Author Topic: Sudden death on Canfield Drive in Ferguson  (Read 690 times)

rangerrebew

Sudden death on Canfield Drive in Ferguson
« on: August 09, 2015, 02:28:48 pm »

Sudden death on Canfield Drive in Ferguson

Jesse Lee Peterson uncovers the real story of Michael Brown

Published: 11 hours ago

It was one year ago, August 9, 2014, when Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson did his job.

It would ultimately cost him his ability to be a police officer. And he now hides in anonymity in suburban St. Louis, fearful of the “Black Lives Matter” movement (and the many credible death threats against him) that his lawful actions that day inadvertently unleashed.

Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson’s upcoming book, “Antidote: Healing America From the Poison of Hate, Blame and Victimhood,” which is now available to pre-order from the WND Superstore, deals directly with anger fueling the “Black Lives Matter” and the same anger that fueled Michael Brown’s decision to bull rush Wilson and try to take his life.

To be released on November 24, 2015, the following is an excerpt from the first chapter of “”Antidote,” published on the one-year anniversary of that confrontation in Ferguson.

Peterson’s book, “Scam: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America,” already is available in the WND Superstore.

DEATH ON CANFIELD DRIVE

By Jesse Lee Peterson

If he slept at all the night before – and that much is doubtful – Michael Brown woke up at his grandmother’s apartment on the morning of August 9, angry. He did not know this would be the last day of his life. He probably didn’t care.

How do I know this? I know it in part by researching Brown’s history, in part by observing his actions later that day, and in part by having been where Michael Brown was. When I was younger, anger drove me almost as hard as it drove him. Many of the same things that angered Michael, angered me. For years, I drank deeply from a toxic spring of hatred. I consumed the poison. I wallowed in it. Thank God, I lived long enough to find the antidote. Michael did not. The poison – not Officer Darren Wilson – killed him before he had a chance.

In 1999, when Michael was no more than three, his parents separated. Not much had held them together anyway. They had never married. By all accounts, it was a nasty split. Michael moved with his mother, Lesley McSpadden, to a new neighborhood and a new school.

Growing up, sometimes Michael would call his father and ask to be “rescued.” That was not easy. “And the two different families, we really didn’t get along, so it was kinda hard for me to go pick him up,” said Michael Brown Sr. in one of his more honest moments. “I had to have a family member go get him and bring him over to the house.” The tension unsettled Michael. How could it not have?

Lesley and Michael Sr. were still in their twenties when they split up. But in time, each would have a new partner and form a new family, or what passed for a family, in Ferguson, Missouri. The younger Michael did not meet his father’s new wife, Calvina, until his mother threw him out of the house and dropped him off on his father’s front porch. He was sixteen. For three months he stayed with his father and Calvina, sulking in his room and refusing to go to school.

Meanwhile, Michael’s mother had hooked up with a fellow named Louis Head. The media routinely designated Head as Michael’s “stepfather,” but a police report after Brown’s death listed him as “McSpadden’s Boyfriend.” Whether husband or boyfriend, Head brought little to the relationship beyond a bad temper and a lengthy rap sheet. Michael would never feel comfortable in any of these households. This helps explain why he ended up living most of the final year of his life with his grandmother, Desuirea Harris. At least there he would not have to compete with a new spouse or a new boyfriend for a parent’s attention. No one talks much about the hostility between men and women that infects black families, but believe me, it is there. When their men walk out, as they do too often, women grow angry and bitter. “The women work,” an older neighbor of Brown’s said of the area. “The guys stay home, smoke dope and walk around harassing people. You can’t say nothing to them. They’ll cuss you out.”

MORE

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/sudden-death-on-canfield-drive-in-ferguson/#7WShy1BV5bDygQzP.99