Author Topic: Rand Paul launches anti-Trump attack ad — gets called a 'mess' in response  (Read 1002 times)

bkepley

Colin Campbell
BI

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) is taking his criticism of GOP presidential rival Donald Trump to the next level.

Paul's campaign released an online attack ad against Trump on Wednesday that blasts him for past statements praising Democrats and left-leaning policies.

"In many cases I probably identify more as a Democrat," Trump says in a clip from a 2004 interview featured in Paul's ad. "I've been around for a long time and it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans."

More here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/rand-paul-launches-anti-trump-203653057.html

Looks like RP is going full out pound Trump to get back in the race.  Why not?  It seems to work for Trump.

Offline Longiron

Looks like RP is going full out pound Trump to get back in the race.  Why not?  It seems to work for Trump.

And TRUMP is being attacked here and the proper way to handle this is to say nothing. Don't think so. Paul is trying to use TRUMP to get some attention. NEVER trust a guy who SUPPORTS Mitch McConnell over the conservative in McConnell last Senate race. Thank you again , KY. Trump sumed up Paul when he pointed to his mid chest and said "I am fed up to here with Rand Paul". Ky now can do the country another favor and let Paul run for the POTUS and Senate at the same time????? After McConnelll reelection they will do it. Thanks again KY. Or do the RIGHT thing and make him make a CHOICE?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Paul made attack comments during the debates of both Trump and Christie.  He didn't do himself any favors.  Yes, he is a "different kind of Republican". That comment and the spar between him and Christie and his rolling his eyes is what I remember.  IMHO Paul did nothing but bring a negative image of himself.

Paul will make it to the next debate, but he needs to convey a positive message and rebuild his image. If he can't accomplish that, I think he's done.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline evadR

And TRUMP is being attacked here and the proper way to handle this is to say nothing. Don't think so. Paul is trying to use TRUMP to get some attention. NEVER trust a guy who SUPPORTS Mitch McConnell over the conservative in McConnell last Senate race. Thank you again , KY. Trump sumed up Paul when he pointed to his mid chest and said "I am fed up to here with Rand Paul". Ky now can do the country another favor and let Paul run for the POTUS and Senate at the same time????? After McConnelll reelection they will do it. Thanks again KY. Or do the RIGHT thing and make him make a CHOICE?
It's good to see a Republican that will fight back.
oops, I forgot. Trump isn't a Republican.
Paul is a one trick pony that has long passed his expiration date.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

Paul will make it to the next debate, but he needs to convey a positive message and rebuild his image. If he can't accomplish that, I think he's done.

Hopefully not.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I continue to support Paul but I must say I am disappointed in his campaign so far.  Too many missteps.  Attacking Trump's bonafides is another one.  Paul needs to be an unapologetic libertarian and noninterventionist.  That should be enough to get him to the semi-finals.  But he seems hell-bent to reposition himself as something else and it just confuses people. 

bkepley

I continue to support Paul but I must say I am disappointed in his campaign so far.  Too many missteps.  Attacking Trump's bonafides is another one.  Paul needs to be an unapologetic libertarian and noninterventionist.  That should be enough to get him to the semi-finals.  But he seems hell-bent to reposition himself as something else and it just confuses people.

Yep, he totally crashed and burned.  :shrug: