Author Topic: Wow: Senator Catches Obama Red-Handed Violating The Law He JUST Signed  (Read 759 times)

rangerrebew

Wow: Senator Catches Obama Red-Handed Violating The Law He JUST Signed

"That is one of the most mind-blowingly stupid things I can ever remember."

Randy DeSoto August 4, 2015 at 11:20am

Freshman Senator Tom Cotton, R-Ark., found that President Barack Obama is already in direct violation of a law he just signed in late May regarding the Iran nuclear deal.

The Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act specifically provides that Congress must receive “all nuclear agreement documents, including any related to agreements ‘entered into or made between Iran and any other parties.’ It expressly includes ‘side agreements.’ This requirement is not strictly limited to agreements to which the U.S. is a signatory,” Sen. Cotton and Rep. Mike Pompeo wrote in a joint op-ed in the Wall Street Journal last week.

Cotton and Pompeo recount that they traveled to Vienna a few weeks ago to meet with officials of the U.N. International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). There, they learned “that certain elements of this deal are—and will remain—secret.” They further discovered that those involved with the talks, including the Obama administration, specially allowed the IAEA and Iran to have two side deals.

The first has to do with the IAEA’s inspection of the controversial Parchin military complex. The site is a suspected location of Iran’s long range missile and nuclear development. The second side deal has to do with what the nation must reveal about its nuclear program to date.

The legislators argue that both are vital issues if the deal will have any chance of success. They also make clear that the administration has been inconsistent in its responses regarding the existence of these agreements and whether Congress will have access to review them.

The two sent a letter to the Obama administration requesting access to all relevant information, so the agreement can be adequately reviewed.

To ensure there is enough time for this review, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, introduced a resolution last Thursday calling for the clock to not start until all relevant “side deals” are made available to Congress, according to The Hill.

His resolution reads, in part:

The 60-calendar day period for review of such agreement in the Senate cannot be considered to have begun until the Majority Leader certifies that all of the materials required to be transmitted under the definition of the term ‘agreement’ under such Act, including any side agreements with Iran and United States Government-issued guidance materials in relation to Iran, have been transmitted to the Majority Leader.

Dan Calabrese, writing for CainTV, called into question the whole premise of the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act, noting it runs contrary to the Constitution. Congress has a way to approve treaties–and it is not by majority vote in both Houses, which the president can veto. “It’s called treaty ratification, and it requires two-thirds of the Senate. For congressional Republicans to give Obama an alternative [only requiring him to sustain a veto] to that is one of the most mind-blowingly stupid things I can ever remember them doing. And that’s saying something.”

Offline EdinVA

Re: Wow: Senator Catches Obama Red-Handed Violating The Law He JUST Signed
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 10:08:18 pm »
So what?
Whacha gonna do about it?
Do you really think McConnell is going to grow a pair and take on BO?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 10:57:46 pm »
So what?

Maybe! When hell freezes over and the devil learns to skate!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 11:05:15 pm »
So what?

This is McConnell's fault then?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 11:15:37 pm »
This is McConnell's fault then?

It' not McConnells fault that B.O. is violating the law but it sure as hell IS his fault that nothing will be done about it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 11:25:33 pm »
I'm outraged!

Why won't somebody do something about it?

Come on GOPe!!!

Hey, does anyone know what time the Steelers/Vikings game kicks off tonight? 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 11:28:12 pm »
I'm outraged!

Why won't somebody do something about it?

Come on GOPe!!!

Hey, does anyone know what time the Steelers/Vikings game kicks off tonight?

7pm Central time on NBC

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 02:07:49 am »
Nobody's going to do anything about it.

Hmmmmm.... hang on a minute.

I'm wondering if that brash loudmouthed Trump guy -- if he ever got hisself elected, which I know can't happen -- might tell his justice department to do some investigatin' regarding the obama administration...?

But anyone else....
Of course not!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 02:15:12 am »
Nothing will happen to this lawless punk......................... at least not on this earth........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 02:19:47 am »
Nothing will happen to this lawless punk......................... at least not on this earth........

Every time I see Obama talking (aka - lying), I pray that the Lord is in the mood for a good smiting.  I'm still waiting for the lightning strike.   :0001:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 02:22:31 am »
Every time I see Obama talking (aka - lying), I pray that the Lord is in the mood for a good smiting.  I'm still waiting for the lightning strike.   :0001:

The only comfort for me is that he WILL get what he deserves.......... in God's time.

And it's not going to be pretty for him...... I guarantee you that!

Lightning won't be the half of it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 03:20:04 am »
The only comfort for me is that he WILL get what he deserves.......... in God's time.

And it's not going to be pretty for him...... I guarantee you that!

Lightning won't be the half of it.

Agree.  Let's just say he'd better be wearing asbestos underwear!

:smokin:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!