Author Topic: I Have Disinvited Donald Trump to the RedState Gathering  (Read 6561 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: I Have Disinvited Donald Trump to the RedState Gathering
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2015, 05:34:10 pm »
The TENT will collapse when he is the POTUS. That tent is getting bigger and stronger as he takes on the RINOGOP, Bushies, FOX, Pundits, Media who are all going to lose if he is the next POTUS. The people that is speaking for the most is the  AMERICAN people who are tried of taking it from the above. When he can lead in all skewed polls to trying to shape public opinion  he is on to something. The Media, RINOGOP, most Pundits, FOX, RINO Blogs despise the American people the most and it finally starting to show. :chairbang:

You'll have nobody but yourself to blame when Hillary Clinton is our next POTUS.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2015, 05:35:44 pm »
The TENT will collapse when he is the POTUS. That tent is getting bigger and stronger as he takes on the RINOGOP, Bushies, FOX, Pundits, Media who are all going to lose if he is the next POTUS. The people that is speaking for the most is the  AMERICAN people who are tried of taking it from the above. When he can lead in all skewed polls to trying to shape public opinion  he is on to something. The Media, RINOGOP, most Pundits, FOX, RINO Blogs despise the American people the most and it finally starting to show. :chairbang:

You are one misguided soul. But, that's who Trump attracts. He will never be President, you know. Like the LaRouchies, sane people will run away from Trump and his followers like the plague.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2015, 05:49:55 pm »
Trump is not by any means my favorite and he has said some things that have been uncalled for.  I certainly don't feel he was asked any unfair questions and certainly feel he came across arrogant.  RINO's fear him (as they should) because if he runs 3rd party; it's all over for the GOP.  I think the left at this point is hoping he runs third party and see him him as part of the destruction of the GOP - planned or not. But my other thought is; as another poster mentioned he's taken the heat off of the other candidates; namely Cruz.who is despised by both the establishment and the left.  Curiously, I would love to know the relationship that Trump and Cruz have.

Jonah Goldberg@JonahNRO
The last 24 hours have been very, very good for @tedcruz

Twitter is reporting Cruz got a rockstar welcome at redstate.  Will the primary voters who obsess about their outsider status make the logical steps towards Cruz?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2015, 06:20:17 pm »

So your theory is that the tent will get bigger if he excludes more people.

Interesting.

So then, let's say that Trump is nominated and he loses BIG to anyone that the DNC dominates.

Your theory and world will be blown to s#it, won't they?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2015, 06:22:57 pm »
Trump is not by any means my favorite and he has said some things that have been uncalled for.  I certainly don't feel he was asked any unfair questions and certainly feel he came across arrogant.  RINO's fear him (as they should) because if he runs 3rd party; it's all over for the GOP.  I think the left at this point is hoping he runs third party and see him him as part of the destruction of the GOP - planned or not. But my other thought is; as another poster mentioned he's taken the heat off of the other candidates; namely Cruz.who is despised by both the establishment and the left.  Curiously, I would love to know the relationship that Trump and Cruz have.

Ted Cruz will lose if Trump runs third Party, as will every other GOP candidate.

If Cruz doesn't fear Trump, h's not all that intelligent, is he?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2015, 06:29:21 pm »

I said early-on that Trump would use his candidacy for political leverage. He's not going away until this thing plays out. We all know a third-party run would be ruinous for the country.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2015, 06:48:22 pm »
I'm guessing his two ex-wives would confirm that.

You can take white trash to the city, but they'll still act like white trash.  Trump has never had verbal filters (he's rich, as he never fails to point out), and he ain't gonna get any at the age of 70.  What he said about John McCain should have done him in. So should this.

But will those who think he's the next Messiah? I doubt it.  The good news is he'll continue to spout off like a bar bully, never get specific in terms of what he'll actually DO about any issue, and slam anybody who disagrees with him.  In truth, Trump has about a 5% level of support, and he'll eventually revert to that in the polls.

But, if he runs 3rd party, that's enough to squeeze out the GOP candidate. And, it will be revealed, that's what Donald Trump has been about all along.

I would guess that any female who's ever crossed him knows he fundamentally disrespects women.

I know some excused his comments about POW's, but I agree, that should have done him in.  This had better make him fizzle.  It's absolutely inexcusable.

I also agree that his support group is small, and that the bloom is off the rose for any rational person who kinda liked what he was doing.

If he even THINKS about running third party, he should lose even more support.

His 10 minutes in the political sun, Lord willing, are about over.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2015, 06:49:40 pm »

You don't help your cause much with this kind of mindless rhetoric......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2015, 07:32:38 pm »
oh oh. Donald Trump is starting to resemble Donald Sterling

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2015, 08:11:45 pm »

Yours is a twisted view.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2015, 08:31:21 pm »
Yours is a twisted view.

