Author Topic: Bobby Jindal: I'll Toss Trump's Name Into Speech So Media Will Cover Me  (Read 350 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=669409

Newsmax
Bobby Jindal: I'll Toss Trump's Name Into Speech So Media Will Cover Me
Monday, August 10, 2015 04:16 PM

By: Greg Richter

With GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump getting all the ink, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal says he'll try a new tack in a speech today: mention Donald Trump.

"I realize that the best way to make news is to mention Donald Trump. That's the gold standard for making news these days," Jindal said in an email sent to supporters, Mediaite reports. "So, I've decided to randomly put his name into my remarks at various points, thereby ensuring that the news media will cover what I have to say."

Jindal is stuck among the bottom of the 17-candidate GOP presidential field, so he appears to have decided the best way to get his name out there is to invoke Trump's.

Taking on his best Donald Trump phraseology, Jindal plans to say, "Let's tell the truth here — this crop of Democrat candidates is terribly weak. It's a joke. It's a complete disaster for the Democratic Party ... Also … did I mention Donald Trump?"

The Washington Post noted that Jindal's strategy may have worked, judging by how his plan is already getting mentions on social media.

But the Post also defended its own coverage, writing, "Now, the Washington Post has covered Jindal this year. And covered him some more. And still more," the Post wrote. "But his experiment Monday earned him an unmistakeable spike in media attention."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34