Author Topic: About those child opera singers: here's the deal  (Read 4336 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: About those child opera singers: here's the deal
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 10:58:40 pm »
Oh, yeah..................... my Dad used to drive one of those.............   :dx1:
Meh. I liked the Polara better. #rimshot
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 11:07:06 pm »
Meh. I liked the Polara better. #rimshot

The Electra was great........................... if you liked driving a boat down the highway.  :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 11:31:52 pm »
The Electra was great........................... if you liked driving a boat down the highway.  :laugh:
About six years ago, there was an old guy in town that decided to put his 60s car collection up for sale, dirt cheap. The cars were in VERY rough shape (missing windshields or hoods in a couple cases, flat tires) but even with that in mind, a $1000 price tag was a steal. Man, there were some beautiful—and HUGE—cars. A '69 Electra, a '66 Polara, '67 Imperial, and a '71 Plymouth Fury convertible.

Alas, I was out of work at the time and didn't have the spare money; otherwise I would've made the guy an offer on one.

But anyway, I think I've derailed this thread enough!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2015, 12:29:31 am »
About six years ago, there was an old guy in town that decided to put his 60s car collection up for sale, dirt cheap. The cars were in VERY rough shape (missing windshields or hoods in a couple cases, flat tires) but even with that in mind, a $1000 price tag was a steal. Man, there were some beautiful—and HUGE—cars. A '69 Electra, a '66 Polara, '67 Imperial, and a '71 Plymouth Fury convertible.

Alas, I was out of work at the time and didn't have the spare money; otherwise I would've made the guy an offer on one.

But anyway, I think I've derailed this thread enough!

I think the derailment was mine.   :laugh:

At any rate, I've enjoyed it!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.