Author Topic: A top US general picked apart Donald Trump's ISIS policy  (Read 14332 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: A top US general picked apart Donald Trump's ISIS policy
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2015, 01:34:42 pm »
And if you extend the arrow head lines down (or up) they meet under (or above) Centerist. The inhabitants of this point are referred to as bleeping lunatics.

So, if you are a member of society that believes that no faction should be allowed to rule over everyone, you're a lunatic.

Got it.

P.S. The bulk of the polity lies at the center of that linear progression.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 01:36:00 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

bkepley

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2015, 01:40:52 pm »
What utter nonsense. The fact this poster promotes such an erroneous notion helps explain why his political acumen is so primitive.

Political division is best shown by this type of graft:

On the furthest Left is overarching government, or totalitarianism in all it various forms. To the furthest right is the complete absence of government, or anarchy.

Like I said...I was referring to what it is in practice not theory.  The far right sounds exactly like the far left on most issues other than cultural ones.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2015, 01:46:16 pm »
Like I said...I was referring to what it is in practice not theory.  The far right sounds exactly like the far left on most issues other than cultural ones.

Where do the two meet?

Give me some examples.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

bkepley

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2015, 01:48:52 pm »
Where do the two meet?

Give me some examples.

Free markets.  The far right is as hostile as the far left to supporting free markets which used to be a key conservative tenet.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2015, 01:58:25 pm »
All these idiots hoping for a "man of action" from Trump are asking for a Tojo, Hitler, or Mussolini in fact but they are too stupid or uneducated to know it

Too stupid? Really? I see that insults are how you plan on handling political arguments.

Well, since all you ever post are insults, then you really don't have a winning argument.

bkepley

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2015, 02:12:56 pm »
Too stupid? Really? I see that insults are how you plan on handling political arguments.

Well, since all you ever post are insults, then you really don't have a winning argument.

"Man of action" has always been a desire of the left.  Conservatives should fear that not desire it.  In my opinion if your desire is for action to "clean everything up" without specifics you don't know the past hence you are either ignorant or stupid.  It's that simple.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2015, 05:21:36 pm »
"Man of action" has always been a desire of the left.  Conservatives should fear that not desire it.  In my opinion if your desire is for action to "clean everything up" without specifics you don't know the past hence you are either ignorant or stupid.  It's that simple.

And you clearly know nothing about aligncare.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

bkepley

« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2015, 05:24:11 pm »
And you clearly know nothing about aligncare.

What does aligncare have to do with it?  I didn't say anything about aligncare.  This is the problem with jumping into the middle of something.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2015, 05:28:57 pm »
What does aligncare have to do with it?  I didn't say anything about aligncare.  This is the problem with jumping into the middle of something.

Ummm............. I didn't 'jump in the middle' of anything.

I've been on this thread for days, and I just saw what you just posted TO aligncare, giving him the option of either being stupid or ignorant.

In my opinion if your desire is for action to "clean everything up" without specifics you don't know the past hence you are either ignorant or stupid.  It's that simple

You are really, really wrong and need to back off the personal attacks.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:29:57 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

bkepley

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2015, 05:34:01 pm »
Ummm............. I didn't 'jump in the middle' of anything.

I've been on this thread for days, and I just saw what you just posted TO aligncare, giving him the option of either being stupid or ignorant.

You are really, really wrong and need to back off the personal attacks.

"You" and "your" is an acceptable American English version of "One" or "one's".  There was no personal attack and nothing to back off of.  Aligncare jumped on something I said which was impersonal and directed at no one in particular but anyone who liked Trump only because he seems to be a "man of action". Here is the definition of "man of action"

Definition of "a man of action" - British English Dictionary

a man of action
› a man who prefers to do things rather than think about and discuss them

To me it would be stupid for "you" to want to give such a man absolute power.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2015, 05:40:48 pm »
A second successive egotistical bully who doesn't listen to anyone but the voices in his own head is NOT what we need right now.

There you go ... second time you reminded me of Lavinia Bunhead.  LOL!!!   000hehehehe

Offline musiclady

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2015, 05:44:56 pm »
"You" and "your" is an acceptable American English version of "One" or "one's".  There was no personal attack and nothing to back off of.  Aligncare jumped on something I said which was impersonal and directed at no one in particular but anyone who liked Trump only because he seems to be a "man of action". Here is the definition of "man of action"

Definition of "a man of action" - British English Dictionary

a man of action
› a man who prefers to do things rather than think about and discuss them

To me it would be stupid for "you" to want to give such a man absolute power.

Nice deflection of what you actually said to ac........

However, he's a mature adult, so there's no need for me to continue defending him to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2015, 05:45:26 pm »
There you go ... second time you reminded me of Lavinia Bunhead.  LOL!!!   000hehehehe

Lavinia ROCKS!   :laugh:

bkepley

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2015, 05:48:12 pm »
Nice deflection of what you actually said to ac........

However, he's a mature adult, so there's no need for me to continue defending him to you.

I can't help you to see that sometimes the internet is difficult and not the best method of communication.  What I said is exactly as I described and directed at no one in particular. 

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2015, 06:16:56 pm »
Where do the two meet?

Give me some examples.