It most certainly is!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2015, 08:43:24 pm »
I said early-on that Trump would use his candidacy for political leverage. He's not going away until this thing plays out. We all know a third-party run would be ruinous for the country.

Ok.  Trump has certainly excited the electorate and the debate brought in a record number of viewers.  He's smart enough to realize that him running a 3rd party would destroy any chance of any of the great GOP candidates winning.  Is that his purpose or is he taking the heat off of the other candidates?  Early on the MSM went after the other candidates and now all focus is on Trump. However, with Trump not ever attacking Hillary, I think we have our answer. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline flowers

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2015, 08:50:26 pm »
Ok.  Trump has certainly excited the electorate and the debate brought in a record number of viewers.  He's smart enough to realize that him running a 3rd party would destroy any chance of any of the great GOP candidates winning.  Is that his purpose or is he taking the heat off of the other candidates?  Early on the MSM went after the other candidates and now all focus is on Trump. However, with Trump not ever attacking Hillary, I think we have our answer.
Hillary was at his last wedding.  If he is pals with her just think how advantageous she would be for him as prez? 

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2015, 09:21:22 pm »
I think it is more likely that if HRC was POTUS Trump would find that hill and bill played him like a fiddle and Trump is probably savvy enough to know that. I'd find it more likely that if Cruz were the nominee, trump would support him

bkepley

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2015, 09:28:43 pm »
I think it is more likely that if HRC was POTUS Trump would find that hill and bill played him like a fiddle and Trump is probably savvy enough to know that. I'd find it more likely that if Cruz were the nominee, trump would support him

You have way too much faith in Trump.  If he's not the nominee he won't give a damn about Cruz (as if he ever did.)

Offline flowers

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2015, 09:35:43 pm »
If he's not the nominee he won't give a damn about Cruz (as if he ever did.)
True

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2015, 09:42:17 pm »
Yours is a twisted view.

I'm think it needed an "AAARRRGGGH!   ala Howard Dean!      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Carling

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2015, 10:13:44 pm »
Isn't Erick Ericson the guy who had to apologize for calling Michelle Obama a "Marxist harpy?"

No ambiguity there.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2015, 10:25:41 pm »
Isn't Erick Ericson the guy who had to apologize for calling Michelle Obama a "Marxist harpy?"

No ambiguity there.
Nope.  That was Erick Erickson...not Erick Ericson :laugh:

Strangely, I'm less concerned about what names rats are called, but I see your point.

bkepley

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2015, 10:31:22 pm »

No ambiguity there.

There is a clear qualitative difference between "marxist harpy" and "bimbo" and if you were not so motivated to defend Trump I'm sure you would recognize this.

Offline Carling

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2015, 10:40:34 pm »
There is a clear qualitative difference between "marxist harpy" and "bimbo" and if you were not so motivated to defend Trump I'm sure you would recognize this.

If using logic and appreciating the meaning of actual words is defending Trump, then I suppose I am.

What about Trump's past would make you think he'd use some sort of vague throwaway line to get across a point of Megyn Kelly menstruating?  I think if he wanted to get that point across, he would have done so in an obvious manner.  It's how he is, which is why I find this "outrage" so interesting.

Isn't it at all possible that he meant the same thing for both Kelly and Chris Wallace when he used the same analogy?  Is there even a slight chance of that being the case?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2015, 10:46:53 pm »
Sure - I'll go for that. Wallace has been accused of being on the rag before. He's probably used to it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Carling

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2015, 10:49:54 pm »
Sure - I'll go for that. Wallace has been accused of being on the rag before. He's probably used to it.

I've never seen a woman bleed from the eyes during menstruation.  I've been married for 18 years, so I may be missing that part of the cycle.  :)

Perhaps Trump meant they both have Ebola.   :whistle:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 10:50:39 pm by Carling »

bkepley

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2015, 11:00:59 pm »
If using logic and appreciating the meaning of actual words is defending Trump, then I suppose I am.

What about Trump's past would make you think he'd use some sort of vague throwaway line to get across a point of Megyn Kelly menstruating?  I think if he wanted to get that point across, he would have done so in an obvious manner.  It's how he is, which is why I find this "outrage" so interesting.

Isn't it at all possible that he meant the same thing for both Kelly and Chris Wallace when he used the same analogy?  Is there even a slight chance of that being the case?

Calling a news woman a bimbo for being tough on him is just pathetic period.  The guy's not fit for high office.

Offline Carling

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2015, 11:04:13 pm »
Calling a news woman a bimbo for being tough on him is just pathetic period.  The guy's not fit for high office.

I know.  Attack what he's actually said, not on some loosely-translated assumption. 

Again, was he saying that Kelly and Wallace have Ebola?  I ask because people with Ebola actually do bleed from their eyes, both men and women.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:04:40 pm by Carling »