Author Topic: 'I am Batman,' Trump tells boy on helicopter ride  (Read 713 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
'I am Batman,' Trump tells boy on helicopter ride
« on: August 16, 2015, 10:56:39 pm »
'I am Batman,' Trump tells boy on helicopter ride

By Thomas Lake, CNN

Des Moines, Iowa (CNN) A helicopter landed here just after noon on Saturday, causing a short but violent windstorm. Large trees shivered; small ones bent nearly sideways. Dust swirled up from the parking lot, stinging the eyes of the onlookers. The pilot cut the engines. A man got out of the helicopter. He wore white shoes and white khakis with sharp creases and a red baseball cap that said MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. He strolled across the searing asphalt and stood at the edge of a field, where nearly 100 people waited to find out what he would do or say next.

"We have quite a few children gonna take rides today," said Donald Trump, billionaire, celebrity, entertainer and Republican candidate for president. "Where are the children? Get them over here."

Half a mile northwest, beyond the railroad tracks and the Laurel Hill Cemetery, the Iowa State Fair proceeded as usual.

You could see a cow made of butter or a 711-pound Giant Atlantic Pumpkin. You could eat a bacon-wrapped rib on a stick and drink a 32-ounce Miller Lite while watching a one-man band play and sing "Mustang Sally." You could strap into a ride called Slingshot, whose giant elastic bands would fling you toward the pale blue sky.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/16/politics/donald-trump-iowa-state-fair/index.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: 'I am Batman,' Trump tells boy on helicopter ride
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 10:58:40 pm »
There's a saying that a good salesman is a sucker for another good salesman.

Don't care if it's a fungus.  This SOB is growing on me.   :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 11:03:21 pm »
OK - That's cool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

bkepley

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 11:19:17 pm »
There's a saying that a good salesman is a sucker for another good salesman.

Don't care if it's a fungus.  This SOB is growing on me.   :tongue2:

He's growing on you?  Since when?  You had about a three day spell of common sense and then in love with every turn of his heel.