Blay to take a look at the dealings of her overseers – the leftist elites whom blacks have so dedicatedly supported.

I am certain that those elites appreciate zealous advocates such as Blay, The Neblett over at MSNBC, Marc Lamont Hill and many others as extremely “useful idiots.” Ceaselessly legitimizing the nobility of victimhood, like James Cone (the communist originator of Black Liberation Theology, the Marxism-infused apostate Christianity), these individuals encourage nonwhites – particularly young ignorant ones – to embrace their ethnicity as “ultimate reality” – to essentially make ethnicity their creed or religion.

Being a person of diverse ethnicity, obviously I have some experience with the attendant social and identity issues that either crop up, or which our rather perverse culture puts upon us.

I could never abide people who found it necessary to whine about how their ethnic derivation placed them at some sort of disadvantage, particularly because I grew up at a time when so many people were committed to the eradication of institutional bias in this country. I’ve written at length about having seen black kids from decent, economically solvent and stable families throw their lives away after subscribing to the radical leftist racial doctrines to which they were exposed in the 1960s. I’ve heard mixed-race kids – one was even working in Hollywood and doing very well – snivel about growing up with no friends because neither the black nor the white kids wanted to play with them.

You must not have much of a personality, kiddo, I remember thinking. I always had friends growing up…

This Zeba Blay chick, like all liberals, is knowledgeable in practically every area of endeavor. She can expound upon topics from the psychodynamic challenges faced by little brown children who are adopted into white families, to the ever-popular difficulty of being a black woman in America, to how important it is that hairstyles traditionally worn by black women are not “culturally appropriated” by white women.

​”Black women have had our hair mocked and degraded,” she wrote, “we have been called “nappy-headed-hoes,” and we have been socialized to believe that our hair is “bad” because it is not straight. When we do rock our natural hair, it’s called unkempt and unattractive.”
•“It’s A Slap In The Face When White Women Wear Black Hairstyles,” Zeba Blay, Huffington Post, Aug. 4, 2015

Please… someone tell me: Who is mocking and degrading black women’s hair? Who has called black women “nappy-headed-hoes” apart from the one instance attributable to shock jock Don Imus? Who has socialized black women to believe that their hair is “bad” because it’s not straight? Who has called black women’s hair “unkempt and unattractive?” Who?

And no cheating; societal convention and subliminal “messages” allegedly derived from fashion industry marketing five decades old do not count…

And then there’s the Ghanian thing. I don’t know if Blay is a naturalized Ghanian émigré, a legal resident, or was born in Ghana to American parents. Obviously she’s capitalizing on her African birth (like someone else we know used to do); that sort of thing is considered trés chic among the liberal media mudheads to whom Blay must necessarily ingratiate herself.

I’m all for naturalized citizens succeeding in America. I am not for naturalized citizens, legal residents, or illegal aliens coming to America, tearing the country down, and making a profit to boot. I don’t tolerate that from Canadians – and I love Canadians…

The danger from people like Zeba Blay is that Americans – especially young, black Americans – have become so dumbed-down, indoctrinated, and gullible that they see someone with a platform like Blay’s and no longer have the ability to discern that she’s just another arrogant, overeducated, self-righteous leftist with poisonous ideals.

But hey – she’s got great hair, huh..?

Read more at http://instigatornews.com/white-models-afro-elicits-black-columnists-racist-infantile-screed/#MpaYcI8evkxdpEOV.99