We need to fund MY program.
We need to raise taxes so we can keep the government open.
We cannot ban abortion because..... (insert reason here).
IRS needs more authority so lets put them in charge of obamacare. ok,not the republicans... :)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2015, 06:44:34 pm »

LOL!   Noticed that yesterday, AC.

When being called things like "idiot", the first thing I do is look at who's talking.   In this case, it ends right there.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Paladin

« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2015, 01:40:16 am »

Hate to tell you this but if this is true, then the individual is not "far right", which means Libertarian or even anarchist.

Moreover, if this is accurate, Free markets.  The far right is as hostile as the far left to supporting free markets which used to be a key conservative tenet., such individuals are more correctly placed as "centrist" or even further left.

You seem to select certain concepts, define them as "Conservative", classify them as "far right", and equate anyone who disagrees with them (or at least this one) as being identical with the far left. Well, yes, which is precisely why such individuals are not "far right", but tend toward the collectivist side of the spectrum whatever else they advocate.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2015, 02:16:38 am »
We need to fund MY program.
We need to raise taxes so we can keep the government open.
We cannot ban abortion because..... (insert reason here).
IRS needs more authority so lets put them in charge of obamacare. ok,not the republicans... :)

So, the far right wants more Federal programs funded, taxes raised, abortion to NOT be banned and more authority given to the IRS?

That's what you're saying you know.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2015, 02:24:30 am »
Free markets.  The far right is as hostile as the far left to supporting free markets which used to be a key conservative tenet.

So libertarians and those to the right of libertarians, are hostile to free markets?

You're dead wrong again. You're assigning a value that belongs to an authoritarian collectivist political ideology that today we see as being "far right" when they're in fact not, then you're trying to paint the reality of extreme right-wing ideology with a broad brush dipped heavily in collectivism.

ALL collectivism is left wing philosophy. The problem is that all politics right now, even those espoused by those who consider themselves moralists and social conservatives, are left-wing in nature because they're all basically variations of collectivism.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2015, 02:40:52 am »
So, the far right wants more Federal programs funded, taxes raised, abortion to NOT be banned and more authority given to the IRS?

That's what you're saying you know.

You asked for examples of where the left and right met in the "circle".
The IRS thing was a joke... I guess not such a good one.. :)
I think there is merit in BK's point, not sure I can articulate it right but is appears that if you follow the left and right to their extremes they would in fact overlap at some point.
The left wants to regulate wealth because of perceived abuses by the right and the right wants to regulate social activity because of perceived abuses by the left.
Which, if followed out to extremes without checks and balances, you would end up with an overly regulated situation....

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2015, 03:03:24 am »
You asked for examples of where the left and right met in the "circle".
The IRS thing was a joke... I guess not such a good one.. :)
I think there is merit in BK's point, not sure I can articulate it right but is appears that if you follow the left and right to their extremes they would in fact overlap at some point.
The left wants to regulate wealth because of perceived abuses by the right and the right wants to regulate social activity because of perceived abuses by the left.
Which, if followed out to extremes without checks and balances, you would end up with an overly regulated situation....

Or maybe the more cogent argument is that in fact, all politics today are left of center, and even those who call themselves "far right" are (because the general inclination of all politics to lean toward collectivism) in actuality closest to the center of that linear scale of politics posted earlier than they'd like to admit.

The Ron and Rand Pauls of the world are hovering very near the center line, just slightly to the right of it.

We fear the inhabitants of the end of the right-wing political spectrum as much, if not more, than we fear those who inhabit the far left.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:09:39 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2015, 03:08:33 am »
P.S. The bulk of the polity lies at the center of that linear progression.

I like to think of the voters as a bell curve, with the middle of the bell representing the political center, but your upsidedown triangle is also effective to at representing party voters.

bkepley

« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2015, 03:10:52 am »
Or maybe the more cogent argument is that in fact, all politics today are left of center, and even those who call themselves "far right" are in actuality closest to the center of that linear scale of politics posted earlier than they'd like to admit.

The Ron and Rand Pauls of the world are hovering very near the center line, just slightly to the right of it.

We fear the inhabitants of the end of the right-wing political spectrum as much, if not more, than we fear those who inhabit the far left.

I'm sorry but as a serious conservative ...how can you possibly say that the far left and far right are not meeting in Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul or others?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2015, 03:16:23 am »
I'm sorry but as a serious conservative ...how can you possibly say that the far left and far right are not meeting in Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul or others?

So, I can only be a "serious conservative" if I agree with you?

That in fact is the clearest indication of your lack of comprehension of the most important tenet  of conservatism, which is individualism.

Bernie Sanders wants the State to control our lives and for all of us to be beholden to the State, and he believes that the solution to every problem is more government. Rand Paul believes the exact opposite.

There is no argument that you can make that makes the idea of more government equal to the idea of less government.

None.

bkepley

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2015, 03:29:07 am »
Or maybe the more cogent argument is that in fact, all politics today are left of center, and even those who call themselves "far right" are (because the general inclination of all politics to lean toward collectivism) in actuality closest to the center of that linear scale of politics posted earlier than they'd like to admit.

This is so much BS like how many angels can balance on the head of a pin or something ...you guys figure it out somehow.. my guide is Burke and Kirke and I feel good about that.